Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery appointment booked in for 4pm on 24 September - how do I update the spreadsheet?

See here:

Hey all, with these new updates to our account, make sure we are updating the form.
If you've already added your response to the form and didn't save the URL to get back in to edit your entry, please let me know which one is yours in the spreadsheet by sending me the full timestamp next to your entry and I'll send you back your URL.

You can PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

Has anyone elses order page changed? Interestingly, mine changed today and is now showing a blue Model 3 with performance wheels (im getting a white SR+) and the rest of the page has changed too. No hidden VIN yet.
Sydney. Reservation May 2016. Order May 2019.

upload_2019-8-28_23-25-31.png

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Has anyone elses order page changed? Interestingly, mine changed today and is now showing a blue Model 3 with performance wheels (im getting a white SR+) and the rest of the page has changed too. No hidden VIN yet.

View attachment 447342
Was just about to post about this- mine has changed also, must be a glitch

Reactions: MonicaPlease

View attachment 447342

Mine showed that when a second order I had was cancelled by me. Think it has something to do with the backend. The app isn't working either so I wouldn't be too concerned.

I received my invoice on Monday, but the Tesla page still says that soon the invoice will be uploaded to my account "shortly". Status is still "prepare for delivery", no acknowledgement that payment was received.

Anyone who has received their invoice seeing something different?

JY
Nope, even though I have confirmation from Tesla over the phone that payment is received, and I have an invoice, it’s still the same text for me as well.

I wouldn't think that Tesla has surplus RHD stock just sitting around waiting to be sold. Aren't the LR AWD and P+ basically the same car barring a software unlock for the better acceleration/top-speed and some external touches like bigger wheels and a spoiler?
Not a software unlock. Performance motors are just picked off the production line by means of a dyno test to confirm they can handle the extra torque.

Last edited:
Not a software unlock. Performance motors are just picked off the production line by means of a dyno test to confirm they can handle the extra torque.

This has been discussed ad-nauseum. Aside from an Elon tweet, there is no proof this is true. The part numbers are identical. Tesla has been "unlocking" LR AWDs in the US for ages now to fill orders. Have a read on other threads on TMC about this.

This has been discussed ad-nauseum. Aside from an Elon tweet, there is no proof this is true. The part numbers are identical. Tesla has been "unlocking" LR AWDs in the US for ages now to fill orders. Have a read on other threads on TMC about this.

There is no proof either way on hardware differences other than the motor numbers seem different - the inverter etc may be different also. Or it might just be software. After all FSD is just software and $10k too.

Cap Capricorn vins seem have build dates on the invoice between July 9 and 11.
Kota build dates known are July 19 so far
Hey @Vedaprime I’m beginning to think you have an American background with all your “wrong way around” month-day references in your tables and comments. Or perhaps you’ve just been reading too many US shipping schedules and Tesla forums?
Let me translate for everyone else. “Kota build dates known are 19 July so far” :)

Hey @Vedaprime I’m beginning to think you have an American background with all your “wrong way around” month-day references in your tables and comments. Or perhaps you’ve just been reading too many US shipping schedules and Tesla forums?
Let me translate for everyone else. “Kota build dates known are 19 July so far” :)

Mmm. Just have a lot of international work behind me. Dates end up all the same for me. As long as the message gets out clearly.

dd mmm. mmm dd. Dd/mm/yy. yyyymmdd