Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also wondering if this means AP2.0 vehicles with FSD will be able to get dashcam support, which would be awesome (although losing AM/FM radio sucks). Also, does this mean those of us who pre-paid for FSD are now required to pay another $2500 to actually be able to use FSD *someday*, or will they make FSD work with MCU1?
See list.... it says security!!

Infotainment Upgrade

9ojc4Fn.jpg

I'm thinking they will create a version of FSD for mcu1. One that doesn't display all of the visualisations

Nawww, MCU1 folks that don't want to pay the $2500 will fall to the bottom of the list. But there will be a list. Then after Tesla makes a few extra dollars on those of us that "just can't wait", they will offer the upgrade to MCU1's for $1000-$500 - three years from now.

Remember how 40 to 60 battery size went from $11,000 to $2,000 after 4-5 years?

I'm also wondering if this means AP2.0 vehicles with FSD will be able to get dashcam support, which would be awesome (although losing AM/FM radio sucks). Also, does this mean those of us who pre-paid for FSD are now required to pay another $2500 to actually be able to use FSD *someday*, or will they make FSD work with MCU1?
That's what it says. And all cameras.

How did we hear about this before it was shown on Electrek? Fred seems to know stuff like this the day before anyone else.
It should be. It was grandfathered in for life of the car if it was purchased before the deadline.

I think it should be. Remember there are some rare unicorn owners that got in during free supercharging, free data, mcu2. I think it was like a 4 month window