Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thinking on the now advertised September delivery date is that it could just be that over a month has gone by since Australian orders opened. So the September estimate is for if you order a Model 3 right now. Whereas a month ago it was August.

I could be wrong of course, but if in another month the delivery estimate changes to October, then I'd say this is what's happening.

I mean surely in August they won't have a delivery estimate of August on the configurator - that would just be misleading.

Reactions: baillies
My thinking on the now advertised September delivery date is that it could just be that over a month has gone by since Australian orders opened. So the September estimate is for if you order a Model 3 right now. Whereas a month ago it was August.

I could be wrong of course, but if in another month the delivery estimate changes to October, then I'd say this is what's happening.

I mean surely in August they won't have a delivery estimate of August on the configurator - that would just be misleading.

I spoke with a Tesla rep at the mothership today and he told me to expect calls starting around next week from the delivery team. I asked if this was going to be the case even if I had changed my order yesterday, and he confirmed that changing the order would affect it by a few days to a week... Wouldn't give any more details.

Reactions: Homer and Dave3333
Could just be flipped stock footage of a LHD model

You have to love flipping.

When looking at mats pedals etc online for our 'drive on the left' country I came across this gem for pedals at US $24.11 37% OFF|3pcs/Set Stainless Steel Pedal Rest+Accelerator+Brake Car Pedal Pads left hand models accessory For Tesla Model 3 2017 2018-in Pedals from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The person doing the add probably said "Hey boss, we only have a pic of the US foot-well, don't they drive on the other side in Aus?"

Boss - "Just flip the image on the horizontal as I taught you"

Add guy "are you sure everything is reversed?"

Boss "Yes, just hurry up and do it"

3pcs-Set-Stainless-Steel-Pedal-Rest-Accelerator-Brake-Car-Pedal-Pads.jpeg

Tesla make 700+ cars in a single day. A car can be made today, on a boat tomorrow, and in your hands in about 3 weeks time. Nothing misleading about a car advertised in july capable of an august delivery. They aren’t advertising august delivery in august unless you have a crystal ball as august isn’t here yet.

Last edited:
I spoke with a Tesla rep at the mothership today and he told me to expect calls starting around next week from the delivery team. I asked if this was going to be the case even if I had changed my order yesterday, and he confirmed that changing the order would affect it by a few days to a week... Wouldn't give any more details.
That suggests to me they are loading cars every few days onto container ships

Yeah but after a few months of tesla power you realise your license is more valuable than the fun, so you learn to control the urge.

I do agree and changed my 3 order a couple of times. I've gone back to standard as I'm bad enough now getting camera tickets. At least in NZ it doesn't costs us points on our licence only money. I have ordered black which will only be a standard colour for August ship load. September ship load will be mostly white so reduces the number of black Model 3's on our roads.

I do agree and changed my 3 order a couple of times. I've gone back to standard as I'm bad enough now getting camera tickets. At least in NZ it doesn't costs us points on our licence only money. I have ordered black which will only be a standard colour for August ship load. September ship load will be mostly white so reduces the number of black Model 3's on our roads.
Its still going to do 0-60kmh faster than anything else you’ve driven that costs less than $1m.
In south australia if its a company car we can opt to pay more and not loose points, although the gov have worked out that they can now double that fine again.....so rapid acceleration beyond the speed limit is now not really an option.

Reactions: jontyh
Anyone got screenshots of the configuration for M3P+ in early June, anytime between it first being available and the first change which I think was the FSD pricing?

Ok, so no screenshots but I had a lightbulb moment and found a YouTuber going through the configurator the day it became available in Aus (Chris Vanderstock). I took screenshots from his video (so they're not as sharp) and then did some screenshots of the current configurator. So now I have a better record of what I ordered according to the web interface at the time.

Below is a composite image I put together to compare the original (May 31 2019) premium interior page and the current (17 July 2019) one.

Differences in the newer one:
1. The rear seats are heated but not 12-way power adjustable. Probably clarity not a spec change?
2. The term "Premium Connectivity" is introduced and along with it a specified time of inclusion = 1 year.
3. "Satellite maps with live traffic visualisation" now omits the additional "and navigation". Probably for clarity?
4. Additional item "More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular"
5. Removal of "Location aware automatic garage door opener"

Not in the image: The added white option costs more but has exactly the same text.

comparison.jpg

---

For reference Chris' video is at

Last edited:
Well done Martin!. Very well done. This is exactly as I remember it when I purchased.

It is totally clear "satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization", "in car streaming music and media" are features of the vehicle when purchasing and not some time limited thing. So is the inclusion of "location aware automatic garage door opener".'

For completeness could you please link the video in case we need to show our friends at the Tesla delivery centre?

Last edited:
Its still going to do 0-60kmh faster than anything else you’ve driven that costs less than $1m.
In south australia if its a company car we can opt to pay more and not loose points, although the gov have worked out that they can now double that fine again.....so rapid acceleration beyond the speed limit is now not really an option.

he is probably less tempted to drive fast though to reach his destination quicker. With a SR he really has to stick to the speed limit otherwise he gets range problems.