Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn't on the invoice, but in the email that accompanied the invoice, specifically:

"Bank transfer payments must be cleared 2 business days before pickup, and all the bank details are on the invoice."

Hope that clears it up :).
Just be mindful that there are a lot of examples in australia of hackers intercepting emails and changing account details. Many have lost house deposits over it. Tesla have been a previous target, according to westpac.

It wasn’t an assumption in the first ship, but a little unwise to assume the second is the same.

We have only had 1 person say 500 on each ship and no other leaks. It is an unverified single source..

It isn’t really reportable beyond a rumour. If anyone else in the know wants to verify. That would end the uncertainty.
You can count containers reasonably well on those cap capricorn pics and work out fairly quickly that 500 would be a stretch.

Just be mindful that there are a lot of examples in australia of hackers intercepting emails and changing account details. Many have lost house deposits over it. Tesla have been a previous target, according to westpac.

sure, it was a great concern of mine.

But having a BSB that actually refer to an institution with "Tesla" in the name, it's pretty hard to fake it!

Reactions: paulp
If it doesn't come as advertised, they'll be hearing from me and if they don't provide as advertised, they'll be hearing from QCAT too.

So...... if they say it is not going to be included when you go to take delivery, will you walk away without the car?
Because if you sign on the dotted line, you are accepting the car as is and would have no further recourse.

Personally, I think you and others are just going to spoil your delivery day over something that was a mistake in the original document, and Tesla will not acquiesce to.

I have purchased an Ismartgate which for the same $300 will work for all my cars (it uses phone geofencing through IFTTT), and I will be able to enjoy my delivery day with my family, which I am very much looking forward to.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So...... if they say it is not going to be included when you go to take delivery, will you walk away without the car?
Because if you sign on the dotted line, you are accepting the car as is and would have no further recourse.

Personally, I think you and others are just going to spoil your delivery day over something that was a mistake in the original document, and Tesla will not acquiesce to.

I have purchased an Ismartgate which for the same $300 will work for all my cars (it uses phone geofencing through IFTTT), and I will be able to enjoy my delivery day with my family, which I am very much looking forward to.

Just my 2 cents worth.
The ‘offer & acceptance’ contract is enacted on deposit, not purchase.

Actually it is a contract when they accept your money. Which they have done, and then remain silent and don't notify you that there has been a change to what you have ordered. So yes, they have engaged in false advertising.

Avoid being mislead about price, quality and value | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

If they say you can accept it as is or cancel your order, that's not good enough. They have still engaged in false advertising, because they can't advertise something they knowingly can't offer, even if unintentionally misleading the customer.

Offering to cancel the order, doesn't make things good again. That's like the equivalent of braking the law and then saying, oh let's rewind and pretend it never happened.

No, you advertised, accepted my money whether electronic or not, and now I expect my order as it was advertised.

If it doesn't come as advertised, they'll be hearing from me and if they don't provide as advertised, they'll be hearing from QCAT too.
When did you want that car again? 2021 perhaps?

That is not correct.

Feature list was displayed, list that included garage opening, then you paid $3000 deposit. Then you get an invoice for said car. At no time do you sign anything that I would take delivery of the car as-is. They even make you pay before even seeing the car.

It has to be assumed that the car has the same features as when you placed the order. While the price itself was subject to conditions, and mind you those conditions were explicitly listed as relative to taxes, stamp duty and so forth, there was no conditional variation on the feature themselves.

There's never an implicit acceptance that you will have to accept the car as is. If you saw a massive scratch on the car would you accept it because that's how it comes? If it no longer included A/C would you accept it?

Reactions: jaykaye
Obviously, I have not seen the document we will sign on the day, but I would be very surprised if it didn't have a clause stating that you accept the car is as advertised and in the expected condition? If it's not, you don't sign it, or agree to rectifications before signing it?
The contract is the purchase order (po) when the deposit is paid (offer, acceptance and consideration).
What is in the purchase order t's and c's is what you get (along with your statutory rights from the state you are in and federal laws).
All other "advertising", "he said, she said" prior and future configurations, "opportunity loss" etc is irrelevant (unless you can prove a material cost, loss or damage and a court rules in your favour (which would also be open to appeal)).
The po has some out's for Tesla and is favourable to them as it is on their terms. You could try to alter those terms but they are not obliged to accept them.

From Tesla order agreement:

Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle.

Pretty clear that whatever showing at the time the order was placed is binding

Reactions: Random206
Some perspective on this matter.....the early adopters like dborn and ray newman, and even myself (although I wasnt as early) were promised that our tesla model s would open the garage door and meet us at the kerb all on its own based on my diary.
The cars didnt come with homelink, so the dream could never be realised. Indeed the only bit that is true is that the tesla can read my diary. But I never complained loudly, simply because tesla were doing stuff after sale way beyond my wildest expectations. Tesla eventually got homelink available in australia, and I have it on my new S but not my old S, since sold.
To be honest i was super excited to have homelink, but now I rarely use it. I cant automate it as we have 4 users of our gate and doors, so not so good if one of them is on the way in or out, or one of the pets is under the open door, and using homelink manually is too far away on the screen for a comfortable reach.
Yes you can make all sorts of threats and actions over a $400 item that isnt really doing anything usefull, or you could enjoy your car and build a strong relationship with your service tech for future help. A small remote stuck to the windscreen with velcro is a good clean solution. Your tesla will never meet you on the kerb anyway. Thats for a later hardware version that will have level 5 autonomy, as opposed to the ‘FSD’ branding, previously called ‘autopilot’

Brotonne Bridge has arrived Auckland overnight. Ship 3. Due Sydney Friday 12.30pm

F3F4B95C-B2ED-42CA-A7C1-99454F107B29.jpeg

The ‘offer & acceptance’ contract is enacted on deposit, not purchase.
"Until your Vehicle is registered in your name, you may cancel your order at any me, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Order Payment. Until your order is matched to a vehicle, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration. If you make changes to your Vehicle Configuration, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery location or estimated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of this Agreement. Your Final Tax Invoice will include a credit to the final Drive Away price of your Vehicle equivalent to the amount of the Order Payment you paid. The Order Payment and this Agreement are not made or entered into in anticipation of or pending any conditional sale contract"
According to this the Order Agreement is not a sale contract and not entered into with anticipation of getting a sale contract out of this. So when you agree with the sale contract and they change things after that, you can sue them, not sure how far this can be taken with the order agreement though.