Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since people usually don't spend much time at Superchargers, knowing the stalls are full right now when I will arrive in 45 min won't help in any way as the situation will have changed in 45 min. Same the other way around. It might show some free stalls but they might be all taken in half an hour. It also doesn't say anything about how long the expected wait time is. Either way, it's still faster to wait, say 10 or 15 min for a stall to open up rather than using any other charging station. So even if it shows full I would still go there and wait a little. If you are on a road trip you very rarely have real alternatives other than Superchargers. Anything else is so much slower and results in so much more waiting that even a busy Supercharger is the better option.
While I agree with these comments, I believe it would be useful to see displayed on an App recent statistics for each SC site organized by day of week and time of day. While completely avoiding a SC location may not be possible, arranging to arrive at a different time might often be feasible. There have been lots of reports about how busy weekends are vs weekdays for many locations, but more detail could be helpful.

If the SC location has just a few empty stalls when one arrives, there is the additional question of which empty stall would be the best to choose. The answer is easy if there are two empty stalls sharing the same number, such as 3a and 3b. However, if the paired stall of every available stall is busy, the initial charge rate you will get depends upon the state of charge of the paired car. The App could tell you which available stall was paired with a car charging at the lowest rate.

Here is the current status on superchargers. SJC isn't in the list yet as it is online less than 30 days.

1400009819679.jpg

Up at SJC this morning grabbing a charge and I see that there are two parking signs missing that say Tesla electric vehicle parking...

I sure hope that our own owners are not liberating the signs for their garages...

View attachment 49279

Wow. I didn't expect this.

I had half a mind to swap them over with the shared union bank parking ones so that everyone got a full charger guaranteed if other spots were iced.

I ran into the owner of the local contractor firm that helped on the job. He stopped by to check up on things (good guy). We talked about the missing signs. He said that during construction there were two Tesla owners that stopped by and during the course of the conversation on these two separate occasions these owners said they wanted signs and told the construction crew that they were going to come back and take the signs after they were installed...So it was no surprise to him...Think of the impression that our owner community has now made on him (and Tesla).

Sad...sad...sad....

How about lobbying Tesla to put the signs into the webstore rather than taking these valuable signs that help regulate parking at the SC site?

I ran into the owner of the local contractor firm that helped on the job. He stopped by to check up on things (good guy). We talked about the missing signs. He said that during construction there were two Tesla owners that stopped by and during the course of the conversation on these two separate occasions these owners said they wanted signs and told the construction crew that they were going to come back and take the signs after they were installed...So it was no surprise to him...Think of the impression that our owner community has now made on him (and Tesla).

Sad...sad...sad....

How about lobbying Tesla to put the signs into the webstore rather than taking these valuable signs that help regulate parking at the SC site?

There is a TMC user that is already making replicas. See Supercharger Parking Signs (replica) for details.

Sad...sad...sad....

Dafuq

That's pretty poor form.

Is there CCTV footage from the bank?

Sad...sad...sad....

Sad indeed. My first impression when you mentioned that two got stolen was how cool it'd be if TM offered these online. I'd probably buy one! The replicas below don't quite look the same.

Wow. It hadn't even crossed my mind to take the sign and yet two owners already thought about it and told the contractor? That is sad. If you guys are reading this, grow up and put the signs back!!!

I believe Randy, but I have my doubts about the contractor's statement. I just don't find it believable that two Tesla owners would announce their intent to commit theft. Perhaps the contractor mistook a joke, or perhaps he mistook an anti-Tesla ICE owner for a Tesla owner. Or maybe the contractor is just full of it. I don't know. But I think there are number of possibilities that are more likely than two Tesla owners announcing their intent to commit a crime.

I'm with markb1. I mean seriously? Who thinks that two separate Tesla owners will come to a construction site, announce their intent to steal a couple signs, come back at night after construction is complete and rip the signs out of the foundation and run off with them. And for what purpose? Seems a little far fetched to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to dig out the 2 hour parking sign in front of my house so I can stick it in my garage.

I'm with markb1. I mean seriously? Who thinks that two separate Tesla owners will come to a construction site, announce their intent to steal a couple signs, come back at night after construction is complete and rip the signs out of the foundation and run off with them. And for what purpose? Seems a little far fetched to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to dig out the 2 hour parking sign in front of my house so I can stick it in my garage.

i noticed the missing signs the other day. Bank should pull their tapes. Pathetic

My lovely wife just left SJC. Crazy conditions today for driving on I-5 (fires and accidents and closures all over the place) and this supercharger saved the day. Anyway, she said she got a charger spot right away (3pm, weekday) and there was a steady stream of Model S coming and going the entire time. At least 5 stations busy at any moment. Looks like SJC is indeed going to be a very busy station.