Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a RACQ quote for SR+ with $650 excess and 2 year new car replacement and window screen cover for $965 py
Way cheaper than any other quote I have received

The best quote I've been able to find is from CBA, around P3- roughly $1500 per year for $1700 excess, with windscreen cover. My car would be parked in a driveway, not undercover, so that generally increases premiums in many places, and some don't even give a quote at all.

2312A996-EFCF-404D-B037-C6AD5FFE8DC5.jpeg

Attachments

• E0971ED6-12E5-4489-9FCC-7E587EA6F075.jpeg
    E0971ED6-12E5-4489-9FCC-7E587EA6F075.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 45
I have ordered one. Note that they have a backlog and will take 4-5 weeks to process.

Yup. I emailed them about 30 minutes ago chasing up my order and they've already got back to me (Tesla could learn a thing or two!).

"
Thank you for your email and your order with us! All Jeda USB Hubs will ship within 4 weeks from the initial order date. Your order is set to ship by 9/2. We will send out an email update with shipping batch information, as well as information on choosing the best storage device for your Tesla Model 3 dashcam/sentry. This email will be coming soon.

Thank you again.

"

So I think it's about time a new column was added. Seeing as we are getting extremely close to delivery times.

"Car Secured"

Have you taken ownership of your Model 3?
Yes
No

Enjoy and keep the data up to date.

If you need your edit link, please send me a conversation by clicking on my username and then clicking Start Conversation.
Please send me the TimeStamp next to your entry in the spreadsheet, and I'll send you back the link you need to update your responses.

If you've already got your link, you can keep it and use that link over and over again.

Has anyone bitten the bullet and purchased the Jedi 5 in 1 USB charging hub for the model 3?

I went with a pair of these for $20 and some double-sided tape. Dashcam, music, phones, and accent lighting with 4 spare ports left over for other things. :)

Though after reading the marketing blurb on the Jedi maybe I'll try magnets instead of the tape. I've got some self-adhesive neodymium disc magnets lying around doing nothing much useful at the moment.

I went with a pair of these for $20 and some double-sided tape. Dashcam, music, phones, and accent lighting with 4 spare ports left over for other things. :)

Though after reading the marketing blurb on the Jedi maybe I'll try magnets instead of the tape. I've got some self-adhesive neodymium disc magnets lying around doing nothing much useful at the moment.
I love you! Thank you!

Has anyone bitten the bullet and purchased the Jedi 5 in 1 USB charging hub for the model 3?
Works out pretty expensive when shipped to Australia. $145 AUD
Looks like a must have after market accessory.
Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub
I ordered and have already received my
US $15.87 22% OFF|Tesla Model 3 Center Console Wireless Charger Pad with Dual USB Ports Dual Phones Charging for iPhone X XS XR 8 8PLUS 7-in Mobile Phone Chargers from Cellphones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
which looks perfect. Still allows SSD behind it.

Having read that post about the appalling verbal attacks on Tesla staff I wonder if some folks need to challenge themselves to not look at this forum for 24hrs.

No one ever said VINs were final, no one ever said all of our cars were on Cap Capricorn, no one ever truly believed it would all be sorted by 30 Aug.

Right now I have no car, am paying for Ubers everywhere and have no Tesla phone call....oh well, life sux I guess.