Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocklin, CA (Tesla Service Center, 18 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info! I assume with 18 stalls there is rarely a line and if so turnover is pretty quick? Not too concerned with a slow rate to start since I’ll be stopping for food.

Also since I’ll have a ski rack on the car, any concern someone will take them when I’m at lunch? Looks like a fine area, especially with the SvC there.
With 18 stations, fast turnover even if it's full.
I wouldn't worry about the ski rack. It's in a good area and lots of other owners there to watch things.

If full, there is another one at Roseville Galleria and Natomas in Sacramento. You will gain a lot coming downhill from the two Superchargers in Truckee. Northstar has destination chargers. Go here supercharge.info and click on the Supercharger , click on "Nearby" and you will see all the food places nearby. It is a little bit of a walk to the food places, so if it is storming, get the food first and eat at the SuC. You can plug your trip into A Better Routeplanner and get your choices. Just make sure you set your parameters.

If full, there is another one at Roseville Galleria and Natomas in Sacramento. You will gain a lot coming downhill from the two Superchargers in Truckee. Northstar has destination chargers. Go here supercharge.info and click on the Supercharger , click on "Nearby" and you will see all the food places nearby. It is a little bit of a walk to the food places, so if it is storming, get the food first and eat at the SuC. You can plug your trip into A Better Routeplanner and get your choices. Just make sure you set your parameters.

Only really thinking about the way up from SF. I will probably stick with rocklin. Have charging at my friends place so I won’t have to charge at the resorts or in truckee.

Like Nosken said, there probably won't be any need to charge anywhere along the way from Truckee back to SJ area in an X90D due to the loss of elevation. I know I once went from Truckee to San Rafael to San Jose and finally to the Gilroy supercharger all on one charge in an S90D. And it wasn't even all that close.

• Informative
Reactions: McManX
Thanks for the info! I assume with 18 stalls there is rarely a line and if so turnover is pretty quick? Not too concerned with a slow rate to start since I’ll be stopping for food.

Also since I’ll have a ski rack on the car, any concern someone will take them when I’m at lunch? Looks like a fine area, especially with the SvC there.
No problem with leaving the car around lunch. This is a safe area and it is a VERY active Service/Sales center. Comfortable seats inside to rest while charging.

• Informative
Reactions: McManX
Map is showing Reduced Service for rocklin. I presume it’s because of the mass delivery push?
I was there yesterday, one of the stalls was not working. (Under the canopy)
The lot was packed with teslas and a semi was on the street unloading more
Exciting stuff!

They also had a crew cleaning cars, most likely prepping them for delivery

I was there yesterday, one of the stalls was not working. (Under the canopy)
The lot was packed with teslas and a semi was on the street unloading more
Exciting stuff!

They also had a crew cleaning cars, most likely prepping them for delivery
Spotted today at the back of Wal-Mart parking lot between Sacramento and Elk Grove on I-5, a truckload of Teslas. It was trying it's best to hide itself from the freeway behind a Wal-Mart semi. Don't know if the driver is catching some Z's or if the "pattern is full" in Rocklin.

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and Macbest
On the way back from the Bay Area today I drove passed Lathrop, CA on I-5. The lot that was full of Teslas is now empty. I saw one dusty Model X parked in a spot facing the freeway. The side of the building had a truckload of Teslas already loaded.

I was at Rocklin at 8 this morning picking up my car from service and every single stall was occupied by a new car, presumably charging for delivery. Also no places to park while waiting -- almost all filled with new Model 3's, a few S's and X's.

Also saw an auto carrier offloading a load of 3's, and about six 3's driving in tight formation down 80 towards Sac -- I assume those were home deliveries.

I was at Rocklin at 8 this morning picking up my car from service and every single stall was occupied by a new car, presumably charging for delivery. Also no places to park while waiting -- almost all filled with new Model 3's, a few S's and X's.

Also saw an auto carrier offloading a load of 3's, and about six 3's driving in tight formation down 80 towards Sac -- I assume those were home deliveries.
Those "formation" Teslas were likely headed to the second delivery location or the overflow lot, both in Roseville.

Charged here last night at 11:15 PM - Plenty of slots available however I noticed a few Teslas plugged in & no owners. Assuming plugged in by the SC & left overnight for a customer to pickup in the morning.

Received the full 114 kW as I started charging about 34% SoC