Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery!

Fabulous. Have patience.

SR+ does have fog lamps, but no floor mats. 10a and 15a tails for the mobile connector but you need a magnifying glass, or good eyes, to tell which is which!

DS said we're the 10th TM3 on the road in NZ. Additionally, and with a whole pile of salt: 60 cars on the first ship (cap), 100 on the second (yesterday, so brotonne?), and (somewhat implausibly) he claimed that there are more NZ orders than Aus!
Should clarify: the fog lights are there. Didn't check that they work.

Just took delivery!

Fabulous. Have patience.

SR+ does have fog lamps, but no floor mats. 10a and 15a tails for the mobile connector but you need a magnifying glass, or good eyes, to tell which is which!

DS said we're the 10th TM3 on the road in NZ. Additionally, and with a whole pile of salt: 60 cars on the first ship (cap), 100 on the second (yesterday, so brotonne?), and (somewhat implausibly) he claimed that there are more NZ orders than Aus!
Yikes - if those shipping numbers are correct (and stay consistent), then either:

1) It's going to take many, many weeks for all of us to get our cars delivered (if the rumour that there're 2,500 orders us true) - so many of us won't get a car in September, or
2) The actual number of orders is much lower, so that this method does guarantee enough cars to get most of us sorted by September 30.

Or maybe, there'll be a massive amount of them on an upcoming ship?

Or maybe, there're a lot of "maybes" in all this speculation.

Either way, I'm starting to get twitchy...

Got my P3- today. Love it.

- I even got dressed in a suit for the delivery photo :)
View attachment 446907

My Model 3 will be called "Shadowfax", and naturally, my driver profile will be named "Gandalf".

Told my Better Half that I therefore want to dress up as Gandalf when I take delivery...

.... Now have to choose between dressing up as Gandalf but collecting the car on my own or not dressing up and collecting with BH.

Yikes - if those shipping numbers are correct (and stay consistent), then either:

1) It's going to take many, many weeks for all of us to get our cars delivered (if the rumour that there're 2,500 orders us true) - so many of us won't get a car in September, or
2) The actual number of orders is much lower, so that this method does guarantee enough cars to get most of us sorted by September 30.

I assume those are NZ car numbers only.

Reactions: Dave3333
Just took delivery!

I agree - It's so hard to take the staff word on anything- Pass the salt please.

But the ships for Auckland were
1. Cap Capricorn Aug 12
2. Kota Ekspres. Aug 19
3. Brotonne Bridge Aug 26

The 160 does pretty much line up with the initial 150 we were hearing for NZ. The initial NZ vin ranges are all between 4435xx and 4437xx - (its about 200 we know of - but don't know vin gaps), and now one from 4992xx

Reactions: 1st in Line
My Model 3 will be called "Shadowfax", and naturally, my driver profile will be named "Gandalf".

Told my Better Half that I therefore want to dress up as Gandalf when I take delivery...

.... Now have to choose between dressing up as Gandalf but collecting the car on my own or not dressing up and collecting with BH.
I hope your car is going to be white in that case!

You didn't specify if you were going to keep it accurate and also go as Gandalf the White, or if you're going to rock the big hat as Gandalf the Grey...

I hope your car is going to be white in that case!

You didn't specify if you were going to keep it accurate and also go as Gandalf the White, or if you're going to rock the big hat as Gandalf the Grey...

Accurate I am[!], as I will be riding Shadowfax covered in Orc blood following the Battle on Pelennor Fields...

.... my son's driver profile name will be "Pippin" - except HE does not know that yet...

Accurate I am[!], as I will be riding Shadowfax covered in Orc blood following the Battle on Pelennor Fields...

.... my son's driver profile name will be "Pippin" - except HE does not know that yet...

This is what happens when you make a man wait for over 3.5 years for a Tesla. It's OK 1st in line, we will get you back on your meds again soon. :p

Maybe his comments were only for nz cars, given he’s in nz

Reactions: Dave3333