Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I'm still glad there is one in Yuma!

And how, brother (or sister)! I made sure the Yuma location was going in last year before putting money down on the MS, because we go PHX-SAN-PHX all the time. We bring our food, and let the kids play at the playground which is perfect timing for them to break up the trip. I go for a jog along the river when it's not summer. Sometimes I stand there and look over the fence and imagine what it is to be a sewage farm attendant, or wonder if the ducks know what they're getting into.

Seriously, the location does seem a little "inexperienced" for the supercharger team in a way, but then again this whole thing has gone in over just a couple years which is amazing.

What I'd love to see is a solar canopy over this Hot-Hot charging location. Summer is coming up, and Fort Yuma was known as the hottest army outpost in the country, just 150 years ago. Some things don't change, lol.

Uh oh... We were planning on going through Yuma on Monday. Guess we'll have to go through Quartzsite/Indio instead...

I'm leaving for San Diego in the morning. If I range charge in Gila Bend, I can make it to El Centro. I believe this route will be quicker even with the additional charging time in Gila Bend.

I hope a replacement transformer is located quickly. I'm a little surprised that Tesla did not send an email blast to AZ and CA owners.

My wife and I are heading from Phoenix to San Diego tomorrow morning around 9:30a. In taking with the Scottsdale service guys this afternoon (which were fantastic!) they mentioned that the site may be down.

Going to to call the TM 800 number in the morning and try and come up with a plan. Looks like with my 21" tires ans a eg trip planner speed multiplier of 1.1 I should make it from Gila Bend to El Centro but I just hate waiting for a range charge :/

Hopefully the the guys at TM can get the super charger back up and running!

ill update you all tomorrow.

I'm leaving for San Diego in the morning. If I range charge in Gila Bend, I can make it to El Centro. I believe this route will be quicker even with the additional charging time in Gila Bend.

We have a 60... Gila Bend to El Centro not doable.

For us, the distance from home to Carlsbad is about the same via both I-10 and I-8 - less than 5 miles different.

Will monitor based on reports its not completely down... Would like to tick off some more Superchargers!

Thanks! Glad I had the time to browse this board, we were going to go through tomorrow. We'll take I-10 instead.

I hope Tesla can implement real-time warnings about stuff like this on your nav screen, it's not like you can just go kitty-corner to the Shell station if the pumps are out at Chevron.

Funny thing, a few weeks ago when Corsicana was down there was a message on the in car nav saying so- and there was one other station that had a message about slow charging, so they do have the capability, I'm not sure what criteria they use to push out such messages on the nav. Maybe someone else knows or maybe Tesla will tell us some day.

Just called TM. As of now 1A,1B,2A, and 2B are still down. The other 4 stalls are working but may be charging at a reduced rate.

I'm stull going to give Yuma a shot, I'll let you know how it goes.

Stopped by Yuma about an hour ago. 1b was in use. We plugged into 2a with 40% SOC. Charge rate was fluctuating, climbed to 80 kW, quickly dropped off, then slowly started to ramp up again. We had plenty to get to El Centro so we unplugged. 1b was still charging when we left. Driver wasn't around so I dont know what rate they were getting.

Stopped by Yuma about an hour ago. 1b was in use. We plugged into 2a with 40% SOC. Charge rate was fluctuating, climbed to 80 kW, quickly dropped off, then slowly started to ramp up again. We had plenty to get to El Centro so we unplugged. 1b was still charging when we left. Driver wasn't around so I dont know what rate they were getting.

Thanks for the report. I think we'll still plan to go through Yuma on Mon...

Stopped at Yuma to charge and get lunch a couple of weeks ago on my way out to Phoenix. Discovered that the Hilton Garden Inn has stopped serving lunch and only does breakfast and dinner now for some reason. Just a heads-up - if you are charging during lunch you'll want to pick something up before you get to the supercharger or you'll have to walk into town. After discovering that the Hilton wasn't serving lunch, I walked down to the historic district on Main Street and had a pretty good burger at the Pint House Bar & Grill, but it was a good 10 minute walk in each direction.

DO NOT USE 2A.

The supercharger handle got stuck in my chargeport and I had a hell of a time getting it out. And yes, it has been reported to Tesla and they are supposedly going to send someone out to look at it.

It was only with the help of Roadside Assistance that I was able to get it out. He was able to verify that the car was unlatching and gave me the go-ahead to pull as hard as I could. Even then, it was only when I put the phone down, put one foot on my rear tire and *really* pulled hard that it finally came out. I was pulling so hard that I almost fell down when it actually did come out. I'm 40yo, 6'5" 300 lbs so you can imagine how good it was stuck in there. Probably more than half of Tesla owners wouldn't have been able to get it out at all.

Anyways, I'm plugged in and out a few times at an adjacent stall so all is good for the moment. Only strange thing is that it turns blue, then flashing blue for about 5-10 seconds before charging initiates. I don't recall that happening before. Roadside Assistance guy said he thinks it was most likely a problem with the charge cable, but he wants me to stop at a service center and have them take a look at my chargeport and latch as a precaution. Really hoping this doesn't happen again as I'll be in even more remote place than Yuma in the coming days.

PS I did have this happen once before at Van Horn, but the people at the hotel said it had happened to others before so don't think it was an issue with my car. Also, that time, just pushing the release button in the lower left corner of the chargeport released the cable with no issue. That method did not work this time in Yuma.