Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app version 4.0.0 has app re design for both car and energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been signed up for the California VPP beta since July. After upgrading to 4.0.1, we were asked to reconfirm our enrollment in the program, which has since been rebranded "Tesla & PG&E Virtual Power Plant Beta." There is new info in the app regarding the program and an updated support page. The biggest update is that we will receive $1 for every additional kWh we provide during an "event."

IMG_1519.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
We've been signed up for the California VPP beta since July. After upgrading to 4.0.1, we were asked to reconfirm our enrollment in the program, which has since been rebranded "Tesla & PG&E Virtual Power Plant Beta." There is new info in the app regarding the program and an updated support page. The biggest update is that we will receive $1 for every additional kWh we provide during an "event."

View attachment 702941
Mine does not have that verbiage. I still have the prior no compensation Tesla VPP (beta) showing in my app. I also don't have any PG&E rate plans shown and I have a "Edit Custom Rate Plan" button.

PW Settings Page 2021V4.jpg

View attachment 702941
Mine showed that for 2 minutes and then it changed back to a version without the $1 per kWh.

Mine does not have that verbiage. I still have the prior no compensation Tesla VPP (beta) showing in my app. I also don't have any PG&E rate plans shown and I have a "Edit Custom Rate Plan" button.

View attachment 703002

I’m pretty sure Tesla’s mega powerful AI cannot make heads or tails of PG&E’s EV2A plan so the app doesn’t offer the plan as a preset either.

At this point I sure do not see why I could want to upgrade to V4?
For energy products, I don't think there's any new functionality. If you like the old graphs and/or balanced mode, there's no reason to "upgrade" yet.

About the only new feature that we really like in the new app is if you have multiple vehicles that work with Phone as Key. Now you don't need to swipe to the specific vehicle in order to unlock it, drive it, etc.

For energy products, I don't think there's any new functionality. If you like the old graphs and/or balanced mode, there's no reason to "upgrade" yet.

About the only new feature that we really like in the new app is if you have multiple vehicles that work with Phone as Key. Now you don't need to swipe to the specific vehicle in order to unlock it, drive it, etc.
Thanks, yep, just batteries, no EV. And I do like the v3 graphs