Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seekonk, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1254 days since added to Supercharge.info. I know there are others that have taken a long time, but should this be considered a lost cause and removed from Supercharge.info?
Why? There's no information that the project has been totally dropped and Tesla lists Seekonk on their map for 2022. In the past, I would have said that it being on Tesla's map didn't mean anything, but in the recent updates they removed old pins where they weren't still working towards a supercharger in a specific spot. The map has been much more reliable now.

So there is an update on the seekonk supercharger - no longer generic "2022" but a little more specific at Q2. I choose to be optimistic!

Q2 2022.jpeg

Reactions: kayak1
Building permits BLDGCO-2021-00182 and ELEC-2021-00869 were issued 9/28/2021 and 10/15/2021 respectively for an 8 stall V3 installation to be located at 965 Fall River Ave in Seekonk, MA. The permits were issued to Gordon Building and Excavating, a regular in New England for Supercharger construction. The just finished both Chicopee and Franklin, and have a permit just approved for Ellsworth, ME. It's possible this location could now or soon begin construction. NOTE: This is a Q2'2022 pin on Tesla's map, so it's possible construction is not imminent as well.

This appears to be the site of an old restaurant that has is being redeveloped as a gas station/convenience store. I don't know the progress of that redevelopment, but if they're issuing permits for the supercharger, then the gas station construction is likely underway.

This would appear to replace the previously proposed location of 101 Commerce Way that had been previously approved by the planning board.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

Attachments

• 965 Fall RIver - Approved Tesla Plan.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
Building permits BLDGCO-2021-00182 and ELEC-2021-00869 were issued 9/28/2021 and 10/15/2021 respectively for an 8 stall V3 installation to be located at 965 Fall River Ave in Seekonk, MA. The permits were issued to Gordon Building and Excavating, a regular in New England for Supercharger construction. The just finished both Chicopee and Franklin, and have a permit just approved for Ellsworth, ME. It's possible this location could now or soon begin construction. NOTE: This is a Q2'2022 pin on Tesla's map, so it's possible construction is not imminent as well.

This appears to be the site of an old restaurant that has is being redeveloped as a gas station/convenience store. I don't know the progress of that redevelopment, but if they're issuing permits for the supercharger, then the gas station construction is likely underway.

This would appear to replace the previously proposed location of 101 Commerce Way that had been previously approved by the planning board.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright
1426 days....

1635987271499.png

Reactions: TFCooper3 and jlv1
Drove by the site today. Lots and lots going on, on this lot. So I couldn't pull in to take pictures. This location will be more convenient to the highway
Thanks for the update. Curious to hear if any of that activity appears in the location where the Supercharger is planned, or if it's just either demolition of the original restaurant or construction of the gas station/convenience store.

Reactions: chjch
Here is a business story about Neon and their growth plans that include co-installing EV charging stations from both Tesla and ChargePoint in their new builds.

Cross-posting this business story about Neon's growth plans that include EV charging at their stations.

Reactions: AZRI11
Photo taken yesterday afternoon courtesy of John Rohland. Utility poll placed Wed afternoon. Gordon Construction working to run the conduit over to the pad which was still waiting for a transformer in this picture. The contractor has crews finishing Seekonk, nearby Warwick, RI, Concord, NH and Ellsworth, ME concurrently.
IMG_3810.jpeg