Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seekonk, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note: I think the service station was hoping to have a grand opening of this new location, and possibly Warwick, RI on the same day next week, 12/22/21. Not sure if they're on track for that; they may be trying to line up stars to have the supercharger open by then (in Seekonk - probably not Warwick) too, although I doubt they have control over that.

Is there any update here?
Last update as of late last week was Seekonk was still waiting for a transformer for the supercharger. Not sure if the grand opening will be tomorrow or not for the store - it may be. Warwick supercharger is supposed to be construction-complete in the next day or two and a transformer is reportedly onsite. Warwick store grand opening is on track for tomorrow, 12/29 but supercharger will probably not be online for that.

Last update as of late last week was Seekonk was still waiting for a transformer for the supercharger. Not sure if the grand opening will be tomorrow or not for the store - it may be. Warwick supercharger is supposed to be construction-complete in the next day or two and a transformer is reportedly onsite. Warwick store grand opening is on track for tomorrow, 12/29 but supercharger will probably not be online for that.
Is the Warwick SC not going to be put in at the tesla delivery center?

Is the Warwick SC not going to be put in at the tesla delivery center?
It is located at the new Neon Marketplace in Warwick, RI

It is located at the new Neon Marketplace in Warwick, RI

The meetup at the Warwick, RI Neon Marketplace is a go for tomorrow 12/29 at 10:30am. Common down to socialize, grab a bite of free pizza and show our appreciate to Neon Marketplace for hosting EV charging at their current and growing list of locations! After our Warwick, RI gathering, we may head up to the Seekonk, MA location as well (assuming it's open) to show our appreciation there as well.

We expect both supercharging locations will NOT yet be live for the meet-up, but should be soon.

Reactions: corywright
The Seakonk Neon Marketplace (and supercharger) is not open yet - the store opening has been delayed by another week or two. Like Warwick, Seekonk is just waiting for a transformer and meter to be complete, along with the required visit from Tesla to commission the site after that.
IMG_5876.jpeg
IMG_5877.jpeg

Have they committed to a day when this will be open? I live 10 mins from here and would love to use it! hahah
I think the store may be open within a week or so last I heard (we may do another informal meetup there when they have their grand opening to show support for them and hosting superchargers). No way to know on the supercharger - it's up to the utility to provide the transformer before Tesla can then schedule a visit to commission.

Reactions: juliusa
Neon Marketplace in Seekonk is having their grand opening today. For anyone interested, an informal meetup will occur there today at 10:30am. A little socialization outside by the superchargers (still waiting for a meter & to be turned on), most likely some free food offered by Neon as they did in Warwick a few weeks ago, and a chance to show our appreciation to the Neon Marketplace for hosting Tesla Superchargers at their stations.

National Grid was onsite in Seekonk today connecting the transformer. Meter will show up after "paperwork" is done. I presume that means final inspection which is still shown as outstanding on the permit. We're getting close.

Interesting that they have different crews do the transformer delivery, hookup to the grid and meter. In Williston VT, GMP did the transformer and grid hookup wiring in one visit (unsure about the meter).

Thanks again to John Rohland for the photos and updates.
IMG_4309.jpeg