Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my P3- today. Love it.
Took it for a cruse down the busy Auckland Airport motorway and back. Then droped it off to have paint protection film applied, which will take a few days.
Autopilot took a few kms to finish calibration, then Autopilot and driver initiated lane change worked well. A bit freaky at first.
Initial acceleration tests were a bit dangerous, the car is so quiet but fast.

- Track mode is present :).
IMG_0006.JPG
- UMC comes with normal 10A and 15A as expected, but also a 16A Caravan plug which should be the most useful.
IMG_0007.JPG
- Wall Charger with 7m cable.
IMG_0008.JPG
- Homelink hardware and software is missing :(.
Hardware will be fitted in a few months when the Christchurch Service Center is operational.
- I even got dressed in a suit for the delivery photo :)
IMG_0016.JPG

I'll probably get the roof done also. I'm follicly challenged so UV concerns me a lot.

Will show it to my tint guy to get
The Tesla sales guy in Brisbane said the floor mats are included in all M3-s for Australia, but no mats for trunk or frunk.

There is no definitive answer for Australia, but if US and EUR are any indication the SR+ will be limited between 100-110kwh charge rate. Considering on V3 supercharger they let LR battery based M3 charge up to 250kwh, I would hope they would up the limit a little on the SR battery based models, but there has been no confirmed information on that. Tesla really does not share much information.
whats a trunk?

Sorry to double post but figured I'd ask. Has anyone with a white interior been given a delivery date? And/Or a VIN? I haven't seen anyone on the spreadsheet but figured it might not be up to date exactly with everyone.

I just have initial contact and suspect we will be much later in the queue.

Got an email earlier today from Melbourne delivery advising that I could complete the licensing docs (except no attachment as suggested sigh) for DOTWA. Vin is 4434XX white P3D+ with black interior scheduled for delivery in Perth On September 16 at 10:00am. So things are moving for Perth deliveries. Anyone got an earlier delivery date for Perth?

Thats the same VIN range and spec as my order and also had Invoice 248 and DOT reg come through today for WA delivery 19th Sep.

What's very interesting about the first screenshot of the delivery stats is the large amount of P3D- as compared to the +. I wonder if this is also Tesla cleaning out the LR AWD stock. This may be a good tactic for them like they are doing in the US with the P3D- going in and out of "production".