Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd been wondering about the 4433XX and 4434XX builds. I note that Aaron Green on youtube had a build around that VIN as well.

My VIN is 4429XX with a build date of 11 July, so they were built a bit out of order then.
Your spidey sesnses are spot on. The vins are registered first for all global types (except 517xxx), but it doesn’t correlate with what is configured for the production line. What I can tell is there are production runs for sr+, and runs for p from data from @MandySimpson on the NZ vehicles.

And in a couple of cases vins were split production runs over a week (4431xx). or two (4434xx). I was wondering why we were seeing larger ving gaps in Cap, and this now explains it.

Good news! The ‘better economic managers’ have just managed the lowest annual GDP growth since 2009. And all without the aid of a Global Financial Crisis!
Going into further detail about why loan interest rates will drop further:
Graph that shows we’re in a world of pain

And this interesting point, for simpletons who parrot headline current account surplus figures:
The dismal result in GDP would have been even worse if it was not for an impressive result from the mining and gas industries. Net exports rose substantially, as boatload after boatload of ore and fuels left our shores, and lifted the economic growth rate by 0.6 percentage points.

But how important is the result of the resources industry to the lives of most Australians? While it is an Australian industry, it does not employ many Australians — mines are increasingly automated. And much of the profits flow to foreign owners of these firms.

“(A) significant share (around three-quarters) of these profits from the high iron ore prices accrue to foreign shareholders,” RBA Deputy Governor Guy Debelle said in August.

So I have been #teamvinless since day 1. Woke up this morning to a VIN! 4987XX.
That puts my car on the Melina according to Vedaprimes list. Not sure how they hope to get me the car before the end of September then :(

That’s good news. Let me know if anything changes. Vin registration date was August 11 - 25000 of them in total, so it is super hard to know which ship exactly. But yours is right at the start of the range which makes it Melina - but production doesn’t need to be in line with vin reg, so it could be on a different ship. Just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
That’s good news. Let me know if anything changes. Vin registration date was August 11 - 25000 of them in total, so it is super hard to know what ship. But yours is right at the start of the range which makes it Melina - but production doesn’t need to be in line with vin reg, so it could be on a different ship. Just keep that in mind.
Hey Veda, just advising that I have a new VIN of 4433XX and have been advised my delivery will most likely be the first week of October, although not confirmed as yet.

And it's in Carjam.
My inner fanboy is getting excited. Looks like it should have been a brotonne bridge car
Screenshot_20190905_090300_com.android.chrome.jpg

To follow up. @Vedaprime is it possible that this VIN range was actually on WARRNAMBOOL? Seems a bit of a coincidence that I get my first VIN the day after Aucklands ship arrives. I am Auckland delivery btw.

Only an outside chance of that this stage, unless we have more evidence. ANL Warrnambool had left a number of days before the vins were even registered so it makes it very unlikely.. 99% so far have been vin reg, then production.

The white seats batch 517xxx, at the moment, are the only exception where prod occurred before reg.

Hey Veda, just advising that I have a new VIN of 4433XX and have been advised my delivery will most likely be the first week of October, although not confirmed as yet.

I think you can be optimistic that will change. The push is on to deliver this quarter, particularly with that early vin range.

Last edited:
Is this confirmed? I saw it in the video above, but was hoping it was just the camera angle...

What's on the other side, a rear fog light? :confused:
Yes only one reversing light.

The first time I reversed into the supercharger at the service centre, the model X owner in the next bay came over and told me that one was out. Worried me until I went upstairs and asked the service guy who told me there's only one!

Reactions: MonicaPlease