Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You assume wrong. You have to prove the lie before calling someone a liar.

The amount of disrespect coming from you is beyond belief.

I already did...perhaps read the rest of the thread? I'll help:

Mr. Cordado wrote:
I just heard back from NHTSA on my worn or failed ball joints. They said that the were of poor quality and failed prematurely.

Mr. Price NHTSA investigator wrote:
Yes, the joints were not good and we are looking for more examples to test.. We are in contact with Tesla requesting more information on these parts and others in the suspension. I will keep you updated …

AND

Pete, I got this note today. We are looking at this issue but have not made any determination on defect , quality, or premature failure. We do not know the reason for your part failures yet so please keep the information confidential.

@techmaven up above, summarized my feelings on the matter. I could have approached the subject less antagonistically, sure, but I've had to deal with this same line of "reasoning" on other forums for some time. I've explained to Mr. Cordaro that the resources he's using to promote his concerns aren't reputable, and then he began to spread FUD of his own.

I don't have much patience left for this nonsense.

Last edited:
I just received this email from Mr. Price. I will not comment on this subject again until the NHTSA finding become final.
Pete, I got this note today. We are looking at this issue but have not made any determination on defect , quality, or premature failure. We do not know the reason for your part failures yet so please keep the information confidential.

So much for keeping things confidential. :rolleyes:

This just makes me angry, Mr. Cordaro. It's one thing to have a problem with the vehicle and complain about it. It's another to be a patsy for a well known troll that is pushing an obvious agenda. He has been doing so for years on various forums including stuffing the NHTSA website with falsehoods for years. His lies even came up during the fight for an additional Tesla dealership location in Virginia, as the Virginia Automobile Dealers Association lawyers tried to use some of them as part of their strategy to disparage Tesla. Of course, VADA's entire line of circular reasoning is idiotic, but nevertheless, the continual lies are disturbing especially when they are promoted by people that should know better.

I don't doubt your vehicle had a problem. It is not clear that it is Tesla's issue, or a widespread issue with all Tesla Model S vehicles. You never mentioned if you have had your car serviced appropriately. At this point, I don't believe anything you say, as Mr. Price's letter clearly did not say anything about the quality of the ball joint. You chose to read more into his words than were there and you continue to choose to promote falsehoods like Mr. Wivaneff's usage of crashed vehicles as a sign of quality problems. You willingness to promote falsehoods definitely makes me angry, especially when Mr. Wivaneff's so called evidence so clearly does not support his erroneous assertions.

Believe what you want, time will tell. NHTSA will make a determination on this issue that will become public information.

Believe what you want, time will tell. NHTSA will make a determination on this issue that will become public information.

YES! And this is why he specifically asked you to keep the information confidential until they determined if there is an actual issue, so that fact that they are doing their jobs and responding to the complaint you filed does not get manipulated into kicking off a news cycle, which is exactly what happened.

Congratulations - you just made someone a bunch of money.

Yes he is lying. It's not that his ball joint got corroded. It's everything else after that, including bringing in Keef Wivaneff's lunacy. It's about lying about what the NHTSA investigator told him.

It is interesting that this thread started on April 28th. Same day the OP reported this issue to NHTSA. But the story that unfolds is that there were several days of conversations with OP and Tesla, check his updates several days after 28th.

The tone of his writings on 28th and few days later were in sharp contrast to someone reporting to NHTSA. I am not sure what to make of it.

I have owned my Model S since May of 2013 and truly love the car. With that said, I must tell everyone about a recent problem I experienced this past Sunday while driving on a back road at a very low rate of speed, about 5 MPH. The road was rough so my air ride was at it max lift. As I was proceeding down a steep hill I heard a snap and felt my steering wheel pull to the left. I stopped the car for further inspection only to discover that my left front hub assembly separated from the upper control arm. Needless to say the car was inoperable due to a loss of steering. Thank goodness I was not traveling at a high rate of speed. This could of been a tragic accident causing injury or even death.
I contacted Tesla and they towed the car to a service center. They just informed that this is not covered under warranty, stating that the cause was due to normal wear and tear. I have owned many cars in my life and have never experienced such a failure. My car has been driven 73000 miles.

Has anyone experienced this failure on their car?
:(
I have 5 Teslas.....4 are model s and I have never had this problem. All of my cars have over 75,000 miles on them as I use them for a limo business.

YES! And this is why he specifically asked you to keep the information confidential until they determined if there is an actual issue, so that fact that they are doing their jobs and responding to the complaint you filed does not get manipulated into kicking off a news cycle, which is exactly what happened.

Congratulations - you just made someone a bunch of money.

Yeah, it's like there were people posting in this thread that would have benefited from all of this...

There is an extra burden of proof when it comes to Tesla for anyone claiming faulty or prematurely wearing parts or anything else that would make the car appear unsafe. The reason for this is very much a boy who cried wolf problem. Tesla has been the target of far more than it's fair share of FUD and false accusations coming from various sources who are opposed to Tesla's mission and/or business practices. This makes it much harder to see any real signal through all the surplus noise. Point being, if you think you have uncovered a real problem, you will need to keep a thick skin and provide a very solid foundation of research and information to prove your claim.

That is unfortunate for anyone who thinks they have uncovered a real problem, and potentially unfortunate for customers/owners as well really. You can thank all the FUDers for that.

Interesting to see how this progresses.

Biased source for sure, but I don't like the purported non-disclosure wording that Tesla legal supposedly put in there for this guy's repairs. If this goes to a full recall, that guy should be able to get the 50% back he paid for the repair, as federal law requires manufacturers to do that out of their pocket, regardless of if there is any warranty left on the car or not.

I was angered enough by the treatment of Pete Cordaro to actually register. Usually I just peruse this site as I am considering an EV and wanted to learn more about Tesla.

But seeing how some of you are lynching this guy, it really disgusts me. He is not pro- or anti-Tesla. He just wants his car fixed and to make Teslas safer if there is a problem.

You stock traders worship the almighty dollar. Driver safety is what matters, and Tesla's behavior seems to suggest it wants to sweep problems under the rug or downplay issues with a TSB. Disgusting.

I was angered enough by the treatment of Pete Cordaro to actually register. Usually I just peruse this site as I am considering an EV and wanted to learn more about Tesla.

But seeing how some of you are lynching this guy, it really disgusts me. He is not pro- or anti-Tesla. He just wants his car fixed and to make Teslas safer if there is a problem.

You stock traders worship the almighty dollar. Driver safety is what matters, and Tesla's behavior seems to suggest it wants to sweep problems under the rug or downplay issues with a TSB. Disgusting.

I think you need to realize it goes both ways. The fact of the matter is this, it's being investigated and he should not be posting communications that are to be required confidential. In addition, the accusation of Good Will being a cover up is really unfounded. If you read the entire thread you also see how the tone shifts and it gets significantly worse after some kind of payment is due after out of warranty. We need to realize that this thread was used with malicious intent. It's VERY clear. That's the disgusting part.

Status
Not open for further replies.