Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thousand Oaks, CA - East Thousand Oaks Blvd (re-opened May 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 283264
The project seems stalled again. Someone exposed most of the sidewalk that’s in need to repair. Otherwise, nothing is happening here today.

I have a plan: If a handful (or most) of us just make a trip to Home Depot this weekend, buy the concrete and other things needed to fix the sidewalk and other punch-list items at our expense (we can split the costs - would be minimal), we can get this done ASAP without waiting for the bureaucracy. We can do it Saturday late evening. Who's down?

The construction crew is back!! They are pouring cement today, to patch the Westlake Blvd. sidewalk. Then, the temporary fencing should come down.

The wrought iron fence along the off ramp still needs to be repaired, and there is no irrigation for the plants along that fence. But, that wouldn’t necessarily prevent the use of the SCs.

Let’s hope they're available this week.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Good news, and bad news.

Good — the sidewalk has been repaired.
Bad — SCE has NOT feeling finished installing their equipment.

Apparently, according to the construction crew, even though there are multiple underground vaults, SCE still intends to install additional equipment above ground.

An end-of-the-month completion seems like unlikely.

• Informative
Reactions: BruceR61
Arghh. About an hour ago the crew foreman on site told me still two weeks more. Bottleneck is SoCal Edison, who has yet to do the interconnect. Doesn't mean the foreman is right, mind you, but it's another datapoint that says we're still a few clicks away.

Utilities are one of the most vexing links in the chain. Sadly, I know the drill. We're in the middle of building a California fast-charge network, using Black and Veatch, the Supercharger construction/engineering firm.

Once again, there was no activity at the site today. The construction crew moved on their next project —the Santa Clarita location — weeks ago. A few of them returned yesterday, but just to complete their work (sidewalk repair) here. Caruso uses BrightView for landscaping, and any remaining electrical work depends upon SCE.

• Informative
Thank you for the update. I am watching this with interest, but I can’t imagine needing to charge less than 7 miles from my house- and I’m only about 2 miles from the Oaks mall location where they’re building another supercharger station. And the funny thing is that for the longest time, the only superchargers along the 101 were in Oxnard or Burbank and now we will have two in Thousand Oaks, one in Calabasas, and later in time they’be some throughout the valley.

8713F6B5-222F-4229-A732-AF1ADB7F578D.jpeg 27C08777-19CA-48D8-8E79-D038239104A6.jpeg BDA7BCFF-9B59-485F-93CF-C1BF901FECA6.jpeg

Who expected to see this on a Saturday? SCE installed the transformer, and completed some of their wiring today. Even more surprising — they plan to return tomorrow to continue their work.

According to SCE, the scheduled completion date is 3/18. But, they can’t understand how it could take that long.

Reactions: rrosenbl
View attachment 284154 View attachment 284155 View attachment 284156

Who expected to see this on a Saturday? SCE installed the transformer, and completed some of their wiring today. Even more surprising — they plan to return tomorrow to continue their work.

According to SCE, the scheduled completion date is 3/18. But, they can’t understand how it could take that long.

Deeply appreciate all this info but I must ask: Are you literally camping out at this place, for weeks, waiting to see when it opens? You're there quite a bit!

To @madsigh 's point, I was there today at 11:30am and can verify that the Edison folks said they will be done on 3/18. Edison said they installed enough power to run a large hotel! I let them know that our beloved cars are quite thirsty.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4019.jpg
    IMG_4019.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 110
Thank you Lakesbutta & madsigh for the updates/pics. The job foreman speculated in December the site would be powered up by "end of Feburary". A date that has has sadly come and gone. Though very good to see SCE on site. I could have so used a charge the other day that I ended up using a Charge Point plug and spending $23 to fill up! I'll pass by Mon. afternoon to check.

Oxnard SC was long delayed because of the power company and then one day one guy in a small truck drove up, connected a few terminals, slapped on a meter and BOOM, I could charge! With all of the activity of the past 2-days I expect we'll be up and charging before the 18th, but I'm not getting my hopes up.