Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully we can put to bed the whole idea of the utility taking forever to do this type of work (that we do every day!)...Scheduled for today, happening today, finishing today....About 12 people in two crews, all the heavy equipment needed, coordination, cable being pulled, transformer lifted, set, and wired up, the whole nine yards in a nice safe manner...Done!

SDG&E certainly means business! As I recall, the other supercharger in SDG&E territory (San Juan Capistrano) had its own set of issues, which were also probably outside of the utility's control. Here in San Diego, it obvious the delays had nothing to do with the utility.

Taken 30 minutes ago!

Also, hi everyone!

20150511_130049-1.jpg

Once this location comes to life California will have five locations with twelve supercharging pedestals. Fremont CA, Hawthorne CA, Rancho Cucamonga CA, Culver City CA and San Diego CA. Every time I am at Fremont CA., the factory, I am told that four more supercharging pedestals will be placed along the fence line in line with the eleven others. It makes sense to have 16 or 20 supercharging pedestals at the factory... but it sure is great to see these twelve coming online! Thanks everyone for all the photos, especially today as much progress has been made. Has anyone cupped their hands over the Tesla logo to see if they are lit? note: I'm sure when they do the striping they will correct the handicap stall markings and adjust the walkway accordingly.

Hopefully we can put to bed the whole idea of the utility taking forever to do this type of work (that we do every day!)...Scheduled for today, happening today, finishing today....About 12 people in two crews, all the heavy equipment needed, coordination, cable being pulled, transformer lifted, set, and wired up, the whole nine yards in a nice safe manner...Done!

WOW! That is called making a statement! SDG&E just made a BIG one! Hats off......

FWIW, the interactions I've had with SDG&E have always be efficient. I've had to move a transformer, and that went quickly. I've had my house meter moved, and that went well. Nothing but kudos for SDG&E from me!

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Tesla to "flip the switch" to turn it on until at least tomorrow (Tuesday), and then they have to run a series of tests. I expect it to be operational this week though. Then there is the question of access since the overall parking lot is still within a very big construction site (although the building is looking close to completion).

@RandyS

Nice to see this go "on line." I remember at one of our SD Tesla Club meetings someone said there maybe another supercharger in San Diego....any info on that?

It looked from the map like it would be off the 15.

I drove by this one today and it was still clearly all fenced off. None of the stalls appeared to be lit up (but it could be hard to tell during the day)

Drove to San Diego yesterday (I go there about twice a week), arrived back at San Juan Capistrano with 8%. Sure could use this supercharger!
I make the trip about once a week and often have to go to Chula Vista and Poway. Last week I made it to SJC with only 3%. I certainly hope we won't get locals leaving their vehicles there and not returning for hours. That happens a lot at SJC. I was there today for an hour at stall 3B and there was a Tesla in 3A when I got there and no sign of an owner when I left an hour later. No one should be taking up a SC space for more than an hour.