Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is testing new tail lights for the Model S refresh.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The appliqué-less hatch design has been in Tesla’s mind for a while. Here’s an S with a different hatch from May 2021. If this hatch is related to the new hatch, we can assume that the new lights will fit the old design, since they used the old lights in the newer hatch (obviously to not hurt demand due to a leak)

Also it’s possible that the new design will use a smaller appliqué to fit that new indented area, they just didn’t tape it on. Makes sense because that test car is using silver wheels, def not a production car
Man, the aero kit is going to be awesome but they're still not going as far as I'd want them to go. Not everyone likes a sleeper car and it already is one - if they're going to add something, they should go balls to the wall. I'd love a Plaid "RS"/"Black Series" model with the aggressive aero that those respective cars have, like a DTM racer. I'm talking:

- Huge fixed rear aerofoil
- More downforce fins/vents for brakes
- Wider stance/flares/tires
- Carbon fiber all the things

Just saw this render from Alwinart. Much needed, but I think he forgot to update the charge port design.
FGf518IX0AYtvbQ.jpeg

Spotted one out on public roads testing. Managed to snap some (shitty) pictures...
View attachment 744869View attachment 744870
Very nice. Almost certain we’ll see this before long. Looks much better. Is it a Plaid without a spoiler? I can’t read the badge because of your…ahem…self-described pictures.

Also, were the front lights the same (if you got to check that is…)?

Attachments

• 6C2E436A-7AD1-445D-B249-ABC74D287D34.jpeg
    6C2E436A-7AD1-445D-B249-ABC74D287D34.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 239