Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These cars appear to be delivery ready because they already have an AutoNexus sticker on them suggesting they have been processed. They are missing their transport wrap on the front/back and the door handles.
That’s an interesting observation. Dealers would normally do their own pre delivery after the shipping company / dock processing does their Australian specific bits. Tesla appears to be outsourcing all of that work, might explain why cars are being delivered with problems is some cases.

Reactions: paulp
Update on earlier vin post. Have added whether any delivery dates have been assigned from a range. Delivery dates have been issued across the first range - from Cap Capricorn

098D6036-FB52-4F66-89C0-1D4BE2D9F265.jpeg

Exciting to see cars on trucks heading for delivery now.

So this 01/04/2016 reservation holder is no longer holding out for other options. Pulled the trigger last week on SR+ after seeing the M3 in the flesh at Chadstone. Finally came to terms with the fact I wouldn't be ordering a LR RWD and just got on with it.

Where's everyone ordering mats from?

Reactions: natetm3
I highly considered it for a while - worried about bending 20" rims on such a low profile where I live, and expensive tyres. But in the end they are difficult to source and expensive - likely have to import from one of only two places in the US that have designed rims that fit over the brakes, fit the inside hole design which is unusual, etc. And also going to 19" doesn't change the sidewall size all that much, and don't want to go do to a 18" for handling reasons.
So I'm sticking with the 20" but I'll likely change the tyres next with 245/35/20's to get a marginal amount more width and sidewall.

These cars appear to be delivery ready because they already have an AutoNexus sticker on them suggesting they have been processed. They are missing their transport wrap on the front/back and the door handles.

I almost was going to put up a post about the fact that some door handles from the earlier NZ pictures of cars on delivery trucks appeared to have a blue shine - i.e. from transport wrap. Then I thought that does not really add much to the discussion...

The absence of transport wrap on the other hand obviously is of concern. Hopefully they were still going to put that on, after these pictures where taken.

Ok. Analysis complete of the vins.

The simple answer is 4490-4492, and 4611, 4617 cannot be on Cap Capricorn, It should be a a good view to help align expectations, even with hidden vins changing. It is better to have any vin rather than being #model3vinless where to set your own internal expectation.

What is interesting is build dates, not in the data below.
. Cars are being built a little out of sequence depending on the variant - lines up with production runs, but only a day or two difference.
. Now invoices are being issued, and we know cars are being assigned final invoiced vins after arrival, it means every car invoiced so far has been on Cap Capricorn. This is a fact, and not speculative. What is interesting is the build date of July 11 in earlier post. Cap Capricorn loaded between July 12 and 13. That’s fast. I do want keep an eye on build dates. There might be some information to get from this.

I am still vinless, my internal expectation clock is sitting at September 30 11.59pm precisely - Elon wants deliveries before end of quarter. If early orders are speculated about 2500, and 500 are on each ship, there is enough time to complete all of the early orders depending on mix production runs. This gets complex though as orders change, and options/variants changed along the way.

View attachment 445567
when I spoke to Tesla Rep I asked how many M3 were on order and he confirmed between 2500 and 3000

Oh my effing geee!

I just got to go for a quick drive in a Model 3 Performance. I wasn't able to drive, but I was able to be passenger as we launched a couple times. I actually felt my Adams apple being pushed into the back of my throat, and I felt my body lift up into the seat. The speed was enough to put a smile on my face naturally (the Tesla smile), I unapologetically said woooowww (Owen Wilson style) each time we took off, and now I have heart palpations.

Ladies and gents, you are going to f***ing LOVE these cars. I can NOT get this across enough, if you don't believe me...your loss haha.

Good shots. Particularly this one. Stellar 1st post.

1. Proves Cap Capricorn
2. Autonexus
3. Number 443485
4. We know there is good information stuck on these cars and where to look when we find them.

View attachment 445736

If I had a 4434xx vin, I would be super excited. There are a few 4434xx in the responses spreadsheet
I am only 10 or so lower from this VIN and have my invoice. Hopefully the lease company wont delay on final payment. My Tesla account indicates 16 September in Melbourne. The rep indicated this date in Perth. Mine is a white P3D+.
Its frustrating as it took 3 days of phone tag to get in touch with the Tesla Rep as they would not leave a return phone number. Maybe I could have had my car earlier!

I almost was going to put up a post about the fact that some door handles from the earlier NZ pictures of cars on delivery trucks appeared to have a blue shine - i.e. from transport wrap. Then I thought that does not really add much to the discussion...

The absence of transport wrap on the other hand obviously is of concern. Hopefully they were still going to put that on, after these pictures where taken.
I suspect the transport wrap was only there during the shipping from USA...then Autonexus removes it all, preps the car for delivery, slaps on the Australian government stickers for efficiency etc and ships them 3000kms away on the back of the trucks unprotected..It arrives at Tesla, they give it a wash and remove the bug splatters and you then take delivery from Tesla, taking note of a myriad paint defects and transport damage and hope its fixed post delivery..

I don't understand why car manufacturers ship a $100K item with less protection than a $20 item gets bubble wrapped to oblivion from eBay..

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
Update on earlier vin post. Have added whether any delivery dates have been assigned from a range. Delivery dates have been issued across the first range - from Cap Capricorn
This is all lining up nicely isn’t it @Vedaprime. Nice to see all of your hard work over the last few weeks being validated.
Get ready to add another colour to your table for “delivered to customers”

Oh my effing geee!

I just got to go for a quick drive in a Model 3 Performance. I wasn't able to drive, but I was able to be passenger as we launched a couple times. I actually felt my Adams apple being pushed into the back of my throat, and I felt my body lift up into the seat. The speed was enough to put a smile on my face naturally (the Tesla smile), I unapologetically said woooowww (Owen Wilson style) each time we took off, and now I have heart palpations.

Ladies and gents, you are going to f***ing LOVE these cars. I can NOT get this across enough, if you don't believe me...your loss haha.

Random

You got us worried...

.... did you manage to retrieve your Adams apple from the back of your throat after the test drive?!?

Random

You got us worried...

.... did you manage to retrieve your Adams apple from the back of your throat after the test drive?!?
Haha I managed to somehow get it back in its place again and continue breathing. I truly don't know why anyone at all needs this much power in a car, it's barbaric, it's mental....it's ludicrous and I can't wait to get mine. I don't know if you can tell but I have SO MUCH damn adrenaline coursing through my veins!

I am only 10 or so lower from this VIN and have my invoice. Hopefully the lease company wont delay on final payment. My Tesla account indicates 16 September in Melbourne. The rep indicated this date in Perth. Mine is a white P3D+.
Its frustrating as it took 3 days of phone tag to get in touch with the Tesla Rep as they would not leave a return phone number. Maybe I could have had my car earlier!

From everything I've heard, Perth deliveries start September 16, so you've not missed out. I'm booked it at 4pm that day, according to the website, which I've been told is only a tentative booking.

Do test drives let you actually drive the car or just be a passenger? Thinking about taking the rents for one.

I’ve been in a 75d before, hopefully they get the same impression I did from it. They probably won’t become obsessed and start daily refreshing a forum about a car they’re never going to own though..

One can dream.
Yep, they do let you be a driver mate.
But at the moment they're booked out back to back so it might be a little while before you get in the seat of one.
Good idea though and who knows.....they might at the price of the SR+.

If they don't, you should start saving anything and everything you can now for a nice little deposit and get your own one when you can.