Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taycan Takedown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well said.
Well I have owned a Tesla Model S, a Porsche 911 Cabriolet, and currently a Model 3. I do like the idea of an electric Porsche (the one I owned was brand new and had some quality problems out of he gate, but Porsche took care of me) and I do think at least a few of the people that are willing to buy a P100D might be willing to switch to the Taycan instead. I think the truth for most of us ordinary drivers is that 0 to 60 time is what counts on the road as opposed to top end track times. But hey, competition is good for everyone including Tesla so the more electric cars that are out in the wild the better as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, but flip the coin and we are getting the old Henry Ford "any color you want as long as it is black" treatment. It would also be nice to personalize instead of having a cookie cutter car. :eek:

Just playing a little devil's advocate.:D
I'm very disappointed to see taycan only has one special color option which is red. I still remember they had all those yellow, orange, chalk and coral blue options for 718 and 911.

I'm very disappointed to see taycan only has one special color option which is red. I still remember they had all those yellow, orange, chalk and coral blue options for 718 and 911.
Does have a couple of nice blues but not like they have offered. On the flip side there are 2x as many color choses as Tesla (10) and 9 are standard with is unusual of Porsche. Of course the red is $3k but.....
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 6.55.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 6.55.14 PM.png

At least for now Taycan is the only choice if you want to never drive a sub-150k car so people know you are rich, and want to drive electric car so people know you are not only rich but also environment friendly. Despite from suffering shorter range.

It's worth 200K to some people to not be a plebian driving around in a Model S.

Agreed.
I will prognosticate Model S sales taking a further drive in the near future, for the above reason alone. :cool:

Of course the first news story I read quoted the maximum WLTP number...sigh. Anyway, the Turbo S starts to look pretty inefficient again. It does have some wide front and rear tires though (305 section width rear - and also 20mm wider in the front vs. the Turbo).

I can't wait to see what wider and gripper tires will do to the range of TM3P.
And yes, it needs more rubber on the road, badly.

Porsche optimized it product offering for performance, range comes second.
I'm cool with that.

afadeev said:
They will pass you on track, and you will talk their ear off about how much less you paid for yours.
Damning with faint praise. :rolleyes: Then this that turned out opposite the reality with the P3D/P100D both under 5000 lbs and the Taycan being over. Where's the retraction?

It's true, though. Nothing to retract.
Taycan can post a Nürburgring time, and none of the Tesla's can.
Not Model S (battery overheats, -> limp mode), nor Model 3 Performance (brakes overheat -> limp mode). Extra hundred pounds of weight on Taycan don't slow it down.

There is art and engineering in building cars that can survive track duty, unscathed. That engineering quality yields safer, and more fun to drive every day cars as well. That engineering ethos has worked well, and helped build the brand equity for Porsche, Mercedes, and BMW.

With some luck, Tesla will figure this out in the future as well, and we will all be the beneficiaries of their investment into better battery and brake cooling, at the expense of additional fart noises, Youtube streaming, and some other fluff. Better cooling engineering by Tesla may add more weight and cost, but I, for one, will gladly pay for it.

Lets hear it for TM3-Race sub-model!

For that price you can get a Roadster and add-on a Model 3 :D

We can get a Roadster?
Really? Where?
Rimarc dealer next door?
:D

Welp. So much for my next car being a Porsche. Guess you’ll all have to continue to deal with me complaining about all the things about Tesla that drive me crazy.

You do know that you only need one kidney to live, right?
:rolleyes:

a

Last edited:
Agreed.
I will prognosticate Model S sales taking a further drive in the near future, for the above reason alone. :cool:

I can't wait to see what wider and gripper tires will do to the range of TM3P.
And yes, it needs more rubber on the road, badly.

Porsche optimized it product offering for performance, range comes second.
I'm cool with that.

It's true, though. Nothing to retract.
Taycan can post a Nürburgring time, and none of the Tesla's can.
Not Model S (battery overheats, -> limp mode), nor Model 3 Performance (brakes overheat -> limp mode). Extra hundred pounds of weight on Taycan don't slow it down.

There is art and engineering in building cars that can survive track duty, unscathed. That engineering quality yields safer, and more fun to drive every day cars as well. That engineering ethos has worked well, and helped build the brand equity for Porsche, Mercedes, and BMW.

With some luck, Tesla will figure this out in the future as well, and we will all be the beneficiaries of their investment into better battery and brake cooling, at the expense of additional fart noises, Youtube streaming, and some other fluff. Better cooling engineering by Tesla may add more weight and cost, but I, for one, will gladly pay for it.

Lets hear it for TM3-Race sub-model!

We can get a Roadster?
Really? Where?
Rimarc dealer next door?
:D

You do know that you only need one kidney to live, right?
:rolleyes:

a
Model 3 on nurburgring using track mode:

None will admit Porsche envy in these forums.

I would envy the $200K disposable cash more than the car itself.

You can have a family of 4 with everyone in their own Model Y. And one of the Model Ys is far more useful than one Taycan.

Would a Tesla Roadster driver be envious of the Taycan?

Enough money for one is enough money for the other.

I would envy the $200K disposable cash more than the car itself.

You can have a family of 4 with everyone in their own Model Y. And one of the Model Ys is far more useful than one Taycan.

Would a Tesla Roadster driver be envious of the Taycan?

Enough money for one is enough money for the other.
You’re a perfect example of the market segment not targeted by Porsche.

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

But there’s a hidden segment of Tesla owners who secretly covet a Taycan. ;)