Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like your chances. Unfortunately the staff don't have any more info than we do, all they can point at is the website.

And they're making stuff up about the choice of colour too. In the long run it makes no difference.
Just seems like such an odd thing to tell potential customers about the colours if it really makes no difference to the lead times or a customer deciding to purchase the car. Strange all round!

I don't like your chances. Unfortunately the staff don't have any more info than we do, all they can point at is the website.

And they're making stuff up about the choice of colour too. In the long run it makes no difference.

Do you know what VIN range your friend's MYRWD is in? The first 3 of the last 6 digits would be good to know.
He said he tried to look for hidden VIN but couldnt find. But the source code said VIN assigned is "true".

Yes. Tesla representative I think they are just making it up. They got no clue. I called today and she told me Tesla is build to order. I'm like WTF. Then she told me she only started one month ago so not very aware what is happening.

Just seems like such an odd thing to tell potential customers about the colours if it really makes no difference to the lead times or a customer deciding to purchase the car.
I'm sure they're genuinely trying to help, but whether a different colour will arrive earlier or later is a roll of the dice.

As I posted in the Model Y waiting room Tesla will build a bunch of cars, work out which port they're going to and then allocate them to customers.

Black or white interior and the wheel sizes will of course muddy this somewhat, but let's focus on the exteriour colours for simplicity.

They do have an idea of the relative popularity of each config, so for a batch of 500 cars they'll build eg 260 white, 110 grey, 80 blue, 30 black and 20 red,
and then they'll look for orders to match them with.

1683270056302.png

You could be order number 259 waiting for a white and get one, or you could be 21st in line for a red and miss out in this batch.

At the end of the day, order the colour you want and don't stress about what might have been, because you'll never know if another colour would have arrived sooner or even later.

Any pending trade-in or incomplete tasks (eg choosing cash or finance) will prevent the hidden VIN from showing up.

Tesla VIN Finder Chrome extension is the easiest way to search for a VIN. It also work on Android (with Kiwi Browser)
No trade in. He is doing novated leasing. Not sure he used the Chrome extension. He sort out not bother with it. He said get it when he get a text from Tesla. HAHAHA

No trade in. He is doing novated leasing. Not sure he used the Chrome extension. He sort out not bother with it. He said get it when he get a text from Tesla. HAHAHA
As [Zombie] says, I couldn't see my VIN until I had completed all the pre-delivery steps up to the point of choosing the payment method. Once it's parked at that step the VIN will likely show up as a hidden VIN or on the pre-filled rego papers once they have been generated and linked to the account. I had the VIN assigned text probably 4 weeks before but couldn't see it until I completed the pre-delivery tasks.

The order and delivery dates are completely unpredictable as [Zombie] explains. I ordered my Blue/White/Gemini MY in late March, had the VIN assigned text in 4 days and now it's on World Spirit, they probably had one matching the specs sitting on the dock in Singapore (or on its way to Singapore) waiting for an order to be allocated to. If I had have ordered Blue/Black/Gemini it could have been a completely different EDD.

Wonder if they’ll get offloaded tonight.
Wouldn't be surprised if it starts tonight to make sure the ship gets turned around and back out to sea on this delayed schedule to avoid any further hold ups. Curious to know how many of the cars are destined for WA vs continuing on to another destination, next port says Thailand on the Fremantle Ports website so maybe she's only got cars for us and isn't sailing onwards for more stops.

Wouldn't be surprised if it starts tonight to make sure the ship gets turned around and back out to sea on this delayed schedule to avoid any further hold ups. Curious to know how many of the cars are destined for WA vs continuing on to another destination, next port says Thailand on the Fremantle Ports website so maybe she's only got cars for us and isn't sailing onwards for more stops.
I'm hoping so, however she's not scheduled to leave till 9th at 1:00 am.

Either way, hopefully off and on their way to Tesla tomorrow. Final wait begins.