Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the exchange rates, I read this:
Tesla could raise prices in China due to lower yuan ahead of Chinese-made Model 3 rollout - Electrek
If that has any merit and they are actually looking at raising prices in China from September because of exchange rate movement, it would be only logical to assume that the same price change might come to Australia as our exchange rate has done similar dip.

I wouldn't be reading too much into that article. The CNH is pegged to the USD and is manipulated by the CCP for their own political purposes. Our currency has dipped mostly because of the strength of the USD. Trump is trying hard to get the Fed to lower rates and if they do (or talk as if they will) then our currency will rise (until we cut again). It is now more probable than not that we have bottomed (all things equal) but no one has a crystal ball.
The GF3 supposedly will be manufacturing for the Chinese market and not for export (for now at least) so if prices rise, what is the currency the purchasers will pay? USD or equivalent CNH or the CNY. It's all a bit opaque for me.

Thanks for asking. Real work got in the way.

Re Seoul - why it is an unlikely ship
1. NZ vins registered dates have been from July 7 batch (And 1 July 21). This isn’t the manufacture date but it seems unlikely to be transported and containerised for Seoul on July 8 load - not enough time
2. No confirmed sightings in Nz.
3. At The Farm it was said 1 batch here for deliveries August, one for September deliveries. Cap and Brotonne fit best with the other info we know re those.

Why it might have 3s
1. Tesla said vins assigned on ship arrival.
(But a hidden vin isn’t what they meant probably)
2. The containers could be anywhere if the containers were moved from the port rather than unloaded there.

I still think the vins reason make this not the ship. Not Seoul.

But as always, Tesla works in mysterious ways. Only Tesla knows for sure.

Seoul arrives in Sydney tonight.

Thanks for asking. Real work got in the way.

Re Seoul - why it is an unlikely ship
1. NZ vins registered dates have been from July 7 batch (And 1 July 21). This isn’t the manufacture date but it seems unlikely to be transported and containerised for Seoul on July 8 load - not enough time
2. No confirmed sightings in Nz.
3. At The Farm it was said 1 batch here for deliveries August, one for September deliveries. Cap and Brotonne fit best with the other info we know re those.

Why it might have 3s
1. Tesla said vins assigned on ship arrival.
(But a hidden vin isn’t what they meant probably)
2. The containers could be anywhere if the containers were moved from the port rather than unloaded there.

I still think the vins reason make this not the ship. Not Seoul.

But as always, Tesla works in mysterious ways. Only Tesla knows for sure.

Seoul arrives in Sydney tonight.

Are you sure about the departure time from LA for Seoul Express being July 8, as this:
SEOUL EXPRESS - Container Ship (IMO: 9193305, MMSI: 211331640) | MyShipTracking
states it left Oakland to Seattle on July 8 and then after that arrived in LA on July 17, stayed 1 day and left Los Angeles July 18 @ 18:55 so could easily have cars on board that were registered on 7-07-2019?
Also we had one unconfirmed report after that ship arrived in NZ that they saw some white Tesla cars being moved to a Tesla facility. (could not confirm if there were Model 3 or S or X). It is not much but enough to keep some hope alive in people. Though the likelihood of the cars being on it is small, the chance still exists :)

• Love
Reactions: 1st in Line
Are you sure about the departure time from LA for Seoul Express being July 8, as this:
SEOUL EXPRESS - Container Ship (IMO: 9193305, MMSI: 211331640) | MyShipTracking
states it left Oakland to Seattle on July 8 and then after that arrived in LA on July 17, stayed 1 day and left Los Angeles July 18 @ 18:55 so could easily have cars on board that were registered on 7-07-2019?
Also we had one unconfirmed report after that ship arrived in NZ that they saw some white Tesla cars being moved to a Tesla facility. (could not confirm if there were Model 3 or S or X). It is not much but enough to keep some hope alive in people. Though the likelihood of the cars being on it is small, the chance still exists :)

The date is right. The only Tesla loading facility is in Oakland and not Long Beach. There is a massive fast containerising facility in Oakland. On departure, some routes do to go via Seattle, Vancouver, then back to Long Beach (and wait a number of days anchored) then off to Auckland. This is how all Tesla’s have been shipped to Australia to date.

The July 7 date is date of vin registered with nhtsa. They could already be built. Impossible to know.

There is always hope. If I was in Sydney, I would still go to visit Botany for Seoul for a sighting. The chance is very slim indeed, but not zero.

You think tesla would register VINs on 7/7 and have the cars finished and loaded 18/7 ?

I'm assuming the VINs are registered ahead of production.. 11 days seems tight!
They do tend to register VIN-s pretty much weekly and so far it looks as they manufacture them reasonably quick. As their Model 3 production appears to be average between 700-900 per day and all AU+NZ combined at current estimates would fit into 1-2 day production with ease having 11 days window does not appear to be too much of a squeeze. Considering that they do not tend to keep their cars lingering on parking spaces for too long.

always nice to see progress, although knowing for certain is always preferred..

here is the satellite view of CAP Capricorn. (with route). updated 109-08-19 @ 13:15
CAP Capricorn 13-15-09-08-19.JPG

Hmmm. My view order agreement button and edit design link are missing. Wonder if this is a sign of anything or just a glitch?
Oh, Tesla has blocked you. You can no longer order any Tesla products. I'm so sorry.

Totally joking, lol, sounds like they might be doing some upgrades or something because you're meant to be able to edit your design up until you take ownership of the vehicle, from memory.