Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check-ins for 2022-10-08

- Boone, NC (#904)
- Charlotte - Providence Rd, NC (#905)
- Mt Airy - Graceland Ln, NC (#906) (First to check-in)
- Thomasville, NC (#907)

Got an unexpected first which I heard about right after I had reserved a hotel room near Thomasville while charging in Charlotte. That didn’t stop me from making the detour via Mount Airy (picture below)!

E4EE8405-E510-426E-9A5D-2A0520423548.jpeg

Left my wife with our friends and went for a drive to the Virginia, Maryland and Delaware beaches.

Check-ins for 2022-10-08
- Woodbridge - Potomac Town Place, VA (#1099)
- Stafford, VA (#1100)
- Ashland, VA (#1101)
- Mechanicsville, VA (#1102)
- Richmond - S Providence Rd, VA (#1103)
- Colonial Heights, VA (#1104)
- Williamsburg, VA (#1105)
- Newport News, VA (#1106)
- Norfolk - N Military Hwy, VA (#1107)
- Chesapeake, VA (#1108)
- Virginia Beach, VA (#1109)
- Exmore, VA (#1110)
- Rehoboth Beach, DE (#1111)
- Ocean City, MD (#1112)
- Seaford, DE (#1113)
- Salisbury - N Salisbury Blvd, MD (#1114)
- Easton, MD (#1115)
- Edgewater, MD (#1116)
- Beltsville, MD (#1117)
- Chevy Chase, MD (#1118)

Screenshot 2022-10-09 12.09.00 AM.png

Last edited:
I also checked into East Hampton and Watermill NY last night.

Today there is a lot of ping ponging to be done and a kiddo short on sleep. Aiming for 10 more today and making it home for 4:25 pm kickoff of the Eagles game.

Our overnight accommodations are freezing cold and roosters are loud right outside our window so we’ll likely be leaving much earlier than planned.

12 by 12 (pm) and no more planned before we get back home.

Fun little weekend loop with a ferry ride, kiddo, and first time bringing our pup. We stayed in a camper on someone’s farm last nights because available hotel rooms were scarce.

Shirley
Lake Grove
Hauppauge - Motor Parkway
North Babylon
Copiague
Massapequa
Melvile
Melvile - Walt Whitman
Syosset
Carle Place, NY
Garden City
Roslyn Heights - Wilis Ave

Attachments

• E0F36709-182F-4A09-A42D-46996ACC04E7.jpeg
    E0F36709-182F-4A09-A42D-46996ACC04E7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
We stayed in a camper on someone’s farm last night because available hotel rooms were scarce.

The place we normally stay in State College with our dog is closed for renovations so the closest pet-friendly thing I could find on the fly was down the road in Altoona. I arrive at night, pitch black. When I wake up the next morning to pack the car I find cows staring over the fence at me 10 feet away!
It's the little things that make this an adventure.

Today was my chance to collect the Tampa, Florida area chargers, and my timing was perfect! I got an early start on a Sunday, and avoided the normally horrible traffic. @AzEd can relax for two weeks, because I won't be passing him on the leaderboard until October 21st, unless he makes another excursion before then. 😀

#713, 10/09/22, Lakeland, FL
#714, 10/09/22, Plant City, FL
#715, 10/09/22, Tampa, FL - East Hillsborough Avenue
#716, 10/09/22, Tampa, FL
#717, 10/09/22, Tampa, FL - West Swann Avenue
#718, 10/09/22, Tampa, FL - North Dale Mabry Highway
#719, 10/09/22, Pinellas Park, FL
#720, 10/09/22, Saint Petersburg, FL
#721, 10/09/22, Clearwater, FL
#722, 10/09/22, Tampa, FL - East Bearss Avenue
#723, 10/09/22, Land O' Lakes, FL
#724, 10/09/22, Brooksville, FL

My trip summary and links to each of the posts about the trip.

2022 10 09 Tucson Trip Summary.jpg

Day 1 is in the books. Just trying to put miles in to get to the center of the country so nothing too interesting today. I'll be passing through the Florida panhandle and then west to Texas. I'll probably spend a week or more in Texas before making my way to Tucson via Albuquerque. I'll be in Tucson for a few weeks beginning on the 6th. If anyone wants to do a meetup along that route, just let me know.

Check-ins for 2022-08-24
- Cary - Bass Pro Ln, NC (#886)
- Chapel Hill, NC (#887)
- Thomasville, NC (#888)
- Columbia - Harbison Blvd, SC (#889)

Day 2 is in the books. Still mainly focused on miles over sightseeing. Texas is the main prize for this leg to Tucson and I'm trying to reserve as much time as I can for it. Oh, I also want to charge at the Ardmore supercharger just inside the Oklahoma border so I can say I've charged in that state. Don't know when I'll have the opportunity to clear that state.

View attachment 845241

Day 4. Back in the land of high-speed speed limits, so I have to keep reminding myself to add more margin. FSD is an amazing companion even with all its warts.

View attachment 846022

Day 5: Didn't expect it to be a 500-mile day. It wasn't very enjoyable driving around and through Houston to get all of those superchargers, but it is done for now. I made a mistake and went to the Waco supercharger, which I'd already visited in 2019. I had to backtrack to the Abbot supercharger. The plus of this detour was that there were two guys struggling to charge a Model 3 at the Waco superchargers. Turns out they rented it from Hertz and they didn't get good guidance on how to charge. This is the second instance of this happening on this trip. Once in Denison and today in Waco. The downside of this detour is it cost me well over an hour of time. I'm can't believe how close I'm getting to Boca Chica. Please, please, please let the road to Starbase be open. Does anyone know how to check for expected road closures for testing?

View attachment 846498

One would think. I just inadvertently added Waco as a destination instead of Abbot after leaving Alvarado.

Day 6. Made it to Brownsville. Went out to Starbase last night since a road closure was likely on Tuesday, which is the case. If SpaceX completes its testing and the road opens before sunset, I'll go out again. Staying in Brownsville again tonight and then will try to make it to San Antonio tomorrow via Nuevo Laredo.

View attachment 847110View attachment 847111

Catching up a bit. I was able to visit Starbase during the day. So many cool photos, but I won't inundate you. Here are a couple of favorites plus daily summaries since.

View attachment 848075View attachment 848076View attachment 848077View attachment 848073View attachment 848074View attachment 848072View attachment 848071

Day 10 and I'm still in Texas. That's six complete days with only one down day. The rest of the days I've been driving all day. I will exit Texas tomorrow.

View attachment 848450

View attachment 848451

View attachment 848452

View attachment 848453

View attachment 848454

A very nice drive today up into SE Colorado. Lamar also surprised me as a very nice stop. The friendly gentlemen in the visitor center recommended I stop at Bent's Old Fort on my way to Trinidad, so I did. Now that I'm out of Texas, Teslafi tells me I drove over 3,100 miles in 7 1/2 days just in Texas. That's more than the distance to drive from New York City to LA (about 2,800 miles).

View attachment 848755

View attachment 848756

View attachment 848758

View attachment 848759

Day 12. My route from Trinidad, CO to Clayton, NM took me past the Capulin Volcano. I didn't know this National Monument existed until today. I spend about 1 1/2 hours taking in the views. @PLUS EV and I had dinner together in Albuquerque. I forgive him for stealing the first from me (Socorro) that I was planning to grab tomorrow.

View attachment 849049

View attachment 849052

View attachment 849051

I spend Day 13 relaxing in Albuquerque and drove to Tucson on Day 14. I'll be in Tucson for about 2 weeks.

View attachment 850067

Quick update on my situation. My car began throwing errors as I approached Gila Bend, AZ earlier this week. It supercharged fine but when I tried to go to drive, it failed to do so and a litany of errors presented themselves. Roadside service said it would have to be towed. Then began a painful day. AAA agreed to get me a tow. 3 1/2 hours later they called and said we can't find anyone and that I was on my own. Called Tesla Roadside service again and they found someone from Phoenix who could take me to Glendale. Almost two hours for them to get there. Thankfully I could get the car into tow mode. He got the car loaded up without problem and back to Phoenix we went. As I am handicapped, it was an ordeal to get me into the truck. The driver was really considerate and helpful, so we were able to get it done. I now need to work with AAA to try and get reimbursed for the tow.

Glendale got me into a loaner (a Model 3) and expedited a diagnostic, which they did this morning (Friday). Unfortunately, Gracie needs a new battery pack. Thankfully it will be covered under warranty. They said this could take two to four months as Tesla doesn't make this pack anymore and will probably have to get me a remanufactured pack. They will give me a loaner for the time, but if it is a Tesla, it cannot leave the state of AZ. I can switch to an Enterprise, which I could drive back to DC. They said I could also fly back to DC and get an Enterprise rental via a local Service Center. All of these approaches have significant drawbacks. I'm staying with my niece in Tucson, which affords me some time to think through what we want to do. This is going to be a major headache until resolved because I'll basically have to drop everything to get back to Arizona when they call and say the car is ready. Hopefully, I'll have some warning.

View attachment 853384

What a weird set of twists and turns the last two weeks have been. After thinking through my options, we decided to fly back to Virginia and then have the car shipped back once fixed. With the plan set, I made flight reservations, took a drive up to Glendale to get our winter gear out of the car so we could ship it home, and then bought UPS boxes and sent it on its way. We then further sorted stuff into what we could take with us on the airplane and what could just be put in the car until it came back to Virginia. So far so, so good. On Sunday, we packed up the car and headed up to Phoenix to stay at a hotel near the Glendale Service Center so we could easily return the loaner, put the unneeded stuff in the car, and grab an Uber to get to the airport for our flight. Of course, the hotel reservation was all mixed up and we had to find a different hotel because the place we had a reservation for, but which they claim never made it to them, didn't have a handicap room available.

Anyway, we solved the hotel issue and settled in. This morning (Monday), we headed over to the Service Center as planned. We drove into the lot and my car was in a different spot from last week. I was puzzled. We unloaded the loaner and went to speak with the techs. The tech I spoke with was new to me. I hadn't interacted with him before. He said: "your car is ready." Both I and the other tech who had been helping me last week just about fell over. It turned out, the battery came in and the weekend guys replaced it. I was like "are you sure? I'm supposed to be on an airplane in three hours." Yep, they were sure. I then asked: "are you confident I can take this cross country immediately?" Yep. they were sure. B and I huddled. Remember, much of my travel kit is in transit via UPS to Virginia. I only have a bare minimum of clothes that I needed to fly back to VA. We decided to put B on the airplane and get her home and I'd drive back and forfeit my seat.

We loaded everything in Gracie and I took B to the airport. I then decided to visit the superchargers outside Phoenix (West, NW, and N) while I waited to ensure B's plane got off okay and to give me confidence the battery was okay and would supercharge. All went well on both accounts and I ended up visiting Payson, AZ before stopping in Sedona for the night. I still haven't decided how I'm going to return exactly. Without any of my warmer gear and rain coat, I'm not sure I want to risk too much. I also need tires, but Glendale didn't have them in stock and I didn't want to wait. I think they'll make it back to VA. Any suggestions on how to get new tires while on the road without causing too much of a delay?

One of the things my niece took us to see while we were staying with her in Tuscon was Biosphere 2. I definitely encourage everyone to visit if you can. It is very cool.

Check-ins for 2022-09-14
- Gila Bend, AZ (#976)
- Glendale, AZ (#977) (Comment: Loaner car)

Check-ins for 2022-09-17
- Casa Grande, AZ (#978)
- Tempe, AZ (#979)
- Phoenix - E Camelback Rd, AZ (#980)
- Phoenix - Agua Fria Fwy, AZ (#981)
- Scottsdale - N Kierland Blvd, AZ (#982)
- Scottsdale, AZ (#983)
- Scottsdale - E Shea Blvd, AZ (#984)

Check-ins for 2022-09-26
- Buckeye, AZ (#985) (Comment: Back on the road)
- Wickenburg, AZ (#986)
- New River, AZ (#987)
- Cordes Lakes, AZ (#988)
- Payson, AZ (#989)
- Sedona, AZ (#990)

View attachment 857308

View attachment 857309

View attachment 857312

The twists and turns aren't done yet. This morning I noticed a huge dent in my right front fender. Turns out the shop somehow damaged the car and didn't tell me. They've agreed to cover the repair when I get home, but OMG, I'm ready for this trip to be over. When I got to the hotel tonight, the passenger door is now hitting the front fender when I open the door. I'm super happy that the battery is already replaced (and under warranty), but the experience in total has been exhausting and beyond frustrating. Spending the night in Farmington, NM so I can cross the Rockies during daylight. The supercharger near Teluride will be the first stop tomorrow.

It must've taken a lot of force to bend aluminum like this. I wonder what happened??? The Service Center didn't even quiz me or push back on me in any way, so I suspect they knew or found out very quickly that it was their fault.

View attachment 857634View attachment 857635

Add to the saga a second flatbed ride to the Denver Service Center. Just after departing my 1,000th supercharger location, (Silverthorne Ruby Ranch Road) I was heading towards Denver on I-70 to wrap up the day. Near Georgetown, CO Gracie displayed a warning I hadn't seen before. It said to pull over immediately because the tire pressure was "very" low. I switched to the car status display on the binnacle and the left rear tire was registering just 18 pounds and falling quickly. I stopped in Georgetown and quickly discovered that neither AAA nor Tesla provide mobile tire service, so I endeavored to use the emergency compressor to see if I could hobble my way to Denver about 50 miles down the road. I could get the tire pressure to about 20 psi but it would only last a few miles. I did this twice and hobbled into Idaho Springs at about 10 p.m. and parked near a car repair shop. I hunkered down for the night hoping the shop could "fix" the tire enough to get me to Denver. By the morning, I'd only slept a couple of hours and decided it was best to just flatbed to the Service Center. I used AAA, but again it took over four hours to get a truck out to me. Finally around 12:30, Gracie was on her way. A friend in Denver was gracious enough to come out and get me so I didn't have to try and get in the truck again. 16 hours from flat tire to flatbed. The Service Center is putting four tires on the car now and giving it an alignment. They said it would be done tonight. We'll see. I've about had it with this trip, but I'll keep putting one mile under the tires after another.

View attachment 858296

The car is operational again. A nail got me. No idea where I picked it up, whether it was on i-70 or maybe even coming from Kremmling. The Denver Service Center in Littleton was super helpful. Their service manager is top-notch. Brock is his name. I wish every service center had someone like him. They said my tires still had 6 mm of tread depth but I elected to get four new tires and an alignment. Not even sure the alignment was needed because they said the tires were wearing evenly, but worth it for peace of mind given some of the massive potholes I've hit. Even more to the point though, the tires get really loud when the tread depth is that allow and it really annoys me to have an otherwise quiet experience destroyed by the thumping/grinding type noises the tires make. The new tires solved that instantly. Today I visited the two Denver superchargers that came online since my last visit here and went down to Pueblo for a collective first with @evp and @dgpcolorado.

