Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Statesville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used the Nissan charger in Hickory several times and all of the times, they have been great hosts and very receptive to hear about the Tesla experience. Also, I have used other Nissan chademo chargers and have had a similar experience at almost all of them.

Also, to answer your question about protocol, they usually put a cone in the space to reserve it for EVs, you just need to move the cone and put it back when you leave.

Do you ask before you use it?

Dropped by SC location and nothing going on

IMG_2150.jpg

Yep, still no indication they've actually received any permits or entered into a lease agreement with any property in the area. Everything thus far is speculation and talks, but nothing to indicate they're moving forward with any build here. Additionally, my contacts have confirmed yet again that there is no process in the works here as of yet and that even if they decided to do something today it would be several months before construction even began. So, yeah, I definitely vote to drop this pin from the maps that show it until there is an actual permit or other solid evidence of moving forward.

• Informative
Reactions: Zarwin
Yep, still no indication they've actually received any permits or entered into a lease agreement with any property in the area. Everything thus far is speculation and talks, but nothing to indicate they're moving forward with any build here. Additionally, my contacts have confirmed yet again that there is no process in the works here as of yet and that even if they decided to do something today it would be several months before construction even began. So, yeah, I definitely vote to drop this pin from the maps that show it until there is an actual permit or other solid evidence of moving forward.
I heard they are conflicted. They want a supercharger there, but they don't want to reward you for your "bad" behavior.....

Not judging, just throwing out a theory.

I actually contacted the Statesville permitting office and they said they have had the permit sitting there ready for pickup since November.

So if anyone knows anyone at Tesla, tell them they forgot about their approved permit (if it isn't about to expire by now).

That just continues to support my theory that Tesla hates @wk057. They'll pick up the permit when he moves.