Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA (LIVE 5 May 2018, expanded May 2020, 14 V2 + 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been discussed in other threads, like this one: New Tesla Destination Chargers
It can deliver up to 40 amps.

Looks like they came up with a special HPWC for some destination chargers. I believe the J1772 adapter included with the car is limited to 40A and the Roadster may be too, which is why their J1772 HPWC is limited to 40A.

Some jurisdictions may be requiring Tesla to include J1772s to support all EVs at some supercharger locations.

Looks like they came up with a special HPWC for some destination chargers. I believe the J1772 adapter included with the car is limited to 40A and the Roadster may be too, which is why their J1772 HPWC is limited to 40A.

Some jurisdictions may be requiring Tesla to include J1772s to support all EVs at some supercharger locations.
I believe these exist to support the Tesla Workplace Charging program. The first time I ever saw pics of one was from a business that joined the program, and Tesla sent them half Tesla connector Destination Chargers and half J-plug. It's to support charging non-Tesla EVs at workplaces, while still promoting Tesla.

I'm here right now, the mobile station is super cool! There's a few engineers from Tesla here. I talked to one and he said this was their first time doing this. They knew SLO was going to be a high traffic area this Thanksgiving. It seems to be doing the job, there's consistently like 4 spots open right now (I got here at 515pm)and
This is amazing! Kudos to Tesla for coming up with this temporary solution for adding more charging on a very busy travel route like the 101 on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Just read the Teslarati article on the mobile megacharger this afternoon. Pretty cool and with long cables. Had to check out the thread here to get member feedback. Is there someone who jumps up on the trailer to hand down the handle to you or do they just lie there on the trailer bed? We both wondered that seeing them up on the trailer in the photo.

The thing about the mobile megacharger is that it's mobile so will be moved around and apart from knowing it's out there not sure what purpose a separate section on it would accomplish. Where you go will either have one or more likely not if not as heavily used/trafficed area.

The thing about the mobile megacharger is that it's mobile so will be moved around and apart from knowing it's out there not sure what purpose a separate section on it would accomplish. Where you go will either have one or more likely not if not as heavily used/trafficed area.

Maybe because people want to discuss the technical details of it, or where it is at any given time. Neither of which is really appropriate for this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: David L and Chuq
Maybe because people want to discuss the technical details of it, or where it is at any given time. Neither of which is really appropriate for this thread.
Agreed, thank you.

I have started a new thread about this portable MegaPack Supercharger in the Supercharging and Charging Infrastructure forum at Tesla Mobile Supercharger - Battery and Pedestals on Trailer

The discussion can be continued there. Of course when the portable MegaPack Supercharger is moved to another SC location (it’s not going to stay at SLO forever) please post about it in the thread specific for that location.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Chuq and MP3Mike
Valet is here at SLO today and he’s handing out water. He said the new stations will not be up this week but the Megapack is coming back here on Sunday. Destination chargers are in and working.

Attachments

• 562A1BEE-3173-4FB9-ADC2-878D775B256E.jpeg
    562A1BEE-3173-4FB9-ADC2-878D775B256E.jpeg
    650.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 72CA8174-70AC-4A3E-A8CC-F4ABBFF54C71.jpeg
    72CA8174-70AC-4A3E-A8CC-F4ABBFF54C71.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 69
  • FD740249-023E-4C97-BF95-79B04DA01FBD.jpeg
    FD740249-023E-4C97-BF95-79B04DA01FBD.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 719953BA-C02A-4874-BAAD-81D5E28550F2.jpeg
    719953BA-C02A-4874-BAAD-81D5E28550F2.jpeg