TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Webster, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by ℬête Noire, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I hope this goes online before Wings Over Houston

2. Texas Flood

Texas Flood Member

Ran by today. The only significant difference is that there are a set of cabinets surrounded by a fence in the area where the men are working in Darmie’s photos.

3. Texas Flood

Texas Flood Member

Sorry, the men working are in drsnooker’s photo. The area is more built up in Darmie’s photos, and is now enclosed.

• Informative x 1
  4. drsnooker

drsnooker Member

It feels like this particular supercharger is taking longer than usual to install....

5. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

02FF88C8-544A-4268-83F2-58AA0D468192.jpeg Latest photo. Stalls are conduited. Looks like they are waiting for the transformer.

• Informative x 2
  6. STDRDC13

STDRDC13 Member

And the charging pedestals, which are missing at a few SC construction sites across TX.

7. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Your concern. It's noted...

And the utility drop. Looks very well prepped for it, though, should be a quick hookup once the transformer install is inspected.

I would not call this one of the slower developing ones, at all.

8. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

Well it feels like it, darn it.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 9.14.34 AM.png

Tick, tock! :p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. STDRDC13

STDRDC13 Member

Ran by the site Monday 7/8 and it appears to be at a standstill (unchanged from Pale-rider's #85 post) until the charging pedestals arrive because I'm 95% that CenterPoint will not be cleared to bring power to the site without the pedestals. Now they could drop the transformer on the pad, but there will not be any feeders connected to the overheads. I do remember the GC telling me the pedestals wouldn't arrive until late July at the earliest, but at the time I just figured he was under promising in order to over deliver. I guess he was shooting straight.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  10. Texas Flood

Texas Flood Member

I ate at Rudy’s today. No significant change.
    6CB7BB01-A4BE-4345-8A63-0419F786FA91.jpeg

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

12. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

That's not a new thing... I can tell you about several charging stations in Michigan that just appeared completely out of the blue without any advance warning that they were even coming. The Supercharger in Ludington is a prime example of that. It was never on the Tesla map as coming soon...until one day it was just there and available to use. There's also a third charger under construction around Grand Rapids that is not on the Tesla map either...yet it will be open in another month or so. Then there's Escanaba which has been "Target opening in 2017" then "Target opening in 2018" and now "Target opening in 2019".

So what I'm saying is... That map isn't exactly something to be relied upon completely.

• Like x 2
  13. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Giddings & Webster are not on the Tesla map, but construction is underway. It’s all magic.

• Informative x 1
  14. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in Lake Charles LA)
    I just wonder what legislation holds up what. It's as if the official Tesla map don't want the state legislators to know what's going on until it's done. ..and what's the real reason for the lack of peristalsis? Humm. Michigan, Texas.... Na, but I do remember in the 60's listing to pop griping about conspiracies. Here I am doing the same thing.

• Funny x 1
  15. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

I consider the Tesla "coming soon" map to be a transcription of a Xerox of a printout of a photo of a whiteboard of an informal presentation taken during an staff meeting in 2012. It's just a sketch of "what would be nice if we could do it," in my opinion, and doesn't carry much weight in the specifics.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

yep - purely aspirational

17. gyndok

gyndok Member

Progress!

18. gyndok

gyndok Member

Progress!

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
  19. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

Okay, so all that's left in for the tie-in to the grid, someone at the power co does an inspection, meter gets turned on, and then the Tesla tech shows up to throw the switch?

Or is there another local gov inspection to happen, too?

That sounds like a couple weeks, maybe?

20. CivEngPe

CivEngPe Member

Is my post showing up?