Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are probably right. I don’t really need it yet as I am waiting for my car to be delivered still. I was buying the aero wheel caps and some accessories from the Tesla store and though I would grab the touch up paint while I was in there as I know I would be very dirty if I got a scratch on my brand new Model 3

I made that mistake too. Just a couple of accessories totalling 1.8kg total weight and the shipping forwarding company charged me $81 USD as the cheapest shipping! Learned my lesson!

Wish Tesla opened up their online shop outside of North America. Otherwise it is not worth having anything forwarded onto here at all.

F57C2F74-F323-413D-B706-E8A34C688E1C.jpeg 79E4C86A-E0F1-4A7B-905F-15C398FDFFC8.jpeg Victorian model 3 registration

David Cao on Twitter

Last edited:
4 are white, 2 are red. 5 are dual motor (likely performance, but cannot confirm). 1 is single motor (bar082 red) so likely an sr+

The sr+ Is the earliest vin 409664. The 5 others, including the 3 NZ ones spotted in Auckland are in the range 409670 - 409683 - numbers are from the first rhd vin batch range created in May

Does anyone know anything about the Sydney vehicles - spotted rego number, vin or some pictures?

Reactions: BarnabySydney
Summary

1. 14 Model 3s have been confirmed spotted in Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand (9 vins confirmed). All performance except 1, maybe 2. Likely Press/Demo Vehicles. They left US either June 16 or June 22
2. 4 container ships are on their way from Oakland to Sydney. Unknown if any are carrying Model 3s. No RoRo ships are on their way currently.
3. Vins are being assigned in country, rather than at factory build
4. A new vin assignment system, and website change - getting ready for delivery information is yet to roll out locally.
5. Delivery dates quoted from Tesla staff range from August to September

I’m wondering what accessories will be available for order on delivery with the cars. I have a few simple things like screen protectors and door switch stickers etc, but I was hoping to be able to buy J 1772 adaptors straight from Tesla Australia

Like us all, I have no idea! I currently have a couple of genuine Tesla 18" wheel hub kits and the paint repair sitting in Oregon waiting for one of my family to fly back to Sydney.

But... if you are looking for charging options then just join the Tesla owners club of Australia if you have not done so already. It is not expensive and you then can borrow cables or get 10% off and free shipping from EVchargers.com.au should you wish to buy them.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Like us all, I have no idea! I currently have a couple of genuine Tesla 18" wheel hub kits and the paint repair sitting in Oregon waiting for one of my family to fly back to Sydney.

But... if you are looking for charging options then just join the Tesla owners club of Australia if you have not done so already. It is not expensive and you then can borrow cables or get 10% off and free shipping from EVchargers.com.au should you wish to buy them.
Thanks @jgdc I’ll do that.

If you play around with the html you can get to the payment page with LR with white interior. Didn't try for SR+. Probably a good chance they'd cancel or never deliver it though!
That’s very interesting... and would be very tempting to go through with the transaction and see what happens! How did you “play around with the HTML”? Did you copy the source of the ordering page and add in White Interior option for LR and go from there?

How much did it charge for white interior on LR?

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp
Hey Veda

You would not happen to know if this would allow the use of Atari 2600 type USB controllers?

One way to look at the Model 3 is as simply being a very expensive game console...

I know pretty much anything that uses xinput will work. There is a youtube video of an original 2600 joystick with an xinput adapter working. Logitech710, ps4 (except gen 1), xbox360, xbox one all work for sure, and numerous gamepads. It is going to be fun working it out and seeing if any wireless adapters can be made to work.