Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Statesville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump... is there any new information on this location? It would be really beneficial for those of us heading up I-77N from CLT then North on I-81 so we don't have to go out of our way to Wythville...

Unfortunately, Tesla's decision to proceed with Hickory is likely the end of the Statesville location due to their proximity.

I think it is likely that there will be a new SC in northwest Charlotte on I-77 near I-485

No signs of activities but these containers look familiar

Attachments

• IMG_20180109_072956158~2.jpg
    IMG_20180109_072956158~2.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 125
These are likely the same containers Zarwin noted in May 2017:

Went by there today since I was driving through and still no activity. The area that was thought to be the location of the supercharger was covered with containers. Seems the Marriott is being renovated and the containers are full of rolls of carpet. If this is the area of the supercharger, many of those containers will need to be gone before construction can begin.View attachment 228290

• Informative
Reactions: RTPEV
This is the single biggest obstacle in the supercharger network for me right now. I hate the Charlotte SC. It's my least favorite one I've ever been to. There just isn't anything good there now that the coffee shop went out of business and it's really out of the way if you're traveling on I77. I have actually hypermiled from Wytheville (VA) to Columbia (SC) in my 70D, skipping the Charlotte stop. It was about 235 miles. But, it's impossible to do that going north, as going up the mountain takes too much energy. They really need another location on I77 somewhere in that area. Or I need to buy a bigger battery...

Reactions: jto654 and vdiv
This is the single biggest obstacle in the supercharger network for me right now. I hate the Charlotte SC. It's my least favorite one I've ever been to. There just isn't anything good there now that the coffee shop went out of business and it's really out of the way if you're traveling on I77....

You must have never been to the Lumberton, NC or Santee, SC superchargers.

Reactions: pgiralt and Zarwin
I love stopping at Santee! How can you not like the Santee General Store? Bait, ammo, coffee, grits, and fireworks all in one place!

Top Tip: Do NOT eat at Cracker Barrel in Santee. Actually, don't eat at any Cracker Barrel, anywhere.

One time I rolled in really late, and the only place open was the CB (close to closing). I swore I would never eat there again after my last CB experience... I should have stuck to my guns and just gone to be starving. I would have felt A LOT better.

Last edited:
Reactions: swengl and Zarwin
At Charlotte SC Friday we had 18 Tesla owner's and wannabe's. We ate at House of Ling's. Nobody complained about the food. The plate's were clean when we left.

search

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3173.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3181.jpg
    IMG_3181.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3184.jpg
    IMG_3184.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 76
Proud 2 B a Redneck.

Historical Scottish Covenanter usage
In Scotland in the 1640s, the Covenanters rejected rule by bishops, often signing manifestos using their own blood. Some wore red cloth around their neck to signify their position, and were called rednecks by the Scottish ruling class to denote that they were the rebels in what came to be known as The Bishop's War that preceded the rise of Cromwell.[24][25] Eventually, the term began to mean simply "Presbyterian", especially in communities along the Scottish border. Because of the large number of Scottish immigrants in the pre-revolutionary American South, some historians have suggested that this may be the origin of the term in the United States.[26]

Dictionaries document the earliest American citation of the term's use for Presbyterians in 1830, as "a name bestowed upon the Presbyterians of Fayetteville [North Carolina]".[13][25]

Proud 2 B a Redneck.

Historical Scottish Covenanter usage
In Scotland in the 1640s, the Covenanters rejected rule by bishops, often signing manifestos using their own blood. Some wore red cloth around their neck to signify their position, and were called rednecks by the Scottish ruling class to denote that they were the rebels in what came to be known as The Bishop's War that preceded the rise of Cromwell.[24][25] Eventually, the term began to mean simply "Presbyterian", especially in communities along the Scottish border. Because of the large number of Scottish immigrants in the pre-revolutionary American South, some historians have suggested that this may be the origin of the term in the United States.[26]

Dictionaries document the earliest American citation of the term's use for Presbyterians in 1830, as "a name bestowed upon the Presbyterians of Fayetteville [North Carolina]".[13][25]

More likely the derivation comes from what happens to your neck when bending over working the fields under a hot southern sun. My grandfather was an old-timey tobacco farmer (used a mule and plow), and he clearly had a red neck.