Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woburn, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting for this.....will be nice to have this one close to an area I actual go to
The Lynnfield site has been great - good amenities, charge while we pick up dinner (Whole Foods or takeout), or check in at the Apple Store. But there is a terrible knot of traffic around the I93/I95 junction that regularly makes Lynnfield practically unreachable. The Woburn site avoids at least some of the traffic, but are the amenities as good as Market St?

Like @adspguy, the site I really want is the Burlington Mall. (I'm having trouble believing in the Lexington rest area, it's such a tight fit.)

The Lynnfield site has been great - good amenities, charge while we pick up dinner (Whole Foods or takeout), or check in at the Apple Store. But there is a terrible knot of traffic around the I93/I95 junction that regularly makes Lynnfield practically unreachable. The Woburn site avoids at least some of the traffic, but are the amenities as good as Market St?

Like @adspguy, the site I really want is the Burlington Mall. (I'm having trouble believing in the Lexington rest area, it's such a tight fit.)
I don't remember all the stores there.....but it's in a big Target parking lot. Starbucks, Petco, some type of sub shop, Chipotle across the street. And more stuff is being built.

Reactions: chjch
Some progress to report - utility trench has been cut, looks like they’ve poured some concrete around the supercharger pad and around some of the pedestal bases.
C0389CA5-DE0C-4F7E-8D07-B94E6453666B.jpeg
E60E8CE3-0955-4A07-8056-B3EF1D5BA56D.jpeg
E8ABB02B-C632-4825-B4CF-492C6CDF6A75.jpeg

When I saw that Tesla was putting in a Supercharger in Woburn, I had visions of the vehicular constipation that plagues the 93-95 interchange. Now that I see the construction is right off the Commerce Way exit on I-93, it's easy to hop off 93 to reach the Supercharger.

It's an easy hop if you're North of the interchange, and not too bad if you're coming up I93 from the south. If you're East of the interchange, it is likely to be difficult fairly frequently, but you can just turn around and go to Lynnfield. Those of us West of the interchange will find Woburn a little easier to get to than Lynnfield during congestion, but not exactly an easy hop.

The Lexington supercharger won't actually help this situation much - it's an easy hop if you're coming up I95 North, and otherwise pretty inaccessible. Someday if Burlington actually gets built things will get better.

At the end of the day it's great to have so many choices... not like @bjrosen's concerns about Rhode Island....

Reactions: kayak1