Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A rep at the Tesla Showroom in Auckland this weekend was told that they are expecting a large shipment into Auckland for a late August or Early September arrival and that it was meant to be mid August but delayed in SFO for 10 days. If you are in the South Island they will deliver to your door, allow 10 days from when the ship unloads to when they are delivered in the South Island.

A rep at the Tesla Showroom in Auckland this weekend was told that they are expecting a large shipment into Auckland for a late August or Early September arrival and that it was meant to be mid August but delayed in SFO for 10 days. If you are in the South Island they will deliver to your door, allow 10 days from when the ship unloads to when they are delivered in the South Island.

That I think would be perfect for us

Hi
Just tried logging into Tesla app and it bombed out with a getting onboard data.
Maybe they are updating the DB.

Attachments

• D8D26158-32C6-456E-819E-EAF40EE6A26F.png
    D8D26158-32C6-456E-819E-EAF40EE6A26F.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 53
...On Friday I got a message in the afternoon, "Your Model 3 is almost here.....more details soon" and I am hoping I got in early enough to be in the current shipment for late August delivery. What do you think my chances are?

I think your chances are pretty much zero. I think the sms went out to reduce call volumes of obsessed compulsive people continually ringing up for updates.... "the dog ate my order can you confirm the delivery date?....Will Grandma die from the acceleration?, how many skin cancers will the roof give me? Will Elon blast my Tesla into outa space if I complain ? etc etc..."
Just stay cool and let them do their job. As others have said it will most likely be like the UK and be higher margin P & P- arriving first. Set your expectations for Sept /Oct and you might be pleasantly surprised but not disappointed :)

Yes, just as a plan b in case the wall connector fails. Good idea on changeover switch. Will run it past my electrician. By the way (have not received a quote) but the verbal estimate is 1000 NZD for the install.
In QLD, if you want to use Controlled Load for charging, you are not allowed to have a changeover switch. At least that is how I understand those rules:
from Energex-Annual-Pricing-Proposal-2019-20.pdf page 71
NTC7300 will not be available, and may be removed from any premises, where: (i) The customer has the ability to supply the appliance or asset via another means (changeover switch to a primary tariff) to supply such appliance or asset in the periods during which supply is not available under this tariff;

From this I get that if I wire the main home charger permanently to the Controlled load but have just standard 15A socket from main power put next to it I am fine, as I would not change over but would use a different portable charger from the other socket if I need to :)

In QLD, if you want to use Controlled Load for charging, you are not allowed to have a changeover switch. At least that is how I understand those rules:
Interesting. Certainly not the case in SA, I have read a fair bit of SA Power documentation, but sounds like a problem in QLD.
Or you buy a second wall connector off someone who doesn't use theirs and install on the other tarrif :)

from Energex-Annual-Pricing-Proposal-2019-20.pdf page 71
NTC7300 will not be available, and may be removed from any premises, where: (i) The customer has the ability to supply the appliance or asset via another means (changeover switch to a primary tariff) to supply such appliance or asset in the periods during which supply is not available under this tariff;

From this I get that if I wire the main home charger permanently to the Controlled load but have just standard 15A socket from main power put next to it I am fine, as I would not change over but would use a different portable charger from the other socket if I need to :)
Energex Tariff 33 should be on for about 18 hours a day. You'd be unlikely to be inconvenienced in any real way.

I just got an email from Tesla:

Thank you for your email.

We’re currently moving over the a new system that will handle the final checkout process.

The system isn’t quite ready for launch yet but should be in the next week and once we do we will be able to begin the next steps and to confirm more details and you’ll be able to see your final invoice and a more accurate delivery estimate.

Once this system is up and running we will also be able to reach out with more delivery information.​

I think your chances are pretty much zero. I think the sms went out to reduce call volumes of obsessed compulsive people continually ringing up for updates.... "the dog ate my order can you confirm the delivery date?....Will Grandma die from the acceleration?, how many skin cancers will the roof give me? Will Elon blast my Tesla into outa space if I complain ? etc etc..."
Just stay cool and let them do their job. As others have said it will most likely be like the UK and be higher margin P & P- arriving first. Set your expectations for Sept /Oct and you might be pleasantly surprised but not disappointed :)

Ah yes, "The secret to a happy life is low expectations". Desperately trying to restrain 9 year old self :(

I just got an email from Tesla:

Thank you for your email.

We’re currently moving over the a new system that will handle the final checkout process.

The system isn’t quite ready for launch yet but should be in the next week and once we do we will be able to begin the next steps and to confirm more details and you’ll be able to see your final invoice and a more accurate delivery estimate.

Once this system is up and running we will also be able to reach out with more delivery information.​
I didn’t, was it something I said?