Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The imbalance between eastern and western suburbs keeps growing.. šŸ„“. Granted we donā€™t have that many apartments/units in the west, but still some areas around Monee Ponds are pretty dense with only 4 stalls to serve them. I guess all the Tesla top brass live in the eastern suburbs šŸ˜‚
Moonee Ponds is 6 stall V2 and it does get pretty busy. Another supercharger site in the west is definately needed soon as there's plenty of Teslas out that side of the city. Footscray is growing rapidly and getting enough apartment density to warrant a v3 site. Or else further out with decent access from the M80 ring road.

Reactions: SPadival
On the supercharger voting call-to-action: This is the write-up/summary I'm going to use to suggest to the admins of the big Aussie Tesla/EV FB groups - proofread/thoughts anyone?

So none of the group admins paid much attention to the "tag @everyone" request, but I posted it in a few FB groups 3 nights ago: "Tesla Owners Australia", "TOCA Official", and "Electric Vehicles for Australia".

This is the result so far (colours summarise my general descriptions in the document):

dRq41lA.png

Observations: It is definitely having an effect: The suggest sites are getting votes as a faster rate; Port Wakefield is in 6th place, and only 7 votes away from 5th place; Campbell Town has move up 6 spaces, from 20 to 14. But so many people are still voting for Orange and Batemans Bay... sigh. If nothing else, at least if they make top 5 they'll be taken out of the voting pool next quarter.

I wonder if I should change the recommendations around, given Mansfield has what appears to be an unassailable lead. Swap it with Leongatha? Then I might post in "Tesla Model 3 & Y Australia", "Tesla Model 3 Australia" and 'Tesla Model Y Australia" for a bit more of a boost.

Reactions: PcS000 and cafz
So none of the group admins paid much attention to the "tag @everyone" request, but I posted it in a few FB groups 3 nights ago: "Tesla Owners Australia", "TOCA Official", and "Electric Vehicles for Australia".

This is the result so far (colours summarise my general descriptions in the document):

dRq41lA.png

Observations: It is definitely having an effect: The suggest sites are getting votes as a faster rate; Port Wakefield is in 6th place, and only 7 votes away from 5th place; Campbell Town has move up 6 spaces, from 20 to 14. But so many people are still voting for Orange and Batemans Bay... sigh. If nothing else, at least if they make top 5 they'll be taken out of the voting pool next quarter.

I wonder if I should change the recommendations around, given Mansfield has what appears to be an unassailable lead. Swap it with Leongatha? Then I might post in "Tesla Model 3 & Y Australia", "Tesla Model 3 Australia" and 'Tesla Model Y Australia" for a bit more of a boost.
I think leave the request as is. You may end up getting an unexpected side effect and knock out Mansfield if you do happen to get an @everyone tag and deny the obvious leading site of those who engaged with the process.

Also, I am a member of one of those groups you sent the request to and almost did not see it at all. So I suspect you are still missing a large potential set of voters.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
Moonee Ponds is 6 stall V2 and it does get pretty busy. Another supercharger site in the west is definately needed soon as there's plenty of Teslas out that side of the city. Footscray is growing rapidly and getting enough apartment density to warrant a v3 site. Or else further out with decent access from the M80 ring road.

Looking at the current supercharger map on the Tesla site, the West and North are barren.

I do find it weird how all the chargers are inner eastern suburbs though, considering how many Teslas you see out in the outer South East now.

I think leave the request as is. You may end up getting an unexpected side effect and knock out Mansfield if you do happen to get an @everyone tag and deny the obvious leading site of those who engaged with the process.
Yeah I did consider that, while unlikely would be a bit of a disaster.

Also, I am a member of one of those groups you sent the request to and almost did not see it at all. So I suspect you are still missing a large potential set of voters.
That a problem in how FB works unfortunately. Not everyone sees every post in the group, some might only see it a few days later if it gets a bit more traction, etc.

120x510mm mounting holes to hold the charge stall post down, would be interested to see if that is the same as the traditional v2/3charge post. Might need to swap a lot of them out for the cables to reach more vehicles, even if the back end charger remains the same.
Thatā€™s what Tesla Bjorn guessed in his review of the V4 supercharger being installed alongside older V3 chargers.

Sydneysiders depart Sydney and typically head north from around 2am on Friday
Expect Monday afternoon to be the same

October long weekend....
Had to come home (Hunter Valley) from Sydney after picking up my Tesla on Friday morning.

M1 to Newcastle was rather busy! Thankfully the kind folks at Tesla had the car to 100%, so I didn't need to stop and charge anywhere.

Reactions: Vostok and Jules22