Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was delivered last Friday. Oh what Joy even if it was a few days later than originally advised. I have had my white P3D for a week now. Enjoying it very much especially the acceleration (care this weekend though as its double demerits)! All pretty good at delivery except for minor panel fit issue RH corner bumper and some scratches on console (and a few other very minor items). Had its tint done today and its booked in to attend to my delivery gripes on October 8. I originally reserved in May 2016 and ordered in early July 2019. I am heading to Albany as a test soon. Everyone who has ridden in it or driven it is blown away.

Any suggestions on reasonably priced electricians to install the TESLA wall charger appreciated.
Ali -0468 424372 [email protected] from TeslaWA Slack Services sheet attached.

Attachments

• Tesla Services.pdf
    107.7 KB · Views: 82
upload_2019-9-28_12-17-58.png

I would personally be deleting the post and just keeping very quiet if it was me.

Long time Lurker.. Just thought I would join some of you in frustration.... I have Got a Model 3 On order August 17 Reservation and First day Order... And No VIN... Slightly upset.. But anyway patience is a virtue! Just have to wait.. Its the lack of communication that annoys me. Lots of fun watching all of you with your new toys and this forum is a wealth of knowledge!

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 68
Finally managed to get a response regarding my P3D and the answer was basically "we don't know and can't say". From what I can understand, the vehicles in production are automatically assigned (which I suspect corresponds to hidden VIN time). Until this happens, they can't help with any questions on approximate delivery times.

As to what this means to those of us waiting for P3Ds? Be prepared for a long and unknown wait.

Reactions: TASKA9
Long time Lurker.. Just thought I would join some of you in frustration.... I have Got a Model 3 On order August 17 Reservation and First day Order... And No VIN... Slightly upset.. But anyway patience is a virtue! Just have to wait.. Its the lack of communication that annoys me. Lots of fun watching all of you with your new toys and this forum is a wealth of knowledge!

mate, I've got the exact same email from the same guy. guess we'll wait huh

Reactions: TASKA9
You're lucky you got a reply from Melbourne lately. I had to sneak into Cremorne to get hear something. April 2016 reservation/second day ordering. That might give you a bit of consolation. What do you order? Mine is red/black P3D+. There are a few other Melbournian in this forums that are vinless and order exact same spec as mine.

Finally managed to get a response regarding my P3D and the answer was basically "we don't know and can't say". From what I can understand, the vehicles in production are automatically assigned (which I suspect corresponds to hidden VIN time). Until this happens, they can't help with any questions on approximate delivery times.

As to what this means to those of us waiting for P3Ds? Be prepared for a long and unknown wait.
We're really screwed here in Melbourne, aren't we fellow P3D order ?

I reckon they don’t no *sugar* after the end of the 1/4 push. It will be all about getting 1/4 results. They will have allocated like crazy to move as much as they can..... Then they will worry about everything else... that’s my guess.... but no vin concerns me. But another guy on Facebook had no vin until a few days before delivery....

Reactions: stedes
I’m also #vinless. P3D Red/White. Reserved April 2018, ordered the first weekend orders were opened but changed my order the day white interiors were offered (16th July). Melbourne delivery & no hidden VIN. The only thing that gives me hope is the next two ships look to have a lot of white interiors on them, so hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Metric tonne of deliveries out of Brisbane today. I was there to sign a document or two. And a new long range black s with a white interior. Looked hot. Two more trucks full of 3s pulled up as well.

I calculated they have burned through at least 170 standard QLD number plates since I picked up my car two weeks ago.