Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are people getting nice loaners from. The 2 times I've gotten a loaner it was a old S.

Every time I've gotten a loaner I couldn't WAIT to get my 2015 P85D+ back !!! Love its Ludicrous power, Plus Suspension, and Michelin PSS on Arachnid wheels combo. The only Tesla I drove that was in the same SMILES PER MILE category was a P100D (non-Raven). It had more power but the suspension was too "floaty" for me. Hoping for a killer deal on a new MS body in 2 years when our Tesla extended service plan expires... and FSD is actually working.

Last edited:
I think the OP was speculating that the Tegra supply would be exhausted.
I also believe that NHTSA is likely to rule against Tesla and order a recall.

I agree NHTSA will rule against Tesla which will mean free fixes for all. I’ll take the upgrade at a reduced price though, not retail, they have to pay for their mess. My screen has constant windows which don’t render, the updates are taking their toll. MCU1, 2019 62k miles

I agree NHTSA will rule against Tesla which will mean free fixes for all. I’ll take the upgrade at a reduced price though, not retail, they have to pay for their mess. My screen has constant windows which don’t render, the updates are taking their toll. MCU1, 2019 62k miles
They did not rule against Toyota and the bad MCU in the '04-'05 Prius. It was up to the customer to repair the cars and the fix from Toyota cost about $4000+