Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It look’s like ray’s original post has disappeared, so I don’t know who “we” is either!

It's a rhetorical question to what was espoused. (Which appears to have been moderated by TMC or deleted by it's author).

"Can you tell if someone’s lying by their use of function words?

Yes. A person who’s lying tends to use “we” more or use sentences without a first-person pronoun at all. Instead of saying “I didn’t take your book,” a liar might say “That’s not the kind of thing that anyone with integrity would do.” People who are honest use exclusive words like “but” and “without” and negations such as “no,” “none,” and “never” much more frequently. We’ve analyzed transcripts of court testimony, and the differences in speech patterns are really clear. "

Source: Your Use of Pronouns Reveals Your Personality James W. Pennebaker From the December 2011 Issue

but I wouldn't call refusing a damaged car "talking tough".
It’s talking tough until you actually do it - which is the whole point of why I asked if anyone had actually refused to take collection.
I agree judgements are clouded because people are so excited about the cars and have been waiting so long.
In my opinion there are too many people on here saying “you should never have accepted the car in that condition” without anyone that I know of having actually refused. I think the tough talking is really just making those who accepted a car with defects feel uneasy that they did the wrong thing.

I woke up this morning and my fantastic car wants to get even better!

View attachment 460262
Gefion is a goddess associated with ploughing, the Danish island of Zealand, the legendary Swedish king Gylfi, the legendary Danish king Skjöldr, foreknowledge, and virginity.
WTF are you saying about your car, Hairyman? Ploughing? I guess it DOES have a shedload of torque, but I suspect you'll be the first farmer....

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: adee and Hairyman
Gefion is a goddess associated with ploughing, the Danish island of Zealand, the legendary Swedish king Gylfi, the legendary Danish king Skjöldr, foreknowledge, and virginity.
WTF are you saying about your car, Hairyman? Ploughing? I guess it DOES have a shedload of torque, but I suspect you'll be the first farmer....

I named it Gefion because it is driven by 4 wheels with a massive amount of torque behind them. Gefion’s plough is drawn by four massive bulls. The bulls were her sons by a Norse giant.

...and I get to say “Giddy-up Gefion!” when I launch it.

A1F8B00B-B2E0-4C30-A708-461929C309CF.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s talking tough until you actually do it - which is the whole point of why I asked if anyone had actually refused to take collection.
I agree judgements are clouded because people are so excited about the cars and have been waiting so long.
In my opinion there are too many people on here saying “you should never have accepted the car in that condition” without anyone that I know of having actually refused. I think the tough talking is really just making those who accepted a car with defects feel uneasy that they did the wrong thing.

It's not tough talking to simply state that I'm not driving away in a damaged car...I'm not talking about fighting Tyson here.

Hell I wouldn't accept an iPhone with a scratch on it fresh out of the shop let alone an 80k car but each to their own. Mate if people want to sign for them with scratches and dents so be it, that's their choice I just personally won't be.

• Funny
Reactions: raynewman
It's not tough talking to simply state that I'm not driving away in a damaged car...I'm not talking about fighting Tyson here.

Hell I wouldn't accept an iPhone with a scratch on it fresh out of the shop let alone an 80k car but each to their own. Mate if people want to sign for them with scratches and dents so be it, that's their choice I just personally won't be.

Just curious, have you asked Tesla how they will do this? Because they require payment 2 days before you pick up the car and they don’t take Cheques. So basically you will have paid for your car, which will be registered in your name and won’t be taking it home.

I asked them at the Sydney office and they weren’t amenable to paying at the time of pickup... it was basically take it or leave it. They wouldn’t even schedule a delivery time without payment in full. I suspect they would have no qualms reassigning your car to someone else.

I suspect once the rush of orders is done they will be more accommodating.

Reactions: TaylorP

iPhone is a much smaller & simpler object. The protection and delivery logistic is much simpler.

For a car, you can't put it in a box with protection and wrap it with plastic. People need to drive it around in order to put it into the ship and deliver to the delivery centre. Each step can have accidents and damages.

Furthermore, a car is not an iPhone. Apple can replace the iPhone in their retail store but Tesla cannot replace the car because the car was already registered under your name. The VIN was written in the invoice and your car loan was already linked with the car (if you have a car loan).

BTW, I had an iPhone which has an issue with the volume buttons when it arrived. I don't have a chance to refuse the phone on delivery and Apple replaced it in their retail store.

If Tesla only need to deliver 3-5 cars a day in each centre, they can fix all defects before delivery like other dealers does. However, they are delivering much more than a couple a day.

