Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress well yes. But what about pricing? At this stage not on California's Monday since it is about 5 pm there now. So, perhaps they are going to leave until after their Wednesday - our Thursday for regulatory reasons.... Waiting like this is really hell!!

Pricing is part of that progress. Once everything is ready, and it isn't just about numbers, then we will see something.

well the political leanings of future Tesla owners sure isn't a secret! :)
Not sure that I'd make that judgement. The current bunch are definitely worse than the previous lot, but the previous lot were hopeless. A pox on all their houses. Both major parties are owned by corporate donations, and are in the pocket of the mining, gambling and developers, both in state and federal parliaments.

We are seeing this becoming even more apparent thanks to ICAC in NSW, and some nice work by the SMH to expose the dodgy MP expenses claims. We need a Federal ICAC, but the Libs will run scared from it right now, and Labor won't support it either as there are just too many skeletons to find.

Just a thought though, if we abandoned state parliaments and instead raised the standard of local government, we'd probably be back in surplus considerably quicker. 598 members at $300k ea (a guestimate of loaded cost average since a backbencher is on $190k+ benefits) is $179M in MP salaries alone. Add support staff and office/travel allowances and we are talking more like $500M minimum- I'd guess that it would actually be over $1B....

Slightly off topic, but not entirely.

Leslie Williams creates history with parliamentary role | Port Macquarie News

Leslie williams is my local MP and just got a state role as Secretary for Renewable Energy.

As mentioned in the article she is meeting with the local climate change group next week, members of which I have a lot of contact with. I've been asked to raise some issues and ideas that they are planning to present to her as ideas to get her off on the right foot with the public in her new position. I don't know much about her as a politician but they can only try.

I'm planning to give them lists of government incentives on offer through UK, EU and USA (others?) as examples of what other leading economies are doing to promote EV's and the low cost environmental benefits they offer. Any supporting links/documents I could provide them to convince an MP would be appreciated...

Leslie williams is my local MP and just got a state role as Secretary for Renewable Energy.

As mentioned in the article she is meeting with the local climate change group next week, members of which I have a lot of contact with. I've been asked to raise some issues and ideas that they are planning to present to her as ideas to get her off on the right foot with the public in her new position. I don't know much about her as a politician but they can only try.

I'm planning to give them lists of government incentives on offer through UK, EU and USA (others?) as examples of what other leading economies are doing to promote EV's and the low cost environmental benefits they offer. Any supporting links/documents I could provide them to convince an MP would be appreciated...

Definitely give details about China. Our politicians should feel embarrassed when we are lagging behind our leading partner in trade.

Quote from Mrs Leslie Williams MP (NAT) Inaugural speech "Like many communities, particularly those across regional New South Wales, our idyllic lifestyle has been eroded and threatened—and it has nothing to do with climate change!" Link

I wish you good luck.

Quote from Mrs Leslie Williams MP (NAT) Inaugural speech "Like many communities, particularly those across regional New South Wales, our idyllic lifestyle has been eroded and threatened—and it has nothing to do with climate change!" Link

I wish you good luck.

I can only hope that she was referring to non environmental threats and is such not a climate denier. Not holding lots of hopes, but with her new title, she is the person to present the facts too.

I will try and collect some information on China's incentives as well.

The Model S is available for viewing in Sydney in extremely limited availability over the next few days. It is not available for test drive but the car is powered on. I am checking it out this afternoon. Appointment only.

I can only hope that she was referring to non environmental threats and is such not a climate denier. Not holding lots of hopes, but with her new title, she is the person to present the facts too.

I will try and collect some information on China's incentives as well.
If you read the next sentence in her speech, like any politician she blames all the problems on the previous Government!

The Model S is available for viewing in Sydney in extremely limited availability over the next few days. It is not available for test drive but the car is powered on. I am checking it out this afternoon. Appointment only.
Well that at least is some good news, hopefully you can also get some more concrete information as well and hopefully it'll make it to Melbourne soon