Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tillamook, OR (LIVE Sept 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is enough circumstantial evidence that I’ve added it as a construction site on supercharge.info.

Pin on Find Us map ✅
Target opening date soon ✅
Permit with this location ✅
Construction site of appropriate size ✅
Some materials on site (conduit) ✅
I don't disagree with the conclusion but your reasoning is not very solid on most of your points.

Pin on Find Us map - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of a Tesla determination of future need.
Target opening date soon - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of Tesla in lease negotiations or landlord search ongoing
Permit with this location - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of a lease probably concluded successfully
Construction site of appropriate size - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of a wish on our part (see any thread mentioning Totem Lake).
Some materials on site (conduit) - this is circumstantial evidence for sure, conduit could be for other projects like drainage, however more evident is...

Obvious construction of a concreate pad in background of pic #1, with short conduit coming out of it vertically. Undoubtedly this will be for Tesla AC->DC conversion cabinets, and it looks like maybe the 1000kVA green power transformer will be next to those closer to the street. I also see digging towards the street where there are 3-phase powerlines (2 sets?) on the opposite shoulder, so that may be where the power is coming from.

Lastly there are two round concrete items with four hefty bolts in them and a conduit/pole of some kind in them. This may be evidence of:
a) pre-existing base for a light-pole being removed (doubtful given the obvious age of the tarmac compared to bright, clear concrete footing (therefore newer), or
b) some kind of fitting that is used for pre-fab 4-stall SC units, with the conduit going inside the power cabinet associated with the 4 stalls.

Anyhow it's all good news.

I don't disagree with the conclusion but your reasoning is not very solid on most of your points.

Pin on Find Us map - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of a Tesla determination of future need.
Target opening date soon - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of Tesla in lease negotiations or landlord search ongoing
Permit with this location - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of a lease probably concluded successfully
Construction site of appropriate size - X not evidence of Construction, just evidence of a wish on our part (see any thread mentioning Totem Lake).
Some materials on site (conduit) - this is circumstantial evidence for sure, conduit could be for other projects like drainage, however more evident is...
We're talking about changing a blue dot to a construction cone on supercharge.info here. This isn't a capital murder trial. The standard of evidence does not need to be as high as you are suggesting. In the unlikely chance that it doesn't turn out to be a supercharger, it will be reverted to a blue dot or removed from the map altogether.

Ummmmm, Tillamook Aged Cheddar Cheese. Their ice cream ain’t bad either. They have two free Tesla Destination chargers also, really no excuse to stay away unless you are lactose intolerant 😬
Off-topic but approximately half of Americans and 68% of all humans are lactose intolerant. It doesn't stop most of them from eating ice cream though...

Off-topic but approximately half of Americans and 68% of all humans are lactose intolerant. It doesn't stop most of them from eating ice cream though...
This fact has always amazed me. Over 8,000 years of humans drinking cows milk and no genetic adaptation to handle it. Guess once we are weaned off mothers milk we really are not suppose to keep drinking milk. Thanks goodness I can keep eating Tillamook cheese and having milkshakes(which is depressingly hard to find a good one anymore)

We're talking about changing a blue dot to a construction cone on supercharge.info here. This isn't a capital murder trial. The standard of evidence does not need to be as high as you are suggesting. In the unlikely chance that it doesn't turn out to be a supercharger, it will be reverted to a blue dot or removed from the map altogether.
I was just pointing out that in the CA Supercharger thread, this wouldn’t qualify for Bmah to change the title to under construction. Thought there was some cohesion here but i guess it’s the wild wild Pacific Northwest here… 😂

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
This fact has always amazed me. Over 8,000 years of humans drinking cows milk and no genetic adaptation to handle it.
Not to get toooooo far off topic, but very few regions of the world consumed raw cows milk until pretty recently. And if you have plentiful food in a more tropical climate then cows milk is unlikely to be the difference between life and death. Like, why eat something that makes you feel terrible unless your life depends on it?

1) You have plenty of food. Lactose tolerance is irrelevant.
2) You are in famine. You drink Milk, the intolerance finishes you off.
3) You are in famine. You drink Milk, the nutrition saves you.

Bringing it back to Tillamook, there are varying degrees of lactose. Cheese has a small fraction of the lactose while retaining much of the nutritional value of the milk. So, you can be pretty lactose intolerant but still eat cheese and ward off famine. Tolerating milk seems to have sprung from people where raw milk was either necessary to live (arid dehydration) or culturing of cheese wasn't accessible (too cold).

Also even if construction begins and ground is broken... it can still be years before it's finished. So people shouldn't get too hung up on whether or not they've started construction. A blue dot can be just as close to opening as a cone.

I already agreed it should be a cone, but "not very solid on most of your points" was the all I said, Only one of the five big green check marks is related to construction.

Who was it who spotted the concrete equipment pad in the background of the image? That for me is SOLID evidence.
✅

I agree, however, just about any EV charging installation could use a similar equipment pad. We know it's most likely the anticipated Tesla installation for all of the reasons I provided. Good eyes on your part - I hadn't even noticed the equipment pad.

Anyway, how about some ice cream? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: floatplane
Should have dug a little deeper before the last post. Based on this zoning file attachment to the structural permit (851-22-000789-STR), it will be 3 prefab units for a total of 12 V3.
0410E2FB-1CA2-4223-88BC-90D9CEDDFE89.jpeg

And as confirmation, the electrical permit issued 7/5 shows 12 chargers.
1659189934266.png

Interestingly enough, like the Boardman site, this is using an electrician outfit from Idaho. Different but not from Oregon (site location) or Washington (where Blackstone is located).

View attachment 837814
The latest Tesla Find Us map update has this location opening this quarter (my post at the start of this thread originally had it slated for Q4 2022).
Was there last weekend. Nothing has changed. Just the pad for the switchgear cabinet and maybe transformer at the west end and the two light posts in the middle matching the site drawing above and pictures in post 16.

This fact has always amazed me. Over 8,000 years of humans drinking cows milk and no genetic adaptation to handle it. Guess once we are weaned off mothers milk we really are not suppose to keep drinking milk. Thanks goodness I can keep eating Tillamook cheese and having milkshakes(which is depressingly hard to find a good one anymore)
Isn't it? I have a "real ice cream", by which I mean scooped by hand, requirement for my milkshakes. So. Hard. To. Find. :rolleyes:😜

Reactions: Big Earl
Isn't it? I have a "real ice cream", by which I mean scooped by hand, requirement for my milkshakes. So. Hard. To. Find. :rolleyes:😜
My family hates it when we go to a new place that brags about their milkshake. I go full Sheldon: chocolate milkshake please- scooped hard ice cream, must be vanilla with Hersey or Ghirardelli syrup and whole milk not from a plastic bottle. Learned the hard way to ask, once got made a chocolate shake with just chocolate ice cream, tasted like melted ice cream.

• Funny
Reactions: wws