Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I quite like the idea of the cheaper performance without the 'performance pack (basically 'just the AWD with the full potential unlocked from the factory?? - someone here will alreday know!) and whilst I would have preferred the white interior I can live with the black.... so I have ordered the following:

Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

95k with NSW Business Rego.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Looking at the prices of available options and configurations if they did open up LR RWD, it should be priced in QLD just under $80k. As such it might just fit in my budget if the car arrives end of August or later (I am due a salary increase in August). Now if only someone with Twitter access could ask Elon if the off-menu configurations will be made available in Australia any time soon?(I don't have twitter account as mine was disabled because of inactivity and they don't allow reactivating it)

I am now really torn between putting the order in now and waiting to see if the options/configuration I want may become available shortly...
With currently available configurations I can only afford the Standard Range Plus. Looking at the current price I can not afford the Performance, however if my calculations are correct I could just fit the LR RWD in if it would be available. Also I really want the towing option. Since it is not available now, I wonder if it will become available later and/if it can be added after delivery?

Reactions: baillies
I called Tesla sales and asked about the availability of towing and off-menu configurations. They said that those options are currently not available and they have no more information than on their website, so they do not know about any future availability or lack of it. They apologized and said that the information that was made available on their website became available to them at the same time as to general public and that they were not provided any extra information.

As AussieElectric said, no off-menu configuration as per FAQ.

Attachments

• 1D3C7815-7465-4CE2-B7DC-64D929AE124A.jpeg
    1D3C7815-7465-4CE2-B7DC-64D929AE124A.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 56