Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking out loud with one of those cartoon bubbles over my head.

Hmmm, Hmmm, If this upgrade puts MCU2 or MCU2+ in my '17 S, and gives me Dashcam and Sentry too with FSD, shucks I might have to back peddle on my plan to buy a new S this summer. Its like breathing fresh life into my 3 year old and improves its resale value by at least part of the $2500. I can push the buy of a new one to a 2022 or later. Hmmm

Hmmm, Hmmm, If this upgrade puts MCU2 or MCU2+ in my '17 S, and gives me Dashcam and Sentry too with FSD, shucks I might have to back peddle on my plan to buy a new S this summer. Its like breathing fresh life into my 3 year old and improves its resale value by at least part of the $2500. I can push the buy of a new one to a 2022 or later. Hmmm

Yea, I was thinking about it. This makes it less necessary. Range is a big issue with my 75D vs. a new LR+ but I love my spring suspension and Recaro Next Gen seats. The steering wheels on new cars I've tried really, really suck compared to the real leather I've got. There are some big downgrades that come with the upgrade.

I'm like you and prefer the fixed all glass roof to anything else, so sunroof isn't a concern.

Started a poll here: MCU1 S Owners: Logic FOR/AGAINST Tesla's $2,500 "Infotainment Upgrade"? (Not required for FSD)

See list.... it says security!!

Infotainment Upgrade

9ojc4Fn.jpg
It looks like this link was taken down? I can't see it when I click the link.

It looks like this post was taken down? I can't see it when I click the link.

Still works. Probably so busy as the word is spreading that it can't handle the traffic. Think of all those people sitting at home in their houses in China. They are thinking about getting back into the factory and start building these new MCU2+'s for us. They are just reading about it.

• Funny
Reactions: hpartsch