Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, three and a half years after placing my deposit, I am now the proud owner of a Deep Blue Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance.

After a few days driving around, I can conclusively say that this is the best car I have ever driven. I love this car more than I could have possibly imagined.

It is easily the smoothest and quietest car I have ever driven, it is also the fastest and most fun to drive. Every single passenger that has been in it so far has been stunned by how great a car it is. Every time I punch the accelerator I can expect profanity, followed by uncontrollable giggling from passengers, so far, EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It has a +500km range and can be charged for free from the solar panels at work or at home. If I am out and about there seems to be free charging stations popping up everywhere.

The technology it comes with is staggering (no exaggeration, everyone who takes a ride is amazed by the tech), I don't have a key, I don't unlock or lock it, I don't start or stop it, I just walk up, get in and drive silently away. It can already drive itself on most roads and with the next few updates will be able to do much more (eg navigate all by itself from where you parked it to come and pick you up from where you are waiting for it).

All that aside, it is amazing that this thing can literally run on starlight rather than burning fossil fuels.

I love this car. Without a doubt THIS IS THE FUTURE.
View media item 120400View media item 120401View media item 120398View media item 120396View media item 120397
Did you get FSD option?

Anyone else can't connect to the Galaxy Note? Everyone elses phones work. Can you use it as a hotspot to the car and also pick it up on bluetooth?

Everything else ok after the first 2 days for my SR+. Some bump noises from suspension. Slight squaek in steering when backing. Nothing major. BTW don't drop your phone off the back seat to the floor. It will sound like you damaged your car. A very loud thump. Hollow sounding. Assume it is an air pocket above the batteries. Scared the kid in the first 100 metres. LOL.

New service appointments have just been listed at both Sydney centers for those looking.

Anyone had LTE issues? Mine went offline for about 3 hours this morning. Reboots didn’t help but it came good by itself about an hour after my last attempt. I’m in the middle of Sydney so don’t think reception should have been an issue.

Reactions: turbice
My VIN is in the same range (also a P3-). I had my delivery cancelled last week and was told the car is still being unloaded. Mine is being delivered to Canberra. Where did you pick up yours?
Sydney. I was scheduled for 27/9. About an hour before scheduled time they called to reschedule. Reason - logistics - car was being prepped somewhere in western Sydney. They were unable to get it to Alexandria in time.

Good luck with yours....

Delivery number estimates. I am in the process of working out delivery number estimates for the quarter based on what I have.

For WA, SA, Tas, Act, NT, happy for people to speculate below in the comments, as I have no specific data I have been tracking.

I believe Tas (due to not being able to be find a free ship to transport across the Strait) and NT are zero.

I think I saw about 37 in first WA delivery batch. Any local comments appreciated.

I am trying to keep a register of WA deliveries.
Yes, TH232 saw about 37 delivered to Autonexus on 4th and 12th September; there have probably been more since, but no evidence.
We think that 21 were loaded on Oregon Highway in Port Kembla eta Freo tomorrow.

I know of 29 delivered to customers so far, plus two who should have received theirs last week, but haven't shared their joy.
Another 10 scheduled for delivery this week.
Another 21 scheduled for delivery for the rest of the month.
Another 15 who ordered but no delivery date yet.
Another 73 who reserved, but no further details since then.

Anyone else notice that their stereo sounds a bit better each time they get in the car? I'd still give the edge to the hifi at home, but the gap seems to be narrowing.

Wonder if maybe there's no factory burn-in on the audio components. Or I could just be imagining things.

Theres always some burn in time with stereos/speakers, but tesla also improve the code's and processing via updates. Also depends on the source your using too

April 2nd 2016 was when I got the reservation confirmation from Tesla. IIRC, I made a reservation on April 1st at around the time Tesla announced 200K orders had been made.
You're too quick. I deleted the post after I checked the spreadsheet.

Yes, that's strange. They reported mine as April 4th. But I can recall April 3rd. Anyhow, your order is red/white. Mine is red/black. there seems to be a shortage on black interior of late. I counted 5 Melbournian are waiting for red/black P3D+ in this forum.

If Australia hits its Paris targets without accounting trickery (using theoretical ‘credits’ from Kyoto) it’s fair to say it will be achieved despite everything this knuckle-dragging Government has done to try to stop it. Sheer and utter bastardry - which will then be rubbed in by the Government’s hypocrisy and breathtaking gall to try to take the credit for it if it happens.

I went solar+battery partly as a middle-finger to all the deniers and troglodytes out there. I now generate more power than I use using nothing but sunshine - but according to them that’s impossible and I live in a cave. And when I buy my Model 3, I won’t be buying petrol any more. So take that. Revenge to big coal and oil is soooo sweet.
The funny thing is conservative voting is correlated to xenophobia & nationalism (plenty of research on this) - supporting electric cars means not having to import energy & supporting the nation’s economy. But denial of science trumps when you mentally compartmentalise

Last edited: