Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe,

This what you are up against. If there were 50,000 suspension problems out there, you would hear: "the majority of the cars are fine"

You've got your climate deniers and your Tesla problem deniers, you just aren't going to change some folks minds.

Good for you: for "My Tesla WILL be inspected by Tesla.. and ANY issues I expect to be informed of.. and repaired as necessary to protect myself and my passengers.. and everyone else on the road as well....

Thanks.... I like the car.. it isn't perfect and neither am I! But I won't budge one inch on the Tesla "promise of safety"

Reactions: X Yes?
Unfortunately, the original draft "Goodwill Agreement" the OP posted stated "You agree to keep confidential our provision of the Goodwill, the terms of this agreement and the incidents or claims leading or related to our provision of the Goodwill." Assuming he eventually ended up signing such a Goodwill Agreement, he is not allowed to clarify anything for the Tesla Owners community. If you're not ok with that, you should probably ask Tesla to publicly rescind all language in existing Goodwill Agreements that limits sharing of information related to experiences with our vehicles.

It doesn't sound right to me.... it is a 'hush' agreement coerced under duress... ie... " sign this or we don't help you out on these astronomical repair costs that we control"

better to pay out of pocket just so you can retain "freedom of speech"

And he states he DID have his vehicle checked as required BY a TESLA employee.. EVEN if it was done at a SEARS.. THAT employee is trained and certified by TESLA to do the job...regardless of location...

• Funny
Reactions: Vitold and X Yes?
It's worth reading two new blog entries at DailyKanban:

The Salt Is Real - DailyKanban

Declarations Under Penalty Of Perjury Re Tesla Motors - DailyKanban

On the other hand, Tesla seems to have updated their blog post hush-hush on Friday or over the weekend without noting corrections. These were the factual errors (collected in five quoted tweets in the link):

Exclusive: Automotive Blogger Attacked By Tesla Over Investigation Has 'More to Come' - Breitbart

Other public companies or newspaper websites etc. would point out such changes to the original version and/or acknowledge errors in official communication.

Tesla on the other hand still lists June 9 as the blog post date.

As for the investigation itself it appears not to be closed already:

Tesla said flatly: “There is no safety defect with the suspensions in either the Model S or Model X.” Well then. Case closed. Let’s move on to finding out when Musk will launch a rocket to Mars.

Except that NHTSA’s statement said it “is examining” — present tense — reports of suspension failure and “is seeking” — again, present tense — “information from vehicle owners and the company.”

Musk, in defense of Tesla, channels his inner Trump

Finally, the owner of the vehicle also disputes Tesla's blog assumptions:

The company said he lived on a long dirt road and noted that his car was “caked with mud” when it was picked up — information that Mr. Cordaro called “a fabrication.”

“I wasn’t out four-wheeling in the car,” he said. “I live on an asphalt road and have maybe driven on dirt roads 10 times.”

A Tesla spokeswoman said the company was looking into the matter.

For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

Will Tesla update their blog post once more without noting changes?

And how about Tesla fact-checking before making all sorts of assumptions in public communications?

Last edited:
I noticed this video showing the problem:

I"m still puzzle how this worn out part has not been detected:
- while driving (noise, stability effect when steering or when using the brakes) and also
- during any services revision (Is there any mechanics report available?).

The noise this would have made would have been easily noticed at every acceleration when the front of the car rose up ever so slightly and then came back down.

Reactions: Krugerrand and TMSE
@EinSV,
I don't want to engage in this sort of OT mud-slinging, but you forced me to. <snip>

You said "He stubbornly refuses to disclose his short position outside of SeekingAlpha". That's a very false accusation. Please link to my statement where I said that.

<snip> .

I re-read my post and stand by it.

You do not cite a single statement that is inaccurate, and instead deliberately misquote me in the excerpt above. What I actually said was "He stubbornly refuses to disclose his short position outside of SeekingAlpha and the investor forums .... To highlight the point, I also cited in my previous post to one of the TMC investment threads where you disclosed your short position: "On one of the TMC investment threads, he recently boasted that he would make a 100 percent return on his short selling bet (minus 5 percent interest) within five years, implying Tesla would be going bankrupt in that time. Here is a link to that post: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016"

My point is when you are trashing Tesla in the Model 3, Model X and Model S TMC forums like this one, you do not reveal your short position, even though you have been encouraged on the TMC investor forums to do so in the interest of full disclosure, and even when forum members ask you if you are short TSLA.

The intent is what @omarsultan explained in the quote below. It is also to dupe casual visitors to the forum or members who do not frequent the investor threads and may not understand that you are just here to spread Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD).

"Not feeding the trolls" is missing the point. This site has a few thousand users. Threads like this are not about reaching or influencing the regulars at this site, but about legitimizing a narrative that is otherwise pure fabrication so you then link to it from an external source. For the unsuspecting that follow a link here, it all seems like a legit conversation. The goal is really to get a story picked up by a tier 1 news organization with the hope that folks won't click through the links, and even if someone does, who is going to wade through 1000+ posts to figure out what is going on (this is actually one of those times I miss reputation points for exactly this reason).

This thread went off the tracks on page 2 when Keef Leech aka Keef Wivaneff appeared and started repeating the claims from his fake 37 NHTSA reports. Once he was banned (twice) the "short squad" took over.

That is unfortunate. One of the many great things about TMC is that it allows owners to bring out potential quality and safety issues so they can be explored and hopefully fixed. It is unfortunate that whenever a quality or safety issue is raised the forces that have a financial interest in damaging Tesla -- such as yourself -- turn it into a circus instead of a productive discussion.

I do wish the Mods would step up. There are plenty of outlets for the short sellers and Tesla bashers to express their opinions, and they are not shy about using them. It would be nice to have a forum where owners, potential owners and enthusiasts can have a more constructive discussion about Tesla, including where it can do better.

Last edited:
As my wife the lawyer likes to say, everything in any contract is there for a reason, because of something that went wrong somewhere else. In this case it's quite well known to lawyers. If someone has a problem with something you provided, and you help them out, unless you have stuff in the contract to protect you, you have effectively admitted liability.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Vitold
I reached out the SEC. There have been formal complaints, registered through their online portal. Anyone who realized a loss should also file a report. They suggested I file a report despite the fact that I was unaffected, and did so. They would like more filings, and quite honestly would like more data itself. Sadly, I only have what I've distilled from this thread and news reports.

Reactions: CTShore and TMSE
upload_2016-6-13_9-53-32.png

I reached out the SEC. There have been formal complaints, registered through their online portal. Anyone who realized a loss should also file a report. They suggested I file a report despite the fact that I was unaffected, and did so. They would like more filings, and quite honestly would like more data itself. Sadly, I only have what I've distilled from this thread and news reports.

For anyone doing this, and considering associations:

Mark B. Spiegel of Stanphyl Capital Management, actively promotes his short position on various forums/articles, as well as promoting the fraudulent claims by Keef. He also has at least some level of communication (twitter follower, retweets) with the DailyKaban, and it's owners. Not making accusations, but those are the facts.

Since it appears that the DailyKaban reached out to the OP, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that they had also reached out to Keef. Another connection.

I'm not sure if this information is relevant, but perhaps people that know more about these things can comment, or find it useful.

Last edited:
The two main instigators should be taken care of. I've sent over 200 posts to snippiness (sorry if you had something relevant that caught in the onslaught, but I just couldn't waste even more time parcing things). Can we maybe try to get the thread back to something relevant...back off on the OP a bit, give time for things to sort out here. Sorry it took so long to get to everything, had a few things that matter that took my time for the past weekend and this took a back seat.

Seems as if a bunch of posts that are not at all "Snippy" are being moved to the "Snippiness" thread. What's going on?
As above, I used a chain saw, not a scalpel...some people had relevant stuff mixed in with off topic or snippy stuff in the same post. If it looked like it might be one of those things, even in part, it went away. If you posted something that you think the world just can't live without having back in this thread because it changes everything, let me know, give me a link to the exact post and if I agree I'll move it back. But what I won't do is move part of a post back or edit and if you took a swipe at someone and then said something semi-relevant, it stays gone. Not enough time. Also, if it's that important, just repost it yourself.

The two main instigators should be taken care of. I've sent over 200 posts to snippiness (sorry if you had something relevant that caught in the onslaught, but I just couldn't waste even more time parcing things). Can we maybe try to get the thread back to something relevant...back off on the OP a bit, give time for things to sort out here. Sorry it took so long to get to everything, had a few things that matter that took my time for the past weekend and this took a back seat.
Makes sense.

In the comment section to another site, one of the two people responsible for this debacle (I don't include the OP), posted a threat of violence towards another, and posted his address as 'imaginary' in Australian vernacular. I had pasted it all here as evidence, which I think is important to do when his words were picked up by all the news media and caused a big stock movement and doubt in the company. Further proof of who exactly is causing this. Unfortunately that post is not here for whatever reason so you'll have to search for the info yourself.

Yggdrasill, I'd like your posting. I think that an other noticeable effect would have been when using the breaks, to have the car steering on one side instead of remaining straight.
Not only that but for someone with 140 car fleet would probably have a full time mechanic or a go to person as soon as something unusual was happening before taking it to Tesla.

Reactions: lklundin
Status
Not open for further replies.