Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not operational. I was there this afternoon. Still fenced off with black bags over the chargers.

Thought so. And *poof* the Recargo entry is gone too, 404 error. Either Recargo vets it or somebody called. Either way here is my me-too that this SC will come in handy. Maybe if we bugged that Union Bank branch to approve easement? Offer to open a new checking account...?

I did not speak to the bank manager, but I spoke with the project manager on the job

Do we really know for certain that this is an easement issue still holding it up? Has anyone actually gone inside the bank recently and spoken to a manager?

Sure wish they got this going......after the easement we have three days of work left....trenching and hookups....IF we can get the crew back out, that is.......

Sure wish they got this going......after the easement we have three days of work left....trenching and hookups....IF we can get the crew back out, that is.......

Just so people aren't overly disappointed ... the entire process for legal entitlements and execution, remobilization, construction, inspections, testing, utility scheduling, and site comissioning can potentially take 2+ months out from today.

sjc.jpg

Current status is same: From the utility side, the job hasn't been released to construction yet (easement not completed).

In the meantime, here is a photo that shows the source of the power for the SC station. The feed will go under the pavers, out to the street, up the street to the bank lot, turn in, and go to the transformer pad location...

View attachment 43773

Current status is same: From the utility side, the job hasn't been released to construction yet (easement not completed).

In the meantime, here is a photo that shows the source of the power for the SC station. The feed will go under the pavers, out to the street, up the street to the bank lot, turn in, and go to the transformer pad location...

thanks, Randy. Sounds as if you talked yo someone official about this, right? Great to hear...

TIA

Fred, the bank has to grant the utility an easement in order for the utility to install equipment such as the new transformer on their property, so those are the parties working on it. The document is not finalized and signed yet. Once completed and recorded, then the utility construction can be scheduled.

As for the other comments, complaints aren't necessary. The issue is being worked, and progress is being made. I'll post an update when I hear more info.

Fred, the bank has to grant the utility an easement in order for the utility to install equipment such as the new transformer on their property, so those are the parties working on it. The document is not finalized and signed yet. Once completed and recorded, then the utility construction can be scheduled.

As for the other comments, complaints aren't necessary. The issue is being worked, and progress is being made. I'll post an update when I hear more info.

Great. Thanks for follow-up, Randy. Much appreciated.

View attachment 43773

I was wondering how they make a new connection to an live high voltage main underneath the street that might not have an extra junction. Connecting to a spur from the main at an existing transformer pad sounds easier.

I was wondering how they make a new connection to an live high voltage main underneath the street that might not have an extra junction. Connecting to a spur from the main at an existing transformer pad sounds easier.

Every job is a little different. Some jobs lend themselves to a connection while hot with the right hardware, and some jobs require an outage to make a safe connection. I'll check and see what the plan is for this job...

Ultimately Tesla is responsible to have the Superchargers ready around the time they are promised. I picked up my P 85 in January expecting to be able to go to San Diego from Orange County with the San Juan supercharger available shortly. When I read about the first cross country trip using Superchargers my reaction was to be pissed off. With the very large numbers of Teslas in Southern Ca. It is unbelievable that one can not travel to San Diego from anywhere north. Clearly the management has spent more resources
for publicity purposes on the cross US network than on this critical location in San Juan. If they really cared the station would have been already open. The Tesla company will lose significant good will if this project is stalled much longer. A newspaper article about this issue would not be well received in Tesla headquarters.

Ultimately Tesla is responsible to have the Superchargers ready around the time they are promised. I picked up my P 85 in January expecting to be able to go to San Diego from Orange County with the San Juan supercharger available shortly. When I read about the first cross country trip using Superchargers my reaction was to be pissed off. With the very large numbers of Teslas in Southern Ca. It is unbelievable that one can not travel to San Diego from anywhere north. Clearly the management has spent more resources
for publicity purposes on the cross US network than on this critical location in San Juan. If they really cared the station would have been already open. The Tesla company will lose significant good will if this project is stalled much longer. A newspaper article about this issue would not be well received in Tesla headquarters.

Hi Vitdoc, and welcome to the very active Tesla Motors Club forums.

If you read back on this thread, and others, you may reach the same conclusion I and others have; the actual "go live" date is not in Tesla's control. There have been issues related to easements (Buckeye), permits, post-construction inspection by city and utility operators, etc. My point is, before you slam Tesla for failing to provide you with free Supercharging at a particular place and time, conditioner it may not be their fault or in their control at all.

As a friendly suggestion, I would read up a bit more before I post. There is a LOT of insight to be gained here.
(And I still read a lot more than I post, after several years here.)

Welcome to the forums!