Remember how we responded in here when the end-September delivery was delayed for a week due to 12v battery issue? I personally saw another customer went to Richmond delivery centre asking about his delivery date and complaining about lack of communications.

If Tesla takes the perfect delivery approach, there will be more uncertainties (because they have to inspect each car before they can confirm the exact delivery schedule), delays, and, of cause, complains.

As others already pointed out, Tesla has very limited resource to run. They will do anything to survive including the delays on implementing improvements or not delivering a better customer experience. If they do everything we wanted or asked, there will be no Tesla Motor next year.

Tesla is not a car for luxurious experience. They have panel gaps issue in Model S & X.

Tesla is a car for its futuristic design, powerful electric drive train, supercharging network and advanced battery technologies, IMO. This is what I spent my 100k on. I had a very clear idea on what I was paying for when I reserve my car 3.5 years ago.

Some people said they spent 100k on this car and this kind of service is unacceptable, etc.

Can you buy a 3.4s 0-100 kph time car from other brand with 100k? At the end, Tesla need to spend this 100k wisely on different part of the business and they chose to put most of it in the design and engineering of the vehicle which make us smile everyday we own the vehicle rather than the delivery experience which we can enjoy for an hour.

Just curious, have you asked Tesla how they will do this? Because they require payment 2 days before you pick up the car and they don’t take Cheques. So basically you will have paid for your car, which will be registered in your name and won’t be taking it home.

I asked them at the Sydney office and they weren’t amenable to paying at the time of pickup... it was basically take it or leave it. They wouldn’t even schedule a delivery time without payment in full. I suspect they would have no qualms reassigning your car to someone else.

I suspect once the rush of orders is done they will be more accommodating.

If you pay the final payment by credit card, you will have a choice to pay on delivery.

There was someone asking about kids car seats and space in the model 3 a few pages back.

I put both a forward facing and rear facing seat in the car yesterday and took some photos. Loads of room for front passenger. Photo of my legs in the front with seat as far back as it can go, I am only 5"10 but would be easily fine for someone over 6 ft. More room in the front than my wife's Subaru Outback when same config of car seats in the back.

IMG_20190928_104401.jpg
IMG_20190928_104350.jpg
IMG_20190928_104331.jpg
IMG_20190928_104326.jpg

I asked them at the Sydney office and they weren’t amenable to paying at the time of pickup... it was basically take it or leave it.

No I haven't talked to them nor heard anything from them at all at this stage but it's something I'll have to ask as it gets closer. Did you have to sign a contract to take delivery? I can't see how they'd actually force you to take it if it's not up to scratch.

• Funny
Reactions: raynewman
iPhone is a much smaller & simpler object. The protection and delivery logistic is much simpler.

For a car, you can't put it in a box with protection and wrap it with plastic. People need to drive it around in order to put it into the ship and deliver to the delivery centre. Each step can have accidents and damages.

Furthermore, a car is not an iPhone. Apple can replace the iPhone in their retail store but Tesla cannot replace the car because the car was already registered under your name. The VIN was written in the invoice and your car loan was already linked with the car (if you have a car loan).

BTW, I had an iPhone which has an issue with the volume buttons when it arrived. I don't have a chance to refuse the phone on delivery and Apple replaced it in their retail store.

If Tesla only need to deliver 3-5 cars a day in each centre, they can fix all defects before delivery like other dealers does. However, they are delivering much more than a couple a day.

Remember how we responded in here when the end-September delivery was delayed for a week due to 12v battery issue? I personally saw another customer went to Richmond delivery centre asking about his delivery date and complaining about lack of communications.

If Tesla takes the perfect delivery approach, there will be more uncertainties (because they have to inspect each car before they can confirm the exact delivery schedule), delays, and, of cause, complains.

As others already pointed out, Tesla has very limited resource to run. They will do anything to survive including the delays on implementing improvements or not delivering a better customer experience. If they do everything we wanted or asked, there will be no Tesla Motor next year.

Tesla is not a car for luxurious experience. They have panel gaps issue in Model S & X.

Tesla is a car for its futuristic design, powerful electric drive train, supercharging network and advanced battery technologies, IMO. This is what I spent my 100k on. I had a very clear idea on what I was paying for when I reserve my car 3.5 years ago.

Some people said they spent 100k on this car and this kind of service is unacceptable, etc.

Can you buy a 3.4s 0-100 kph time car from other brand with 100k? At the end, Tesla need to spend this 100k wisely on different part of the business and they chose to put most of it in the design and engineering of the vehicle which make us smile everyday we own the vehicle rather than the delivery experience which we can enjoy for an hour.

I guess I’ll just wait and see what happens closer to the date and deal with whatever happens.