Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
In midst of road trip with son from DC to Flagstaff AZ. We stopped at 2 other new ones not listed, but son drove more than half way to those, so those are the rules, and they are fair.

Have your son make an account on TMC and get him in the game. ;)

Dont miss everything Casey Jones has to offer at the Jackson TN stop. Wish they were all that entertaining. be safe out there.

Ooo! Is that a Southern Pacific Daylight coach in the background? (drool)

Safe travels!

Bruce.

Okay, I am willfully demonstrating my California ignorance about the eastern part of these United States.

Out here in the west, toll roads are pretty rare. In fact, California did not have any toll roads until about 15 years ago when some sort of private-public arrangement constructed some toll highways in Orange and San Diego Counties. Shortly after, toll lanes appeared on some of the more congested freeways about Los Angeles, San Diego, and the Bay Area. These toll lanes have crazy rules but generally are cheap--even free if carpooling.

That said, we do have toll bridges about the Bay Area. The tolls for the six state-owned bridges are $6; I think the Bay Bridge might charge $5 during off peak times. The Golden Gate (not owned by the state) charges more--I think about $8.50 or so during rush hour and maybe a buck less at other times. Some ferries charge, like the San Diego-Coronado ferry. Others are free, like the ones in the Delta.

Tolls are only collected in one direction, generally heading west into San Francisco, south into San Francisco, or north across the eastern stretches of the bay.

Come to research the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Geez Louise! Two bits per mile, and roughly half if you buy this EZ Pass device. This is confiscatory! Are there surcharges to boot? Like having to exit to use a bathroom or charge your car and then reentering the toll road? And a person has to register to use the turnpike it seems so you can be billed for usage. To a life-long Californian this is ridiculous. It is why we have fuel taxes.

My friend told me that the last time he drove the Pennsylvania Turnpike (2014 or so) it was in pretty crappy condition.

So, how are the alternatives, like US30 to using a toll road that effectively charges a quarter per mile for the privilege of driving on a road constructed in the '60s with no improvements since? And does the state/city have tolls on bridges across the Monongahela, Allegheny, and Ohio Rivers, or other navigable waterways? What other surprises are in store in the eastern United States?

🤬
Like @Big Earl says, get an EZ Pass and don't look at the bill. Bernadette did a trip from DC to New York City a couple of weeks ago and the tolls cost her a total of $92.75 there and back.

I personally avoid the PA Turnpike whenever I can because it is always under construction, has terrible traffic, is often restricted to 55, often has cops sitting at the bottom of hills just waiting to nab people, and terrible traffic. When I head west From DC, I tend to use I-68 to I-79N to I-70W. It's a bit longer but doesn't have tolls and isn't the turnpike.

Regarding bathroom breaks, most of the tollways (NJTP, PA Turnpike, etc) have "service areas" on them where you don't have to exit the tollway. They typically have bathrooms, gas stations (and increasingly charging), some sort of convenience store, and two or three fast-food joints. For everything else, you pay to exit the tollway and then restart the clock when you get back on.

You can almost always avoid the tolls if you are willing to spend the time and inconvenience in doing so. For me, I will usually try to route around Chicago toll roads but it is by no means the fast way around.

Reactions: Tdreamer
April 17th

Washington

Federal Way
Seattle - Northgate

Here’s a pic from #1200:

View attachment 654472

By the way, congrats into edging back into 1st place in the USA.

43FC5D49-10FE-4A5B-A870-17FAA8CF6922.jpeg

Without EZPass, the $46.90 becomes $94.70 via toll by plate.

Thanks one; thanks all.

So, I checked into EZPass. Seems too much hassle for a day and a half or so. Then with all the problems of being in the wrong lane, not mounting the EZPass correctly, filling out form 33-11B (I fill out way too many government forms as it is), having to return the EZPass in its special bag to close my account when I am home (otherwise, I presume that the money is Pennsylvania's to keep), VToll issues, etc. etc., maybe I'll just stay off the interstate and enjoy the bucolic countryside.