With the flat tire, I never had a chance to summarize my trip up from Farmington, NM to Denver. It was a beautiful drive with the trees changing color. I was shocked by the moon-like landscape between Montrose, CO and Aspen. That is also where my FSD and NOA went haywire and stopped working. Leaving Montrose, I was lazily driving on 50 when all of a sudden the car freaked out, told me to take over, and that NOA wasn't available anymore. I tried everything I knew to get NOA and FSD back. I stopped and powered off the car. I recalibrated the cameras. I went in and out of park. None of it worked. Basic AP worked but not NOA. Initially, FSD continued to work but eventually stopped working too after the camera recalibration. Just after departing Aspen, I decided to try the power-off again but this time let it sit for far longer. The first time I let it sit for about five minutes. The second time, I waited about 15 minutes. About 10 minutes in, the car made a bunch of noises like it was shutting a bunch of stuff off and going into a deep sleep. I waited a few more minutes and powered back up. That did the trick. Going all the way to that deep sleep must've finally forced the FSD computer to reboot.

Between contemplating a cross-country drive in a non-Tesla vehicle without even basic AP and having NOA and FSD fail entirely, I can tell you unequivocally that I have truly internalized these tools. They are still far from perfect, but boy to they make travel easier and safer. This realization has snuck up on me as I think FSD has crossed a threshold with the recent builds and it is becoming a useful tool rather than something I'm using purely to help train it. Again, it still has lots of warts and fails badly at times, but those are offset by more and more amazing moves and smoother driving.

I finally booked my 1,000th supercharger location at Silverthorne Ruby Branch Road location. Of course, my flat came shortly after this visit, so the satisfaction was short-lived. It felt like it took forever to get to 1,000 from 800. Glad to have that milestone behind me. A few photos below of the day.

Check-ins for 2022-09-27
- Flagstaff, AZ (#991)
- Holbrook, AZ (#992)
- Gallup, NM (#993)
- Farmington, NM (#994)

Check-ins for 2022-09-28
- Mountain Village - Mountain Village Blvd, CO (#995)
- Montrose, CO (#996)
- Aspen, CO (#997)
- Edwards, CO (#998)
- Kremmling, CO (#999)
- Silverthorne - Ruby Ranch Rd, CO (#1000)

Check-ins for 2022-09-30
- Westminster, CO (#1001)
- Denver - Pontiac St, CO (#1002)
- Pueblo, CO (#1003) (First to check-in)

View attachment 858684

View attachment 858683

Lizzard Head Wilderness
View attachment 858682

Aspen urban chargers
View attachment 858681

View attachment 858675

Gracie has new tires
View attachment 858679

Seen on the way to Pueblo. What does it make you think of?
View attachment 858676

Just a quick update today. Made it to Sioux City. Nice drive through Nebraska today. Tomorrow is up to Grand Forks and Bemidji before heading to the Minneapolis area to see family.

• In the end, I didn't need to stop in Grand Island to top up as I would have had plenty of range from the 99% charge in Kearney to get to Sioux City, but there isn't much along that route, so I'm glad I took the extra time to ensure I had a significant margin.
  • I'll get back to the graphics at some point.
  • We are still trying to figure out what happened to our Tableau file. It appears it is something more than just my laptop.
  • The car sure rolls nicely on new rubber

Check-ins for 2022-10-01
- North Platte, NE (#1004)
- Kearney, NE (#1005)
- Sioux City - Southern Hills Dr, IA (#1006)

Today's routeView attachment 859073

Sunrise in Denver
View attachment 859072

Golden Hour in NE Nebraska
View attachment 859071

Sunset in Sioux City
View attachment 859070

Made it to my destination north of Minneapolis. Busy arranging meetups for the next two days. Maddening that the Maple Grove supercharger is not yet active. That is the closest to where I'm staying. I won't have access to the NEMA 14-50 I installed at my dad's house as the house is being used by others at the moment. So, I'm back in a charging desert and will need to go down to the Robbinsdale supercharger when I need juice. There are a couple of L2s around town, but not where I plan to spend a bunch of time.

Just a nice 745 mile drive today up to Grand Forks, then over to Bemidji, and down to dad's, finally clearing those pesky superchargers that I've had so much difficulty getting to. The direct route would have only been 282 miles! We are all nuts.

