Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 of us charging this afternoon around 3pm.

WP_20140523_001 (800x450).jpg

I got 4A Saturday morning. That really is a great spot. Seemed fast, and was closest to the awesome Carneceria. The Mexican food is truly authentic there. Gotta try the barbacoa, al pastor, and carne asada. Tortas, burritos, tacos, pan dulce its all muy delicioso. Sorry, just thinking about the food there get's me off on a tangent.

I am happy to report that Saturday and today (Monday), there were several spots open when we arrived. We were prepared for a Gilroy or Hawthorne experience, so we made a great trip down to San Diego.

Off topic note: If you are looking for a place to stay in La Jolla, the Hyatt near the UTC has three Blink chargers.

I was there around noon today (Memorial Day), and snagged the last spot. I expected to wait, and was pleasantly surprised.

I want to echo Bound's thoughts on the authentic Mexican joint. Most Mexican places that have an attached butcher shop/bakery are pretty good, and this is no exception.

Is anyone on this thread going to the official Tesla ribbon-cutting ceremony at the SJC SC tomorrow, Wed, at 10 am ?
http://www.teslamotors.com/event/it’s-time-celebrate-opening-san-juan-capistrano-supercharger

It is 55 miles south for me, but the traffic this morning at 8-9am looked pretty bad. Using one or more toll roads might help some, but I have never done that.

Thanks for posting it here,

Its only 15mi south for me, so I might head down. What will be interesting is the best way to get there from Irvine Spectrum. I presume I-5 might be not be busy going south, but wondering if going 133 South and then to 73 South, all the way into SJC might be a better option.

EDIT: Looking at Google Maps Typical Traffic, I-5 looks green all the way into SJC.

Also, @tbleakne, if you're planning on getting a fastrak toll tag, get one from 91 Express Lanes, provides special conditions for electric vehicles :)

Is anyone on this thread going to the official Tesla ribbon-cutting ceremony at the SJC SC tomorrow, Wed, at 10 am ?
http://www.teslamotors.com/event/it’s-time-celebrate-opening-san-juan-capistrano-supercharger

It is 55 miles south for me, but the traffic this morning at 8-9am looked pretty bad. Using one or more toll roads might help some, but I have never done that.

Thanks for posting this; I didn't know about it. I haven't RSVP'd, but I think I'll bop up anyway.

I was there this morning and it was fun to see the others. We had 1 roadster show up as well, which was great to see, but I forgot the owner's name already.

Speeches came from Jeremy (last name?) from Tesla, Robbin (last name?) from Union Bank and Sam Allevato, mayor of San Juan Capistrano.

I put some pics up here (http://imgur.com/a/EfhAF#0) and I saw some people with real cameras, so I am sure there are more out there. I also took a video of the ribbon cutting but have not uploaded it anywhere yet.

Last edited: