Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s still true, try it. Different ‘previous insurer’ options gives different results for aami.

I don't doubt it is true.

My point was that it is the underwriter that has final say if any of the insurance companies they underwrite will be given the authority by them to insure the applicant. From there, each insurance company that can insure the applicant have their own prices based on their model and T's and C's. Each applicant is like a snowflake (no two are the same) and the algos based on a multitude of inputs will determine the final price. Just because a person with the same car, age, history history and locale to another person, doesn't mean the price will be on par.

The important thing is that you are covered for what level of risk you want at the price you are willing to pay. To do that, you need to read and understand the insurer's T's & C's. The insurer's job is to pay as little as possible, so things like new for old doesn't always mean you will get new for old if the old is not available in it's original form.

But can't see why ppl would rather be towed than swap a tyre and be on their way quickly
Of course you would, but it isn't always that easy to do.
Also those thin spare tyres that are typical these days are only mean to be installed on the back wheels, so it can mean changing effectively 2 wheels if you get a flat on the front. But basically most manufacturers want to save space and weight and not supply something that is rarely used. I live in the hills on pretty average roads and I've only had one issue with a flat tyres in 10+ years I think.

Cap Capricorn is due in Auckland today 5pm local. It has just come into AIS range.

View attachment 440680
As I sit here, trying to work but actually waiting for Cap Capricorn to pass outside my window, it occurs to me that there are probably very few, if any, model 3s aboard. I would very much like to be wrong, mind you. But if there are cars on cap, Tesla on K rd will probably have the cars Tuesday or Wednesday. If so, they'll want to start deliveries at the end of the week. (They don't have space to store many cars, in addition to their rabid customers). If they want to do deliveries at the end of the week, they should already be making delivery appointments and arranging payment. And there's no indication that they have done so...

2 of the ‘Melbourne 10” press cars have arrived in Brisbane for test drives.

A2646539-494B-4C3B-AA77-5B04A85A410F.jpeg

Just remembered another interesting bit from my talk with the sales rep in Tesla Brisbane over the weekend. I asked about how many reservations they had and how many of those had converted to orders yet and how many were still on the fence. The sales rep said they have no combined statistics over Australia, but they know how many reservations and orders are for the specific sales persons at their store. He said he cannot comment on other sales reps current state of orders but he personally was looking after 35 reservations out of which 24 have converted to orders. The remaining 11 are waiting for either SR without plus or LR RWD or white interior on cheaper editions.