Check-ins for 2022-10-02
- Watertown, SD (#1007)
- Grand Forks, ND (#1008)
- Bemidji, MN (#1009)

View attachment 859435

667 miles today. Tomorrow will be Michigan after clearing the Chicago area.

Check-ins for 2022-10-04
- Monticello, MN (#1010) (First to check-in)

Check-ins for 2022-10-05
- Bloomington, MN (#1011)
- Marinette, WI (#1012)
- Sturgeon Bay, WI (#1013)
- Glendale, WI (#1014)
- Janesville, WI (#1015)

View attachment 860474

516 miles today. The broader Chicago area was a slog and ate up much more time than I expected. For tomorrow and Saturday, I was planning to cut across Ontario and catch the fall colors in upper New York and then head south towards home. However, when I got to Holland, MI, there were some really dark clouds coming off the lake and it began to rain hard within minutes of my arrival. I raced out of there to stay ahead of the front. When I got to Portage, I pulled up the NAM weather model to see what was in store. Cold was in store for Ontario and New York, so I decided to change plans and head south.

I will clear Indiana tomorrow (and possibly some of the Kentucky superchargers) before heading East. It'll still be cool, but not as cold. Since I have no warm-weather gear with me, I think I'll be more comfortable with this route.

@SilverMonk and I were planning to get together near Detroit. When I made this last-minute decision to head South, I thought we'd missed that opportunity, but he was down for driving over to Fort Wayne from near Toledo. We had dinner and chatted for a couple of hours. Great time. Thanks for making the trip SilverMonk!

Check-ins for 2022-10-06
- Rochelle, IL (#1016)
- Algonquin, IL (#1017)
- South Barrington, IL (#1018)
- Oswego, IL (#1019)
- Burr Ridge, IL (#1020)
- Benton Harbor, MI (#1021)
- Holland, MI (#1022)
- Portage - Westnedge Ave, MI (#1023)

View attachment 860946

View attachment 860945

678 miles today. An interesting factoid that I completely bypassed Ohio. I also found that the in-car pin for the Sutton, WV supercharger is in the wrong location. I reported it multiple ways. Will be interesting to see how long it takes Tesla to fix it. Did a 98% charge in Sutton since I'm heading straight across the mountains tomorrow and I'll have a cold-soaked battery. Not much between Weston and Harrisburg, so I want to have plenty of juice.

Check-ins for 2022-10-07
- Fort Wayne - Illinois Rd, IN (#1024)
- Indianapolis - E Southport Rd, IN (#1025)
- Shelbyville, IN (#1026)
- Louisville - Preston Hwy, KY (#1027)
- Elizabethtown, KY (#1028)
- Sutton, WV (#1029) (First to check-in)

View attachment 861311

Last edited:
Decided to grab the remaining superchargers in my hometown this morning, including a first it seems. Gave everyone a couple of weeks to come up here but it seems no one did :)

#42 Boulevard de l'Ormière, QC
#43 Cap-Rouge, QC (1st)
Oh I've been to Cap-Rouge alright... twice!!

(But it wasn't powered on yet)

I did a terrible job of posting details of my last trip, and I lost a lot of my pictures when I lost my phone on Katahdin, but the rough details were:

Sept 1 - Oct 1
~18,000 miles
~320 Wh/mi
~69 new superchargers visited
39 states and 4 provinces visited
3 state high points summited (AZ, NM, and ME) for a total of 39

@Sasmania was right about Humphreys Peak being a beast! It was a sunrise to sunset affair for this out of shape, middle-aged hiker, but I made it! It was tougher than Wheeler Peak in NM, but not as tough as Mount Katahdin (or Mount Marcy in NY which I climbed in July for that matter).

I'm planning on going to see the Falcon Heavy launch on the 28th. I'll keep this place in mind if we hit Rockledge.
Yeah, that was worth flying across half the country for. Someone I was showing this picture to noticed that the center core was running at reduced thrust. I didn't notice that the flame was shorter when watching the launch.
1665433145362.png