Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SYD - BNE Supercharger Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't mind the bypasses on the SC Route as driving the Tesla is about the journey not getting to the destination as fast as possible

Yer I tend to agree but the only thing is ICE’ing in towns when parking is at a premium. Maybe in these town & village locations, councils can oblige with tow-away zones? Even tow-away signage would probably be sufficient deterrent...unless the signs get stolen :rolleyes:

Whatever the Big Banana DA was, it has been approved by council. No documents on the website at all. All we know is value $120,000 which is probably realistic for a 4-6 bay site.
I've sent off an email to Coffs Harbour council to ask.

Definitely sounds likely. I think you & LGGD have highly evolved SC detection skills. Can you please detect a few more? :)

• Funny
Reactions: LGGD
NOOOO... spoke too soon!

upload_2016-11-10_16-5-36.png

Note - that isn't to say that BB is not getting the SCs - it could be happening without a DA. Just that this DA isn't it!

Last edited:
There would need to be construction by now either at Big Banana or wherever else they are building at Coffs to make the end of year commitment.

Looking increasingly like they are only going to deliver 1/2 of the 2016 target with Port and Byron area built or under construction but no Brisbane or Coffs. (Heatherbrae was a 2015 commitment so they'll make that one but a year late).

Maybe a couple of Euroa style sleds in Coffs and Brisbane. Otherwise there are going to be a lot of holiday road trip plans needing review.

The lack of communication from Tesla on this is getting beyond a joke.

There would need to be construction by now either at Big Banana or wherever else they are building at Coffs to make the end of year commitment.

I think they cleverly said "by the end of 2016 you'll be able to get to Brisbane" which technically means they don't need a SC in Brisbane to comply. So it's only the Coffs location they have fallen short on.

Is there anyone on here local to Coffs? Because otherwise there could be a lag between construction starting and us actually noticing...

I think they cleverly said "by the end of 2016 you'll be able to get to Brisbane" which technically means they don't need a SC in Brisbane to comply. So it's only the Coffs location they have fallen short on.

The 2016 map has Brisbane and Coffs on it.

So it doesnt matter what anyone "cleverly said". They are going to miss their 2016 commitment by 50%.

Try doing Macadamia to Port in a 60 or 70 or even a 75 with the air conditioning on the way it'll be needed come December.

No excuses. This is looking like a massive failure by Tesla.

They better be installing a sled at Coffs within the next few weeks.