Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so I admit that I haven't read all 346 pages of this thread, but there still seems to be a lot of excitement about the hidden VINs even though it doesn't seem to have translated into deliveries.. So is there any consensus what it means when you get a VIN but it turns out to be a Toyota Corolla? I am trying not to feel insulted :-( am a M3P, July 2017 reservation, 31st May order.

OK, so I admit that I haven't read all 346 pages of this thread, but there still seems to be a lot of excitement about the hidden VINs even though it doesn't seem to have translated into deliveries.. So is there any consensus what it means when you get a VIN but it turns out to be a Toyota Corolla? I am trying not to feel insulted :-( am a M3P, July 2017 reservation, 31st May order.
I think you’ll find that “Toyota Corolla” is made by Tesla...

Could be your trade-in car VIN.

UNLESS, it is MY trade-in car VIN, which would be rather funny (mine is 6T154AEA10D3006XX)!

I cannot remove FSD from my order for P3D-, and then add it back aftet delivery according to this message from Tesla :
As your configured vehicle is no longer available to order, if you remove FSD at this point you would have to change to a configuration that is currently shown on the website (i.e. you would have to select a Performance Model 3 with the Performance Upgrade, or change to a Long Range All-Wheel Drive). In doing so, this would incur the new/current pricing, including the current price for FSD.

Hi Meowsers - You have white interior and a VIN?? You lucky beggar!!!!

I have reluctantly resigned myself to the thought that there is no chance for a September delivery date for my Blue 3P+ with white interior to Perth. Now working on the expectation (blind faith??) that it might be October if I am lucky. . As of today I, and no doubt many others, remain VINless until otherwise (v)indicated by Tesla!. The suspense is killing me.

I'm in the same VINless 'boat'. White 3P+ with white interior to Perth. Registered April 2016 and ordered July 2019.

Reactions: DavidRL
I cannot remove FSD from my order for P3D-, and then add it back aftet delivery according to this message from Tesla :
As your configured vehicle is no longer available to order, if you remove FSD at this point you would have to change to a configuration that is currently shown on the website (i.e. you would have to select a Performance Model 3 with the Performance Upgrade, or change to a Long Range All-Wheel Drive). In doing so, this would incur the new/current pricing, including the current price for FSD.

Just send Tesla an email, they can remove it for you, and that won't impact your delivery date (they may warn you that it may)

I've had a 4427xx VIN for about 2 weeks now. That means it should have arrived on cap but honestly I can't see me getting delivery till early October. Only because I see people getting delivery dates already that are mid to late September.

I've had no contact

I would expect Tesla will try to limit the amount of Q3 built cars being delivered in October, fingers crossed yours will get brought forward to the last week of September. After that Q4 built cars will revert back to mostly North America for a few weeks, then Europe, then South Korea/Japan, then back to Australia/NZ late in the year. That's not saying there won't be Oct/Nov deliveries, just far less.

Anyone know if the "all weather mats" from Tesla are good for RHD. The dead pedal is on the left so I am hoping it's a perfect mirror.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.50.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.50.23 pm.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 64
My eTag beeps everyday...
Yours may well beep, and that's OK if you prefer the reassurance.
However we will ring when we get the M3 and tell them its a metallic windscreen and to use the photo option. They have a list of all the car types with metallic windscreen and Tesla is on the list.
We've not ever put an E-tag on the Tesla (had it for 3.5 years) works fine in both NSW & Vic.
Use the auto account top-up option because with no E-tag there's no "low account warning beep"

I found out about it on the Model S forum before I took delivery, and thought it a neat option

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I got the call this afternoon!
Confirming details and scheduling in 23 September for collection date at Richmond in Melbourne.
White SR+, reservation Nov 2018, Order 31 May 2019, Pepper finance, no trade in.
Interesting thing is that my VIN 4491XX is one of the Kota Ekspres ones, it was registered too late to be on the Cap Capricorn - so looks like Kota Ekspres deliveries have started to be scheduled.
I agreed to the delivery date and time on the phone instantly of course, can't afford to mess about with these things and risk getting bumped. Then later when I checked my calendar, I have important work meetings that day. Oh well, screw work! :)

I got the call this afternoon!
Confirming details and scheduling in 23 September for collection date at Richmond in Melbourne.
White SR+, reservation Nov 2018, Order 31 May 2019, Pepper finance, no trade in.
Interesting thing is that my VIN 4491XX is one of the Kota Ekspres ones, it was registered too late to be on the Cap Capricorn - so looks like Kota Ekspres deliveries have started to be scheduled.
I agreed to the delivery date and time on the phone instantly of course, can't afford to mess about with these things and risk getting bumped. Then later when I checked my calendar, I have important work meetings that day. Oh well, screw work! :)

Well I'm happy for you, but as a Livestream reservation holder and 31 May order, Cash no trade, and 4432XX VIN, its a bit annoying how Tesla seem to be randomly picking deliveries..

Reactions: jason3w
Years ago when I was still having children, my wife made a "ready for hospital" bag we could just grab.

I've just started one for the model 3 pickup that so far contains a pre-formatted and ready SSD for cameras, and the wireless charging pad. What else do i need to get ready for the pickup and drive home ?

Your baby is coming home!!!!

Reactions: kevinwithnall