Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I sold the old ICE today!
Press “F” for respect 🫡 I nearly did mine
25 Jan to 22 Feb
Yeah… my EDD was similar but got moved to 1 Feb-8 Mar a few days after the pause for delivery…

Knowing today is long weekend Sunday but I still refreshed the app like every 5- 10min🥹let’s hope we all be able to book delivery tomorrow

Last edited:
Some of you guys had mentioned you're doing novated leasing. In preparation I need to sort something out for my wife that manages what we charge at home which she doesn't need to think about too much.

I saw the app tessie which looks promising, any thoughts on the best way to claim back the cost of home charging?
I haven't seen how the user portal of my NL company looks like, assuming I can just submit KWh numbers periodically (going to do monthly). Using home automation - reading electricity consumption by CT clumps on each circuit at home so know my daily/monthly consumption.

Just received the text "Your Model Y has arrived in Australia". Always good to know they remembered to take it off the ship!

Getting close now. Just waiting on the NL company to get the finance company to send Tesla the $$$'s and then the booking text.

• Love
Reactions: Jules22
I haven't seen how the user portal of my NL company looks like, assuming I can just submit KWh numbers periodically (going to do monthly). Using home automation - reading electricity consumption by CT clumps on each circuit at home so know my daily/monthly consumption.
I thought there was an issue with claiming home charging through NL. Pretty sure the government wants tax invoices to allow claims under a NL. Hope it's not the case and good luck.

I don't think it's that easy. They'll want a seperate sub-meter for the charging circuit at a minimum. I've also heard some NL providers want it noted seperately on your electricity bill, however that works.

I am personally hoping to claim on the 4.2c per km method, but this is a "draft" guideline and not all NL providers are using it either.

Reactions: AlexPotter
Spoke to Tesla Perth this morning and it wasn't ideal news for all us waiting for a delivery from the first batch.

They did say that they have received the part and are working through it as fast as they can, but noted that it is slow progress - "there is no imminent delivery and my best guess would be a couple of weeks more of waiting but it depends on where your car is in the queue which we have no idea of"

Hopefully its just a lack of information and delivery messages start popping up soon, but he didn't sound at all confident.

Spoke to Tesla Perth this morning and it wasn't ideal news for all us waiting for a delivery from the first batch.

They did say that they have received the part and are working through it as fast as they can, but noted that it is slow progress - "there is no imminent delivery and my best guess would be a couple of weeks more of waiting but it depends on where your car is in the queue which we have no idea of"

Hopefully its just a lack of information and delivery messages start popping up soon, but he didn't sound at all confident.
Thanks for the update. Can't say I'm happy about my car sitting out in a field for weeks. Going to have to scrutinise every detail on pick up.

Not that I like the news, but thanks to inform. I need to control my excitement😁

My est delivery dates has been updated over the weekend from 25th February - to 28th February
I don't think it's that easy. They'll want a seperate sub-meter for the charging circuit at a minimum. I've also heard some NL providers want it noted seperately on your electricity bill, however that works.

I am personally hoping to claim on the 4.2c per km method, but this is a "draft" guideline and not all NL providers are using it either.
4.2c is above our standard 30c per KWh at home, right? not even talking about 18c overnight rate if variabiable tariff is working fine for you household.

Wonder why it's taking so much longer here if the East Coast has been able to restart deliveries already?

My est delivery dates has been updated over the weekend from 25th February - to 28th February

4.2c is above our standard 30c per KWh at home, right? not even talking about 18c overnight rate if variabiable tariff is working fine for you household.
It's 4.2c per kilometre not kWh, so it depends how efficient your car is and how efficiently you drive. So if you drive at an average of 140 Wh/km that works out to about 30c per kWh