Moreover, there was no Amish discount for our fellow travelers by buggy. :cool:

I dont mind paying tolls, what's madding for me is the seemingly infinite number of systems that are used and it's not always clear what you're supposed to do. Some Pay by Plate bill without penalty, some you have to log in to their system and pay within a certain number of days or they tack a surcharge. Some give you an option to pay at a booth or by plate but it's not clear what the additional charge is going to be if you Pay-by Plate. It's in Denver, I believe, where the two toll roads are a different website and billing. Some roads you have to take and hold a ticket and then pay at the exit and some of those are automated and cash only. I even ran into an old fashioned throw your coins into a basket on-ramp with no other choices. Yes, I realize I sound like a hick from backwoods Oregon where the notion of a toll road is completely foreign.

I dont mind paying tolls, what's madding for me is the seemingly infinite number of systems that are used and it's not always clear what you're supposed to do. Some Pay by Plate bill without penalty, some you have to log in to their system and pay within a certain number of days or they tack a surcharge. Some give you an option to pay at a booth or by plate but it's not clear what the additional charge is going to be if you Pay-by Plate. It's in Denver, I believe, where the two toll roads are a different website and billing. Some roads you have to take and hold a ticket and then pay at the exit and some of those are automated and cash only. I even ran into an old fashioned throw your coins into a basket on-ramp with no other choices. Yes, I realize I sound like a hick from backwoods Oregon where the notion of a toll road is completely foreign.
No you don't. We all agree with you. It's maddening.

I once had fun with the toll booth lady on the Kansas Turnpike (or whatever it's called). I stopped, pulled 4 different transponders out of my glove box, and asked "do any of these work here?" She carefully examined each one and said "No... no... no... no!" I knew none of them would work in Kansas, but I had fun making my point. Then I fumbled around and grabbed enough coins to make her happy.

Some other fun experiences I've had with tolls roads are:

-my EZ Pass never works in Indiana for some reason, even though it works in all neighboring states. Some of the Indiana EZ Pass lanes have a gate that won't go up unless it scans a transponder. So if it doesn't work, you have cars piling up behind you with no way to back out. This happened to me twice before I learned my lesson. Fortunately one time was late at night with no cars behind me. The other time I had to get out of my car and wave to a couple cars to back out before too many cars piled up. I was lucky they did so promptly before the line formed. It seemed as though they had seen this before and didn't want to get caught in the middle.

-encountered an empty toll both late at night in rural Oklahoma (not the OKC-Tulsa road but some US highway). This toll station was designed to be paid in cash only, but there was some type of sign saying the toll collector had to go home. I pulled forward to an automated machine with a credit card reader but it was out of order. I then called some 800-number on the machine and got some flustered guy who told me to go to the Oklahoma DOT website to learn how to pay my toll. I passed on that option and they never sent me anything in the mail so I'm calling it good. I suppose, I will end up in collections for that one 10 years from now lol.

-a $1.50 automated toll down near Irvine, CA that had somehow accrued ~$100 in late fees before I even got home from my trip. There are all sorts of rage posts online about that toll road, but I just decided to pay it and move on with my life.

-my EZ Pass never works in Indiana for some reason, even though it works in all neighboring states. Some of the Indiana EZ Pass lanes have a gate that won't go up unless it scans a transponder.
Yes, I've had that same experience in Indiana several times. I had an EZ Pass which worked everywhere else except there, and I kept getting stuck at barriers until I finally started going to the manned toll booth. What a moronic system.

I also had an issue in West Virginia on one trip, where the EZ Pass booths didn't recognize my transponder, so I just drove through, which is the procedure in most places. Only as I was driving through did the sign register in my consciousness that it was some kind of crime to drive through without paying the toll. For the next couple of days I worried about getting pulled over by the state police. In the end nothing happened and I never got billed for anything, as far as I can recall.

Recently my EZ Pass has been failing even in NJ, so I just ordered a new transponder. I think the battery must be dying in the old one.

Brinkley AR
Little Rock AR
Van Buren AR (all entered)
(son companion got Ozark AR - I will get him to start an account)

I-40 West road trip continues. Arkansas has been a scenic surprise. We took a detour to Petit Jean State Park - lovely hills and great views. Built as a CCC project back in 1930s.

Discovered that Van Buren AR to Oklahoma City is on edge of range - so about half way, we are doing a hotel / RV park on Eufaula Lake OK to insert a plug. Another scenic spot.

be safe out there