Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely disagree.

Knowing a few people in Tesla (including one who was recently laid off and still speaks very glowingly of Musk) Musk IS Tesla, he is still extremely heavily involved and thrives on the multitasking. It's extremely clear if you follow anything he has done that focus on one task is not how he works best and in crisis mode is where he really shines.

A change in CEO would be the dumbest possible move ever and would set Tesla back at least a decade.
I reckon Musk is to Tesla what Jobs was to Apple.

Last edited:
I voted for Elon Musk's package and move to Texas....

1714700424963.png

can probably focus on the good things he is doing too .. most of which none of us are even close to having the capacity to do.

who are we to judge?

I quote -

Have you never said anything you later regret? has anyone?

As for the last one, I fully support that 100%
even the second one has merit if you look into the way he (Tredau) treats his country and truck drivers (still cant believe that protest went on for so long and was completely censored, and wartime emergeny powers enacted to force them away. Go Democracy!)

Reactions: Jules22
I think we’re going way off topic on a supercharger thread.

Meanwhile, there have been reports from the US of new superchargers being magically commissioned today & communication going on as normal with the contractors ( apparently reported by Kyle, but I need to figure out which of his zillion YouTube channels is this on 🥴)

Last edited:
even the second one has merit if you look into the way he (Tredau) treats his country and truck drivers (still cant believe that protest went on for so long and was completely censored, and wartime emergeny powers enacted to force them away. Go Democracy!)
Agreed, just imagine if every single thing we said and did was scrutinised and magnified by the likes of some of the gutter journalists linked above.

Like I said, he's not perfect and you have to take the good with the bad. He's certainly not the nefarious demigod that some politically motivated extremists like to paint him.

Reactions: dronus
But he also points out utilities may have spent $$s on starting to run power to sites yet to break ground.

I don’t know about the US, here the utilities love an opportunity to gold plate their network because their regulated rate of return is based on the capital expenditure. This will be a drop in the ocean of spending that’s not needed.

Today, EFTM can reveal that at least one planned location, where work was set to commence within months will not go ahead, and given the messaging, it seems clear that will likely flow along to many if not all others.

This business – located in regional Victoria, who’s name we are keeping private at their request, has a large carpark which was due to include a four-bay Tesla Supercharger.

In an email sighted by EFTM, a legal representative for the business advised the General Manager that “I have just received a voicemail from Andy Nguyen at Tesla advising that the Tesla Supercharger team has been dissolved globally and there will be no more supercharger sites moving forward.

I’ve just spoken to Andy and he has expressed his disappointment and was certainly caught by surprise – as were the rest of the Tesla Supercharging teams. He also said he expects his email to be deactivated within the next 24 hours.

Happy to chat if you have any queries but safe to say this matter probably won’t be going any further.

From what we can ascertain, Andy Nguyen works in the Global Supercharger planning team in Austin Texas for Tesla.

EFTM has also seen the Licence agreement for the Supercharger, which was for a five year period with the option for Tesla to extend twice by five years. That’s a fifteen year plan for a Supercharger location – out the window.

Looks like these four bays, plus the fifth that was going to be used by the Control Cabinets and Switchboard will still be available to all car-owning patrons for years to come.

Screenshot-2024-05-03-at-12.24.33-pm.png

Last edited:
This mess is devastating not just for Tesla but for the whole Ev industry. I wouldn't blame anybody who was thinking of buying an Ev to totally can the idea at present. I've read the tweet but it goes nowhere near explaining the method of the madness.
Lots of people (me included) just charge at home and drive to work and around the place everyday. I can already drive everywhere i want to, and there are new RAA/JOLT/EVIE/CHARGEFOX sites going up every week.

I guess i dont see it as devastating because i rarely use superchargers or DCFC. Its not like they are ripping all the infrastructure out so no one can use an EV again.

Lots of people (me included) just charge at home and drive to work and around the place everyday. I can already drive everywhere i want to, and there are new RAA/JOLT/EVIE/CHARGEFOX sites going up every week.

I guess i dont see it as devastating because i rarely use superchargers or DCFC. Its not like they are ripping all the infrastructure out so no one can use an EV again.

My concern is that I just don't trust anyone else's network, the Tesla supercharger network for the most part has been rock solid, whilst still not expanding fast enough for my liking, its still way beyond what others have achieved.

The Australian network is FAR from completed, Still waiting on the hume having more capacity at Tarcutta, Gundagai and Benella, finishing the Bruce, finishing the Bruce, the Sydney-Adelaide route, upgrading the Melbourne-Sydney route any many other routes that are not serviced at all outside of a single 50kW charger.

With the network now allowing access to other brands, revenue would be increasing. I just cant see the logic in this at all. Perhaps if we actually had a statement from Tesla explaining the decision we could be more informed. In the meantime, until we get some answers, Tesla definitely deserve criticism.