Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seekonk, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a new one!

http://www.seekonk-ma.gov/pages/SeekonkMA_Planning/S02518AF2-025B35A8.15/PB 11 14 17 agenda items_2.pdf

Their November 14th Planning Board agenda had a Supercharger for 12 stalls at 101 Commerce Way, between the Paper Store and the Taco Bell. Full details including engineering drawings are included in the PDF.
I live in Swansea, MA. 15 minutes from this planned location. Recently at the new Tesla location in Warwick, RI, I was informed that the location will be next to Kohl’s along Rt 6.

I live in Swansea, MA. 15 minutes from this planned location. Recently at the new Tesla location in Warwick, RI, I was informed that the location will be next to Kohl’s along Rt 6.

Taco Bell and Kohl’s share the same parking lot. Unfortunately, they have had the permit for 766 days and still no sign of construction. The only positive is that, the longer the wait, the more likely it will be a V3 station.

According to the Vice Chairman on the board of selectmen in the town of seekonk Tesla has not been in any contact since the permit. He's very much in favor of this happening. Funny part of this is he owns a home heating oil company Azorean Oil Inc.

That’s interesting. I wonder if Tesla places more focus on other chargers like Orleans and Wareham instead of Seekonk. Hopefully it gets going soon. Hate to see this one pending for so long.

Generally, once a permit is granted, the board members have nothing more to do with it, and it's a town staff issue with the building inspector issuing a building permit when they ask for one. (I'm on the Planning Board in Ashland; no Tesla applications here.)

The only good news about the delay is that it makes it more likely it will be a V3 Supercharger.

The last I knew, the building inspector in my town (Dighton) moonlights as the building inspector in Seekonk. Seekonk seems like it would be the better job but whatever. Anytime I try to get information out of Jim the response is "I'll let you know". I still don't know.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
Thanks - any idea who the right people are to bug?
Tesla isn't the greatest communicator - they don't have a good track record of consistent and timely replies to support requests. I don't know of any generic contact methods for future supercharger sites - if anyone has direct contact info for members of the Tesla supercharger infrastructure team it's not something that is generally shared publicly (so nuts like us who can't wait for new sites to show up don't hound them constantly ;))

Don’t know if this is a coincidence, but, ummm...
3F9F2D53-6702-44FD-82DE-90FDA699A60E.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and Tdreamer
Candidate Profile: Nelson Almeida for Seekonk Board of Selectmen He owns a home heating oil company, and I know him. He says Tesla hasn't been in contact with anyone since the permit was issued 1000 days ago. If you want here's his buisness number and ask him (401) 442-6353. I showed him my model 3 and he knew nothing about Tesla, was surprised you could charge it at home, and it had no gas tank o_O

Reactions: pcrow and Tdreamer