Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m beyond caring at this point… they put Brembos on the P3 so we could not brake aggressively? I got 68 FCWs during a 10 minute ride yesterday. One was audible. I opened a service ticket stating my FCW is malfunctioning. I’m realizing how much better I drive than FSD. Oh that’s right. FSD is better than most drivers. OK, give it to the lowest scores. I’m at 95, going 15 in 25 zones, and everyone behind me is pissed. Not worth it. Sooner or later Tesla will be sued for fraud, and misleading customers. It is what it is, which is laughable. How do I disenroll ? Disable remote data sharing ?

Don't forget the constant walking back of the rollout. Everyone gets it, then only 1000/day at 100, 99, 98 (implying a continuous daily flow), then only people with "perfect" scores and pause for a "while", then whatever it is we're doing now with this unforeseen delay.

Either there's no set plan or the plan is being masked by wildly exaggerated misstatements.
Plain and simple - it’s not ready and he knows it. So they created this artificial and unscientific safety score as a narrow gate to only let a few hundred in, and try to deflect criticism that it’s still not here after many “two more weeks or so” comments on FSD.

Plain and simple - it’s not ready and he knows it. So they created this artificial and unscientific safety score as a narrow gate to only let a few hundred in, and try to deflect criticism that it’s still not here after many “two more weeks or so” comments on FSD.
Yea, but all that seems real unnecessary. Could have just rolled with “end of next year” as they have been for almost 5 years now.

Predicted next Tweet from Elon, tomorrow night:

"So much interest in FSD Beta, and some great scores! Rolling out to first group of 100/100 owners tonight, then other 100/100 owners in the coming days."

A handful of button pressers on Twitter report getting the beta.

Everyone on Twitter: "Elon, how many 100 scores were there?" "When will the other 100s get it?" "How many did you end up rolling out to?"

Elon: <Silence>

Predicted next Tweet from Elon, tomorrow night:

"So much interest in FSD Beta, and some great scores! Rolling out to first group of 100/100 owners tonight, then other 100/100 owners in the coming days."

A handful of button pressers on Twitter report getting the beta.

Everyone on Twitter: "Elon, how many 100 scores were there?" "When will the other 100s get it?" "How many did you end up rolling out to?"

Elon: <Silence>

What we are told is that we have to be ready to take over and recover from what ever driving error the FSD makes.
We are also fully responsible for whatever happens as well. BUT the criteria for releasing this to us is to avoid hard braking and cornering among other criteria. The allowable limit is 0.2 % hard braking any more than that will get your safety score below 100.
The question I have is if you only turn this over to people who have no experience in handling a car at the limits of it's performance (to get those high "safety scores" ) and those skills have to be learned and practiced how do you think they will do when the FSD puts the car into a situation where those skills are needed ? And if they fail they are RESPONSIBLE !!
Here is another issue. Here in NY we have red light cameras. Speed limits in town are typically 25-30 mph. The duration of the yellow phase is 3 seconds. Allowing for a 3/4 second simple reaction time time leaves you 2.25 seconds to stop or over 0.6 g which is about twice the aggressive limit for a 30 mph speed limit and over 0.5 g for 25 mph 168+ % of the 0.3 g limit. So either risk a ticket and run the light to get a good driving score or stop and take the driving score hit. In my last trip from the suburbs into the center of Queens NYC a 100 mile round trip I scored a 99 in rush hour. I stopped for the multiple yellow lights I ran into. There is no penalty in your safe driving score to run a red light. I am a recognized automotive expert and I regularly testify in courts as such. I am well know for my expertise in braking and brake systems. 96 % of stops on average are at or below 0.3 g but 4 % on average are above that level. The limit in the scoring system is 0.2 % for the "perfect score"
Musk has said the scoring system leaves much to be desired. I completely concur.
BTW no FSD beta for me

The question I have is if you only turn this over to people who have no experience in handling a car at the limits of it's performance (to get those high "safety scores" ) and those skills have to be learned and practiced how do you think they will do when the FSD puts the car into a situation where those skills are needed ?
LOL. Have you used AP in the city ? Ever ?

... I mean for all we know they could have pushed it back a few days to just do extra testing because the amount of 100 scores increased...
While anything is possible of course, I doubt the number of "100s" would be increasing substantially at this point over the next few days or weeks. If anything, the number would just as likely fall as people fall victim to random lapses in vigilance, uncontrollable circumstances, or simply give up trying.

If they do delay or slow the rollout, that would be fine as I can only believe slowing the rollout is due to a desire for abundance of caution.

People can debate what is fair, but as people have mentioned, I suspect the current safety score when taken over a large population will have the effect of biasing selection towards generally "safer" driving environments which makes sense. If true, then people should at least take comfort in knowing that this will likely result in a shorter time periods until subsequent batches are added.

While anything is possible of course, I doubt the number of "100s" would be increasing substantially at this point over the next few days or weeks. If anything, the number would just as likely fall as people fall victim to random lapses in vigilance, uncontrollable circumstances, or simply give up trying.

If they do delay or slow the rollout, that would be fine as I can only believe slowing the rollout is due to a desire for abundance of caution.

People can debate what is fair, but as people have mentioned, I suspect the current safety score when taken over a large population will have the effect of biasing selection towards generally "safer" driving environments which makes sense. If true, then people should at least take comfort in knowing that this will likely result in a shorter time periods until subsequent batches are added.
I don't think the number of people with 100 was the case for the delay whatsoever, I was just playing devils advocate

How about we all conspire to unsubscribe from FSD Beta? Can we leave Tesla in cold? With no free testers? With no testers who paid thousands only to be treated as minions?
Go ahead, I won’t though. We all knew what we were buying and delays at a technology company are normal. Especially when you’re the first company ever to create self driving cars that are releasing to thousands of real people. So maybe instead of acting like we’re entitled to something we should let the innovative company taking us to the future do their thing, and not lose sleep over delays.

I don't think the number of people with 100 was the case for the delay whatsoever, I was just playing devils advocate
Understood, I suspected that was likely the case from your post and should have just added a new post versus creating as a response to yours. My statement was more of a commentary in general as the idea has been mentioned here multiple times now.

Reactions: mwasylyk
....The allowable limit is 0.2 % hard braking any more than that will get your safety score below 100.....
I have twice that and a 100.

IMG_9328.jpeg